Ultimate Compact Titan XP Gaming PC 3

We can build it. Smaller. Faster. Better... Using the DAN Cases A4-SFX v2, which now includes a window option and another cool trick up its sleeve...

Learn more about the DAN Cases A4-SFX v2 on Kickstarter: http://geni.us/BP1nG0b

Buy a Titan Xp Collector's Edition from NVIDIA: http://geni.us/8Ofy

Buy an Asetek 545LC 92mm AIO from Asetek: http://geni.us/orK0

Buy a Core i9 7980XE:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/z4taNL
On Newegg: http://geni.us/0Y0p

Buy an ASRock X299E-ITX/ac:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/WBaVR0
On Newegg: http://geni.us/UIkejs

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

This looks like something that would really complement my desk since I don't have very much space. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

What's the name of the background song they used in the video?

Just watched the video. I want one

i think that LMG should create a backpack VR solution using this, an office, HTC VIVE, and a long, roof mounted power cable on a pivot to create the most cable-free VR space for all the Linus Media Group staff.  

Who needs to go home when VR at the office is a thing!!

"That's hot but it's not throttling" - trust me, that is already dangerous territory.

CPU die temps are only PART of the thermal equation. It would be good to see the VRM temps since even while they may be rated for 105C, running anything that hot will shorten it's lifespan CONSIDERABLY.

The same with internal case temps as they will affect the RAM, motherboard and SSD - components which ideally should be kept below 50C.

Going to the effort of delidding and sourcing that radiator wasn't worth it because this is clearly not a configuration suitable for 24/7 use, or for use in a non air-conditioned environment.

Your videos are getting pointless lately - just because you CAN do something (stupid) doesn't mean that you SHOULD.

11 minutes ago, Luscious said:

"That's hot but it's not throttling"

Every Mac ever xD

I would like to know what Linus watch is.

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

19 hours ago, Hiitchy said:

This looks like something that would really complement my desk since I don't have very much space. 

I mean sure you can do that, but is the amazing Thermaltake Core V1 case really too big?

Its just big enough for a mini ITX board, dual slot GPU up to 285 mm, and it has room for a full size ATX PSU, 2x80mm case fans, and a 140mm radiator with a fan on either side (200mm fan in front), plus theres sufficient room for a custom water loop too. Mines just right for my 8700k at 5 Ghz.

It can also fit 2 HDDs and 2 SSDs.

Linus is my fetish.

Im happy about this video.  I hope Linus can push the PC building culture toward cases which don't look like absolute f***ing dinosaurs.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

5 hours ago, minervx said:

Im happy about this video.  I hope Linus can push the PC building culture toward cases which don't look like absolute f***ing dinosaurs.

lol. SFF PCs have always been a thing.

"Dinosaurs" are better for actual performance though. Way more breathing room. That 7980XE will barely OC at all in that. Stock cooler on a Titan, no thx.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

lol. SFF PCs have always been a thing.

"Dinosaurs" are better for actual performance though. Way more breathing room. That 7980XE will barely OC at all in that. Stock cooler on a Titan, no thx.

1) They've never been a big thing.  Most prebuilts are dinosaurs.  Most cases on the market are dinosaurs.  

2) For those that are building very high-end rigs, I understand.  However, for the majority of users, anything bigger than the size of a Phantek Enthoo Evolv isn't necessary

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

How much cash for the case? in cdn since we are all cdn here!

Also why doesnt Linus have time for it? Dont make sense!

Linus should actually build a case around good products!

14 hours ago, minervx said:

1) They've never been a big thing.  Most prebuilts are dinosaurs.  Most cases on the market are dinosaurs.  

2) For those that are building very high-end rigs, I understand.  However, for the majority of users, anything bigger than the size of a Phantek Enthoo Evolv isn't necessary

>prebuilts

Good meme.

That little Phanteks doesn't have room for all the RGB that the kids are into these days.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

On 2/4/2018 at 5:09 PM, VegetableStu said:

must every video be about a service to the consumers? ._.

(also where's the fun in that)

1. Think about the sheep that will go out and try and replicate this same build... only to come back 6-12 months later with a dead system because a component got fried, or a chain failure caused by multiple parts dying in succession. Do you really want to waste your own money that way because some clown on YT didn't care about properly informing his target audience? Even a toaster comes with a warning label.

2. Ah, here we go again - the argument that running a YT channel automatically grants you a license to be funny. If I wanted comedy I would go find A COMEDIAN. Just stick to the interesting stuff and leave the comedy to the professionals if all you can do is crazy stupid.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey Linus how much can I pay you to make me a similar gaming PC with the same PC case but different hardware with shipping costs

16 hours ago, CAPTAIN_MALDIVES said:

Hey Linus how much can I pay you to make me a similar gaming PC with the same PC case but different hardware with shipping costs

You're far from the first to ask, and the official answer from linus is he has 0 interest in building systems for subs.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me the name of that fan adapter Linus used?