Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Lemon Pound ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Cake

Ingredients
For the Pound Cake:

• 3 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature one brick
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 package lemon instant pudding (just use the mix/don't cook this!) 3.4 ounce
  • 6 large eggs room temperature
  • 3 cups sifted cake flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest

For the Lemon Glaze:

• 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar sifted
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • Optional: lemon zest for garnish

Instructions
For the Pound Cake:

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Add room temperature cream cheese, butter and salt to large mixing bowl and begin creaming on high speed until smooth. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Slowly add sugar and instant pudding to bowl and cream until light and fluffy which takes about 5-7 minutes.
  • Lower speed of mixer to medium and add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated.
  • Slow mixer to slowest speed and add flour one cup at a time into bowl until just incorporated.
  • Do not overbeat at this point. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Add lemon zest to bowl and mix.
  • Once everything is incorporated, pour cake batter into greased and floured or baking sprayed 12 cup bundt or tube pan
  • Bake for 1 hour and 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove cake and place on cooling rack for an hour or until it is completely cooled.

For the Glaze:

• Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If it is too runny, add a bit more sugar or if it is too thick, add a little bit more lemon juice. You want to consistency to coat the back of a spoon but slide off easily.
  • Drizzle on top of cooled cake, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

It's call pound cake, so like does it make a pound of cake? So why don't we just call it lb cake to make it more clear for everyone or 2.2kg cake so everyone can understand it.

12 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Funnily enough neither have I

Time to change that

11 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Lemon Pound ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Cake

Ingredients
For the Pound Cake:

• 3 sticks unsalted butter room temperature
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature one brick
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 package lemon instant pudding (just use the mix/don't cook this!) 3.4 ounce
  • 6 large eggs room temperature
  • 3 cups sifted cake flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest

For the Lemon Glaze:

• 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar sifted
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • Optional: lemon zest for garnish

Instructions
For the Pound Cake:

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Add room temperature cream cheese, butter and salt to large mixing bowl and begin creaming on high speed until smooth. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Slowly add sugar and instant pudding to bowl and cream until light and fluffy which takes about 5-7 minutes.
  • Lower speed of mixer to medium and add one egg at a time and mix until incorporated.
  • Slow mixer to slowest speed and add flour one cup at a time into bowl until just incorporated.
  • Do not overbeat at this point. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Add lemon zest to bowl and mix.
  • Once everything is incorporated, pour cake batter into greased and floured or baking sprayed 12 cup bundt or tube pan
  • Bake for 1 hour and 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
  • Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove cake and place on cooling rack for an hour or until it is completely cooled.

For the Glaze:

• Whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. If it is too runny, add a bit more sugar or if it is too thick, add a little bit more lemon juice. You want to consistency to coat the back of a spoon but slide off easily.
  • Drizzle on top of cooled cake, sprinkle with lemon zest and serve. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Too bad I'm making cookies today

5 hours ago, theninja35 said:

One time I had cookie cake and I made a frosting racecar on top.

Neato burrito

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

It's call pound cake, so like does it make a pound of cake? So why don't we just call it lb cake to make it more clear for everyone or 2.2kg cake so everyone can understand it.

Meanwhile @iDeFecZxis confused about the pricing

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Time to change that

Too bad I'm making cookies today

Neato burrito

I had a Chipotle burrito bowl for the first time yesterday, it was good. Had real food Juevos Rancheros the day before. The day before that, Taco Bell. I might turn inside out on the toilet, need to figure out how to harvest that methane for my car.

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

I had a Chipotle burrito bowl for the first time yesterday, it was good. Had real food Juevos Rancheros the day before. The day before that, Taco Bell. I might turn inside out on the toilet, need to figure out how to harvest that methane for my car.

I mean...

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/cow-power-toyota-s-new-car-can-run-on-hydrogen-from-irish-manure-1.4060193

12 hours ago, Bitter said:

If I look up what "pound cake" means, I won't get the definition of the british pound. If I look up what 1g means, I will get articles about the phone technology. 

On 6/15/2022 at 11:45 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

I just realised that you were suggesting a light bar as a joke, not showing me a picture of a similar looking truck to my old one as a reminder. Well, that's my autism for ya. 

