Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

No I really don't know what you mean, please explain.

Well I hardly use a truck for carrying a large amount in the space of the boot, like a wagon, rather materials not suited for the back of a wagon, like greens and gardening tools and sheep etc. 

not it like loading it with IKEA and supermarket shopping for the end of the world.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Well I hardly use a truck for carrying a large amount in the space of the boot, like a wagon, rather materials not suited for the back of a wagon, like greens and gardening tools and sheep etc. 

not it like loading it with IKEA and supermarket shopping for the end of the world.

..what

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

..what

I guess I should sum it up like you can’t replace a wagon with a truck

Just now, RorzNZ said:

I guess I should sum it up like you can’t replace a wagon with a truck

Well what can you do with a wagon that I can't do with my truck..?

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ease of parking, milage, be lower on the ground. People will most likely look at crossovers as the new wagons and buy those instead. Not that any of those reasons matter wagons and trucks are just built to do different things. 

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Ease of parking

I have zero issues parking anywhere, even downtown.

milage

That doesn't detract from vehicle utility, however, don't buy something you can't afford to run and maintain.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

be lower on the ground

How is that more utility compared to a truck?

4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

People will most likely look at crossovers as the new wagons and buy those instead. Not that any of those reasons matter wagons and trucks are just built to do different things. 

You still haven't answered my question. What can't I do that a wagon can?

24 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That doesn't detract from vehicle utility, however, don't buy something you can't afford to run and maintain.

Well at a loss here but wasn’t what I was trying to say in the first place lol. Be a Subaru I guess.

14 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Well at a loss here but wasn’t what I was trying to say in the first place lol. Be a Subaru I guess.

So wagons are better than trucks, but you can't tell me why.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

3d chess

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

19 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well simple, they're not as common or popular so obviously they're superior!

Like OSX, the FN SCAR 16S, Keurig single cup coffee makers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

They are better for different things. 

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

They are better for different things. 

Such as?

4 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Mostly use for towing and 4x4 really not to load with heaps of stuff. Also to look like I have a massive johnson

I load the bed of my truck with crap regularly, since my parents are constantly buying new shit, the old shit gotta go somewhere.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Such as?

Well with a truck you load it with whatever and go wherever you want. I use my truck to bring sheep to different places in the back and move stuff in the trailer etc. In a wagon this would just not work at all. 

With a wagon its better for cruising around town, you can get into any carpark you want and better for the milage. I don't really like wagons so IDK, but I'm sure people like to race them or the look or something too. 

24 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I load the bed of my truck with crap regularly, since my parents are constantly buying new shit, the old shit gotta go somewhere.

Thats a ute though, not like in the trunk. 

With a wagon its better for cruising around town, you can get into any carpark you want and better for the milage. I don't really like wagons so IDK, but I'm sure people like to race them or the look or something too. 

You can do that with a truck too. The sole reason I still have a Dodge Dakota, instead of selling it and just driving my Ram 2500, is because the Dakota is as easy to park as a large car, small SUV, crossover, station wagon (which is the same thing as a crossover, just older marketing). If I swapped the V8 Magnum out, I could also get vastly better mileage.

But I don't hold the V8 magnum against the Dakota and small pick'em ups as a class, because it's a relatively bad engine design and choice that only serves to give it the same towing capacity as some proper half tons of similar release years.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

16 hours ago, techswede said:

I can almost guarantee that those covers are illegal. 

In most places anything that obscures your license plate in any way is illegal. That includes those covers (That are mostly used to fool speed cameras)

Can you *get away with it*. Probably. Until a cop spots the plastic over your license plate. 

Thanks for the tip. Better safe than sorry, I guess.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Find a parking space in a European city, get good gas mileage, keep the things I'm transporting dry when it rains, go round corners ...

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Without wanting to join an argument to which is better or not that's an easy question to answer .......driver experience, some people will pay to have a sporty driver experience that they can use daily.

Pete

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Such as?

I'd love to own a truck if it was electric and still decently capable, the more fuel efficient wagon + renting a trailer is my pick when it's gas/diesel powered.

Most trucks being pretty high I would see as a bit of a problem when loading stuff and when you don't want whatever you are loading to get wet a wagon again is a good choice but you could also carry a tarp everywhere if you can bother with that. 

I can't really say how much of a problem these are having not owned one but those are the ones I see myself. Owning a truck or a ute would be great for my bike when I need to drag that around or help friends with theirs but a wagon and a trailer also does that

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, sirtoby said:

Find a parking space in a European city, get good gas mileage, keep the things I'm transporting dry when it rains, go round corners ...

You can do all of those things with a truck. Just don't buy a formal half ton like an F150 or Ram 1500, or larger.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

in my eyes, if I need a truck for something, I can go rent one from uhaul for not a lot of money

guess it just depends on how often you need one

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

With a wagon its better for cruising around town

Irrelevant to utility

you can get into any carpark you want

In the US, where things are designed around actually being able to use the vehicles here, you do not have that problem in a truck

and better for the milage.

Irrelevant to utility

I don't really like wagons so IDK, but I'm sure people like to race them or the look or something too. 

4 hours ago, sirtoby said:

As I said above, in the US where things are designed around the vehicles we have here, that's not an issue. Gas mileage is irrelevant to utility. You must not know about cabs and bed caps:

Image result for leer cap

And if you think I can't go around a corner you'll be in a *world* of surprise of things you can do in a truck.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

in my eyes, if I need a truck for something, I can go rent one from uhaul for not a lot of money

guess it just depends on how often you need one

I use the bed often enough it's worth owning one and not dealing with a place like uhaul. And I don't care about gas mileage in the first place even though it could be much, much worse.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And if you think I can't go around a corner you'll be in a *world* of surprise of things you can do in a truck.

Kinda have to concede that this is more VEHICLE dependant and not vehicle TYPE dependant. My Dakota can't corner worth shit relative to its size. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

honestly i would love wagons to become popular in america someday, but at the same time, I don't bash trucks because they do have their uses here in the states, and it's kinda been part of the culture here for decades. so i would prefer a wagon for daily driving, but i wouldn't count out owning a truck either. just so long as it's a toyota truck. ? 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D