Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

20 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Someones been away for a while lmao

Went camping on the 10th and haven't had the chance to catch up until yesterday (camping with no electricity almost, hotel had paid wifi, phucc dat shit)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

so as tropical storm harvey bears down on us today.... I am amazed that:

1. work isn't cancelled, despite only having one entrance on an island that floods /fairly easily/ and if flooded you cannot leave.

and

2. The University hasn't cancelled classes... when they normally cancel classes for little storms that are never a big deal lol (all the public and private schools are cancelled today)

so I have to be at work for 8 and school for 2:30 today. It's supposed to rain a LOT in between. So 1 of 2 things is gonna happen:
1. the island entrance will flood and I will be stuck there. (Not worried about the island itself flooding, that would take a LOT)

2. Everything will be fine.

Wish me luck!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

16 hours ago, superfart435 ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °) said:

You can't deny that this is a sexy photo of my car19379790_1969874496567358_843606399559663616_n.jpg.4c8981bd076b190095abb69de368cb64.jpg

I mean, I can deny it's a sexy car..... It would just be a lie

12 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Ford sedan with a V8 because racecar.

IMG_2374.thumb.JPG.339c0282768d4d688ee4776713d5cf95.JPG

Hmmmm..... a V8 in a focus you say........

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

These look awesome

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

List of notable car things over the week/weekend

Saw an orange Mclaren, no idea what type. I have dash cam footage of it but i'm too lazy to get it, and with my luck it's already been over written with the driving I did yesterday.

Dont think I mentioned this yet but I installed jack rails on my ST. They went on very easy, the only "hard part" was the side under chassis panels needed to be trimmed back an inch for both to co-exist nicely. And I did want to keep them, living in New York after all and having to deal with salt and snow. 

20170828_084632.thumb.jpg.fdd3a869db81762e9662db8076000983.jpg

Additionally added a gas pedal spacer so now all three pedals are even with eachother. It's kinda nice actually.

(Unrelated, I'm getting a P04DB code, I'm not entirely sure what it means, Ive gotten different answers on the internet)

Washed the ST. Very glad I got mudflaps, was at a county fair not that long ago and there was mud all inside the mudflaps with only a teeny bit of mud on the top of the quarter panel where the mud flaps dont go all the way up. 

On my way back from a picnic I got my first real experience driving fast and weaving in traffic with an RX-8 (first time ever in general, not just with an RX-8). That was thrilling.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

so as tropical storm harvey bears down on us today.... I am amazed that:

1. work isn't cancelled, despite only having one entrance on an island that floods /fairly easily/ and if flooded you cannot leave.

and

2. The University hasn't cancelled classes... when they normally cancel classes for little storms that are never a big deal lol (all the public and private schools are cancelled today)

so I have to be at work for 8 and school for 2:30 today. It's supposed to rain a LOT in between. So 1 of 2 things is gonna happen:
1. the island entrance will flood and I will be stuck there. (Not worried about the island itself flooding, that would take a LOT)

2. Everything will be fine.

Wish me luck!

I thought Texas was more of an issue than Louisiana... Most of the news networks are only citing Corpus Christi-Houston as danger zones. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

11 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

I thought Texas was more of an issue than Louisiana... Most of the news networks are only citing Corpus Christi-Houston as danger zones. 

look at a doppler radar as well as the projected path of the storm. We're getting a lot too!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

i totally didn't drink them all

oh you little .... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I mean, I can deny it's a sexy car..... It would just be a lie

Hmmmm..... a V8 in a focus you say........

They raced the same cars at Bathurst. The shop completely rebuilds the car into a tube-frame chassis and stuffs a V8 in it.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/04/26/a-closer-look-at-the-marc-cars-australia-ford-focus-v8.html

Most of them are based on Focii but I believe MARC also did one Mazda.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

They raced the same cars at Bathurst. The shop completely rebuilds the car into a tube-frame chassis and stuffs a V8 in it.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/04/26/a-closer-look-at-the-marc-cars-australia-ford-focus-v8.html

Most of them are based on Focii but I believe MARC also did one Mazda.

One of the key selling points of the MARC is that it can be fitted with custom saloon-car bodywork. The majority of examples produced sold so far sport Ford Focus body panels, but there are also Mazda3 versions (seen at Bathurst this year) and there’s a BMW-bodied car in the works. Aero elements, including the front splitter, wheelarches and rear wing, are standard whatever body is used.

Thats kinda cool. I like how modular it is. Perhaps this is more common than I realize in the motorcross world but still. 

“The chassis is fully designed in CAD and produced using CNC cutting and blending – there are no hand-made parts,” McLeod told us. “It has an FIA-approved roll cage and can be built as either a right or left-hand drive car just by changing the floorpan a bit..."

“We use Recaro’s 991 bucket seat, the steering columnn from V8 Supercars, an Albins six-speed transaxle and a Ford Coyote V8 engine with a stock manifold and throttle, plus a dry-sump system,” continues McLeod. “The engine is solid-mounted against the bulkhead, so you can easily swap in another motor – a diesel or a V6 or whatever..."

Much of the car has been designed to make repairs quick and easy during an endurance race and minimise the amount of spares needed to be kept on hand. The suspension, for example, has ambidextrous control arms, with the same uprights, bearings and spindles for all four wheels.

The front clip, including the radiator, can be removed by undoing four bolts, allowing for fast replacement in the event of a shunt.