Maybe "that's my autism for ya" in reference to me missing the point of a joke wasn't enough for you to realise that I specifically struggle with context clues as a result of how my brain is wired. So, I will say it explicitly. "The processing of context is another aspect of cognition that has been proposed to be impaired in autism. Such a context impairment is the basis of the weak “central coherence” approach [39–41]: according to this, normal cognition depends upon a “built-in propensity to form coherence over as wide a range of stimuli as possible, and to generalize over as wide a range of contexts as possible” [42, page 159]. Central coherence, moreover, provides “the everyday tendency to process incoming information in its context—that is, pulling information together for higher-level meaning” [43, page 217]. Those with autism have weak central coherence, and due to this: “Normal children everywhere do well when they understand and take account of context. This is not the case in autism” [42, page 142]." - Autism Research and Treatment

Arguing with the autistic kid about how he should be less autistic is an excellent lesson in futility.

16 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You mean it doesnt cost a quid? 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

16 hours ago, Bitter said:

Quesorito from Chipotle is a wonderful thing...if you know to order it.

@DANK_AS_gay

Again C O N T E X T. Google 1G 'insert car being discussed'. It's seriously not difficult to use context clues to navigate and determinate these kinds of things.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

@DANK_AS_gay

Again C O N T E X T. Google 1G 'insert car being discussed'. It's seriously not difficult to use context clues to navigate and determinate these kinds of things.

It pulls up the 1G FE Toyota engine. Also not applicable.

At this point I can't tell if you are joking or not.

15 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Me neither.

1 hour ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

It pulls up the 1G FE Toyota engine. Also not applicable.

1G Jeep, 1G Corvette, 1G Eclipse, 1G Bronco, and so on are going to bring up a Toyota engine? No, no they are not. You're being purposely obtuse just to beat your dead horse point.

14 minutes ago, Bitter said:

1G Jeep, 1G Corvette, 1G Eclipse, 1G Bronco, and so on are going to bring up a Toyota engine? No, no they are not. You're being purposely obtuse just to beat your dead horse point.

To be fair, "first generation" would've been easier to understand than "1g," but after someone had already pointed out it means generations, that should've been the end of that conversation.

49 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

To be fair, "first generation" would've been easier to understand than "1g," but after someone had already pointed out it means generations, that should've been the end of that conversation.

How about Mk? Mk2 MR2.

What about whatever the fuck I want to call it and you figure out the context? Also usually works

15 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

You mean it doesnt cost a quid? 

Man that'd be a thin slice of cake lol

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Man that'd be a thin slice of cake lol

Youd be surprised at how much cake we can get for that little money lol

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

I mean to be fair, not really, I've lived in Europe plenty lol

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

We can get a whole foot of cake with meat and veggies in the middle for $5, thanks Subway!

15 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

What about whatever the fuck I want to call it and you figure out the context? Also usually works

That usually works, though I hate when places lay out their forums by designation with no explanation. Like a BMW forum with E36, F22, etc but no (3 series 1990-1996) or something after so non BMW people don't have to Google what in the shit ass is a BMW F22.

31 minutes ago, Bitter said:

BMW F22

I was greatly disappointed that I couldn't find a picture of an F22 raptor with bmw grilles

56 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I was greatly disappointed that I couldn't find a picture of an F22 raptor with bmw grilles

I'm pretty sure the F22 Raptor would make a better and more reliable car than the BMW F22. I've yet to see one that's not broken 10 different ways with 220 codes in it's 60 different computer modules.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I'm pretty sure the F22 Raptor would make a better and more reliable car than the BMW F22. I've yet to see one that's not broken 10 different ways with 220 codes in it's 60 different computer modules.

Mines been faultless in over 60k miles 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

That usually works, though I hate when places lay out their forums by designation with no explanation. Like a BMW forum with E36, F22, etc but no (3 series 1990-1996) or something after so non BMW people don't have to Google what in the shit ass is a BMW F22.

Hehe I get it buuut.. I would think if someone doesn't know their chassis maybe they should see professionals about troubleshooting their car anyway.