Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

-GARBAGE-

Disgusting. Repulsive. Inhumane to even observe!

And now for how I feel about the Pizza.

Ew.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Then don't talk about it. Just like you don't expect the neighborhood harlet to stroll around nude in front of kids.

Why not, This isn't nazi Germany, I can talk about my Bacon and Pineapple with extra pineapple Pizza and you can talk about your Mushroom pizza. I can't stand mushrooms but hey not me eating them so you enjoy talking/eating them as much as you want. 

Gatta relax man, Its all just words when we talk about things. Shouldn't get so triggered about whats on a pizza :)

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

3 hours ago, Charmander said:

I LOVE ACURAAA!!! I want to get a 2007 TSX soo bad :)

Whats ur favourite car?

No contest

ImportExpo Toronto 2017

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, Not_Sean said:

Why not, This isn't nazi Germany, I can talk about my Bacon and Pineapple with extra pineapple Pizza and you can talk about your Mushroom pizza. I can't stand mushrooms but hey not me eating them so you enjoy talking/eating them as much as you want. 

I hate mushrooms. Also, have you seen the state of the interwebz lately? Censor everything offensive, bro. And ruining pizza with garbage is offensive to all man kind, bruh.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I hate mushrooms. Also, have you seen the state of the interwebz lately? Censor everything offensive, bro. And ruining pizza with garbage is offensive to all man kind, bruh.

LOL, oh little millennial Marshmellow, this is where the world has failed you. If mushrooms and Pineapple on a pizza Offends you.. the key word in that is YOU. that's your problem, So no need to vent about it cause now the rest of us have to deal with something that's your problem, instead just keep it in and move on with your life.

TLDR: Its ok to be offended, but don't expect the rest of us to stop doing what we doing because of it.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

tumblr_n39t8j2UtP1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg

I'm super duper hungry after seeing this ugh.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, Not_Sean said:

LOL, oh little millennial Marshmellow, this is where the world has failed you. If mushrooms and Pineapple on a pizza Offends you.. the key word in that is YOU. that's your problem, So no need to vent about it cause now the rest of us have to deal with something that's your problem, instead just keep it in and move on with your life.

TLDR: Its ok to be offended, but don't expect the rest of us to stop doing what we doing because of it.  

Image result for marge simpson

*Insert Marge quote that summarizes entire joke*

I'm bored.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

14 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I'm super duper hungry after seeing this ugh.

Welp.

3 hours ago, warmmilk said:

not bad, I caught a little bit of understeer there :D

Yeah just a bit lol. I try man.... I try

i actually had more oversteer moments than understeer ones in that car. It loved to come around when you lifted off

Hmmm I’m starting to wonder if I’ve achieved my goal of being able to hop in any car and be /decent/ already? Lol

2 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Awesome! I hope you liked driving my car (not exactly mine but it's the same car, even black!).

I think the best feeling in the world is when you wash your car, fully clean your wheels and engine bay and change the oil with really premium stuff that lasts 12,000-15,000 miles. Feels good knowing your car is properly maintained. :)

In all seriousness, anyone else used Royal Purple oil before? I thought it was really cool that it's actually purple oil xD and people say it lasts 15,000 miles. I still made my service interval 10,000 miles just to be safe.

Your car is fun. Like I said really the only thing I hated about it was the lag which Is really just an autoX specific problem because instant response is super important. For a track day that’s much less important and for street use it frankly doesn’t matter much. 

Koni yellows man. Soooo good. Get some. Just don’t go full stiff on the rear (like seriously, why did he do this? Lol) like he did, id say put them about halfway.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

you don't want the Ford 2.3. Check out globally they are popping head gaskets all over the place and not even under load. What you want is the Fiesta 1.6T engine, Guys have been getting Stupid power out of them and completely reliable. hell, there is videos of FiST with hybrid turbo killing an R8 at the drag strip. 

We also never got them in South Africa growing up so anytime I saw a skyline,Supra, silvia or any JDM goodness it was such an epic build I grew up disillusioned, by today standards they actually terrible motors  and only upside is you can rebuild them in your garage with no computers, downside is unless you spent big money most semi-modern cars kill them even if they stock. 

Oh I know they're having a lot of issues as of now. Hopefully that gets fixed with time. 

The older motors just have this charm to them and I feel often sound better than most things on the road anymore. 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

13 hours ago, Charmander said:

I LOVE ACURAAA!!! I want to get a 2007 TSX soo bad :)

Whats ur favourite car?

20170825_201426.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

11 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Disgusting. Repulsive. Inhumane to even observe!

And now for how I feel about the Pizza.

Ew.

i do have to say, the local pizza place makes a damn good chicken + pineapple pizza 

also i hate mushrooms ... 

thought i'd join in on the fun :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Folding@Home | BOINC

I just got some Conti DWS06’s to replace the old Miata fronts. 

$97/ea I guess not to bad (new, of course)

also sticking with 195/50R16 instead of the stock 205/45R16 for ride quality reasons (and it helps with the speedo being off, but only a little)

ends up being a slight stretch but it’s no worse than an off the lot bmw so *shrug*

(and note these are just my everyday tires... my re71r’s for fun use are still ok)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

so quiet...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

so quiet...

yeah, cause all the off-topic stuff ... basically the not car/tech stuff has moved on to discord ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, Mister2010 said:

yeah, cause all the off-topic stuff ... basically the not car/tech stuff has moved on to discord ... 

I hate the discord. ruining the thread. @vinyldash303 @techswede

I mean we knew this would happen... several of us said it would happen. It's now happening....

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Just wait. It'll run its course. 

it won't unless everyone puts it down. discord is very convenient... but our beautiful thread is better. come back to the thread!!!

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it won't unless everyone puts it down. discord is very convenient... but our beautiful thread is better. come back to the thread!!!

i never left it 

FML after upgrading to my gtx1080 .. geforce experience has fucking stopped working properly .... reinstalled it SO many times ... nothing ever made it work .... 

31 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

zdITTTe.gif

I can be a dick in the discord.. Here i have to be nice...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

44 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

FML after upgrading to my gtx1080 .. geforce experience has fucking stopped working properly .... reinstalled it SO many times ... nothing ever made it work .... 

Have you tried using that gpu driver uninstaller tool that everyone uses? I forget the name of it lol

edit: “DDU” (Display Driver Uninstaller)

Spoiler

Miffed that i didn't think to take a picture earlier. But the ice and frost had settled into this really beautiful and kinda mesmerizing floral pattern all over my car. I'll try to remember to take a proper pic next time. 

Maybe so i could use it for reference and possibly get it ghosted onto the car. Maybe on the roof of the Mini if i get one.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"