10 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

how much spaghetti can you fit in the bare engine bay?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

(Unrelated, I'm getting a P04DB code, I'm not entirely sure what it means, Ive gotten different answers on the internet)

Are you on the focusst forum at all? That would be my go-to place and then reddit as well.

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Are you on the focusst forum at all? That would be my go-to place and then reddit as well.

My google search brought me there, one of the suggestions was something to do with the CAT I think. The other "problem" (on F150/250 trucks) was something with oil lines, a lot of people reported the issue when installing oil catch cans, something I've not done.

17 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Here in Portugal, C2 VTS's are about double of the 106's and Saxo's. 6 grand... :|

520d. My brother wants to trade it for a 530d or something like that, he just hates the 4 cylinder. My father on the other hand, I don't think he wants to get rid of it...

5000€ get me a 1.8T.

S4's are almost inexistent here, and if one does appear, it would probably cost more than 12k...

Like the looks, absolutely hate the wheels.

Never sold LFA's? WTF?!

E36 M3 Sedan. I want one.

Corvette engine on a Mustang. Hate when people swap engines from "rival" manufacturers.

Just came back from the usual family vacation down in Algarve. And before that I went camping for 10 days for a summer music festival. Heard some pretty nice bands live. Foals, BadBadNotGood (they are absolutely amazing live), HO99O9 is amazing for the moshpits and such. Pretty neat.

I am moving to the UK in a few years, or at least I hope I get a job offer from up there. I so want to live there because Japan imports, and car scene and car modding is so much better than the Portuguese... :|

Noticed that on Forza Horizon 3. At first I thought the game was bugged or something like that, but then I googled it and saw those fins... Weird.

Rear engine, rear wheel drive hatchback. The short wheel base makes it a bit bad for drifting, but should be plenty fun.

I say 1700.

IDK, most people here go straight to the paddocks. 5€ entry is almost nothing.

Same here xD

On the other side of the freaking globe son.

Will be posting some pics of the 24h cars and some cars I spotted outside the track (beautiful 2nd gen Eclipse, very well done, not ricy at all) and such.

Sorry about the notification rape. This won't be the last one. I'm going "off the grid" again. Camping on the mountains, and then, another music festival xD

Wow. Someone's back. :P

You could also import a car from another EU country (like Germany). 

https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/audi-s4-avant-2-7-quattro-esp-xenon-klima-alcantara-schömberg/247001660.html?ref=srp

Spoiler

^^I know you want it. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Hey Guys my name Is Jeremiah, I'm 21 I lived In Central Virginia, United States. I lived about 4 hours from Washington DC and I use to own a 1983 Mazda Rx7 GSL. I owned her for about 3 years. Bought her for $500 and got her back on the road. I'm a rotary enthusiast! Let's talk Doritos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah_H said:

Hey Guys my name Is Jeremiah, I'm 21 I lived In Central Virginia, United States. I lived about 4 hours from Washington DC and I use to own a 1983 Mazda Rx7 GSL. I owned her for about 3 years. Bought her for $500 and got her back on the road. I'm a rotary enthusiast! Let's talk Doritos.

1.jpg

2.jpg

nice car! what all have you done to it?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah_H said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Mmmmmmmm!

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

nice car! what all have you done to it?

So sadly a few months ago I had to let her go, but I had completely done an emission delete which on these first gen cars will aid in gaining roughly 15-20 more horsepower.. Thanks mazda! After I cleaned up the engine bay with all the unnecessary junk from the 80's I rebuilt the carburetor and modified the secondaries to open mechanically. As far as performance parts went I went with a Pacesetter exhaust header to straight pipe, polished the lower intake manifold, and revamped the ignition system. Sadly I never got around to porting the motor. The car sat with 270k original miles and was a miracle that it still had good compression! Regardless it was a unique car and I plan on getting a 2nd Generation Rx7 now!

4 minutes ago, Jeremiah_H said:

So sadly a few months ago I had to let her go, but I had completely done an emission delete which on these first gen cars will aid in gaining roughly 15-20 more horsepower.. Thanks mazda! After I cleaned up the engine bay with all the unnecessary junk from the 80's I rebuilt the carburetor and modified the secondaries to open mechanically. As far as performance parts went I went with a Pacesetter exhaust header to straight pipe, polished the lower intake manifold, and revamped the ignition system. Sadly I never got around to porting the motor. The car sat with 270k original miles and was a miracle that it still had good compression! Regardless it was a unique car and I plan on getting a 2nd Generation Rx7 now!

I was gonna ask how many apex seals has it spit out during the years ;)

But still , cool car ! 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I was gonna ask how many apex seals has it spit out during the years ;)

But still , cool car ! 

haha I'll tell you at-least one apex seal. The engine had been pulled apart once i hypothesize from my deductive engineering skills! We also got a good telescopic camera in the spark plug holes to see what was going on when we had it apart once.

Edited by Jeremiah_H

@Jeremiah_H nice doritos, i really would like a rotary engined car

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

32 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

@Jeremiah_H nice doritos, i really would like a rotary engined car

RWD, 20B 9-5 Wagon

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I just learned Suki from 2 Fast 2 Furious is the sister of DJ Steve Aoki. 

My mind is blown 

Got a dark beer, would recommend to y'all if I could find where the bottle went to grab the label. Oh well.