Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Haven't heard if Toyota Tax before :P

I see more F150's as mall crawlers and drive arounds. Tundra's aren't particularly frugal on fuel. But it's the common view on trucks that American trucks are real work trucks and Jap trucks are weak sauce.

F150 is the most popular truck, unfortunately. Would rather do heads on a chevy 6.0 than do spark plugs on a 5.3 3v. Ford still can't make an exhaust manifold that can last in a non salt region either. Haven't seen much of the 5.0 coyote motors. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

@terrytek Which would you prefer, the gold/bronze-ish TSW Nurburgrings or the black ones? Reddish orange car color.

i think black would look best. contrasting dark rims with light body job.

Don't like them. Big noise makers that can't do much work. Tacoma is good, especially first gen non prerunner. But I'd rather have a S10 for a mini truck. Much cheaper and they can haul some things. 

but you forgot the toyota hilux. :/ those things are indestructible, the ones with the 22re engine. the v6 was trash.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well, it's more of a dark reddish-orange.

Well, it's more of a dark reddish-orange.

still.

tsw has a "see on my car" thing that you can use to see what rims look good on ur car

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

but you forgot the toyota hilux. :/ those things are indestructible, the ones with the 22re engine. the v6 was trash.

22-RE was good. I like the xRZ-FE engines better.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

still.

tsw has a "see on my car" thing that you can use to see what rims look good on ur car

Oh I know that either color will look good and match. It's just which I'd rather stick with in the end.

22-RE was good. I like the xRZ-FE engines better.

But i know for a fact the 22RE was indestructible. You could do all sorts of damage to it and it would still run.

Oh I know that either color will look good and match. It's just which I'd rather stick with in the end.

Then it's up to your opinion.

On a Mustang? Just wondering...

Or a Focus...

System: Thinkpad T460

@AlwaysFSX if it were me, i'd go bronze because black is always used for aftermarket rims and it gives a degree of uniqueness. not much, but a little.

Then it's up to your opinion.

I know, but all of your guy's opinions are still valid. Someone might point something out to me that I didn't realize.

In a Mustang? Just wondering...

Or a Focus...

Definitely a Mustang, I do nooooooot want a Focus right now. :lol:

@AlwaysFSX if it were me, i'd go bronze because black is always used for aftermarket rims and it gives a degree of uniqueness. not much, but a little.

For reference because I finally found the tabs.

Color:

80-image_46143e9e087054e1c6143b79ae92ef2

Wheels:

w683-v_1.457.jpg

w687-v_1.1085.jpg

Color:

Wheels:

Black.

I know, but all of your guy's opinions are still valid. Someone might point something out to me that I didn't realize.

Definitely a Mustang, I do nooooooot want a Focus right now. :lol:

Idk they just seemed like Focus wheels to me.....

They look good... (on a cobra but still)

DSC00987.jpg

today i found out our 2010 corolla came from the dealer with 3 degrees of camber. pretty cool

DSC00987.jpg

Actually nurburgs look really really good on that body.

Color:

Wheels:

What year would the Mustang be?

Never seen an new edge in that color...

-snips-

Imo the Cobra's front bumper doesn't go well with the wheels, or wheels with the bumper. I dunno. Seems strange having something so bulbous and then spindly wheels.

today i found out our 2010 corolla came from the dealer with 3 degrees of camber. pretty cool

Fancy. :o

What year would the Mustang be?

Never seen an new edge in that color...

99-04, painting it myself.

Actually nurburgs look really really good on that body.

I'd still prefer some SVT's

I'd still prefer some SVT's

I wonder what TE37s look like on a New Edge mustang :P

Imo the Cobra's front bumper doesn't go well with the wheels, or wheels with the bumper. I dunno. Seems strange having something so bulbous and then spindly wheels.

Fancy. :o

well it looked pretty impossible to fit 18 inch TRD black 5 spoke rims with zero camber in the wheel arches.

I wonder what TE37s look like on a New Edge mustang :P

I'd assume strange, doesn't match the styling of them.

Wrong color but yeah.

A convertible?