Logan Paul is Getting Punished

First, the article:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/10/16871562/logan-paul-youtube-red-thinning

Many of you heard about Logan Paul's video of his visit to the Suicide Forest in Japan.  In this video, he filmed and laughed at a suicide victim who had hung himself, which is disrespectful beyond belief.  As I would've expected, Logan Paul was met with severe backlash for this video, which he eventually took down.  Later on, Logan provided a slew of apologies for his video, not all of which seemed sincere, and YouTube was slow to condemn his actions.  Many of us expressed disgust regarding YouTube's slow response and lack of disciplinary action, but guess what?  YouTube has now done some things about this!

YouTube is beginning to punish Logan Paul in the wake of controversy.

The company announced today that it will not move forward with a planned YouTube Red movie that Paul was supposed to star in at this time as the project is on hold. The Thinning: New World Order was supposed to be the sequel to Paul’s 2016 YouTube Red movie, The Thinning. A YouTube representative also confirmed to Polygon he is removed from Google’s top tier preferred ad program.

“In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred,” a YouTube representative said. Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season 4 of ‘Foursome’ and his new Originals are on hold.

I didn't like YouTube's slow response, either, but better late than never!  Thus far, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Logan's punishment and PewDiePie's punishment for the one anti-Semitic video he put out last February.  Speaking of which...

Since the Paul controversy, PewDiePie has repeatedly said that if Paul remains unpunished, PewDiePie should be allowed to release the sophomore season of his show, which he claims is already finished.

"The man has a point," the guys at YouTube headquarters mumble to each other.  xD 

It doesn't sound like Logan Paul is getting fully demonitized yet, but I hope things are headed in that direction.  Bottom line is that the video was an abomination that made Google look bad, YouTube look worse, and Logan Paul look absolutely despicable.  And God knows how many kids watched that video!  Ugh!

(Mods...posting guidelines...did I do it right?)

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

8 minutes ago, techstorm970 said:

You did ok.

Spoiler

jk this is one of the better TnR posts out there :) You're only missing images to be a Tier 1 TnR post

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

one less fucktard on youtube, ill take that.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

so in other words Youtube will gladly put the thinning: new world up once everything has blown over and people no longer care

YouTube Red movie that Paul was supposed to star in at this time as the project is on hold

should not be "On hold" it should be cut completely

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Yay! Something good is happening! 

Oh the thinning is already on. As in their thinning the amount of money and views he gets :P 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

5 minutes ago, thorsong said:

Real easy solution, don't watch his videos. Want to punish him for being a complete ass? Don't watch him being one.

That's too smart for people to do. People just get offended by everything and want to feel important by asking for "divine" punishment instead of just getting their heels off and on a another road.

15 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

so in other words Youtube will gladly put the thinning: new world up once everything has blown over and people no longer care

"Paul was supposed to star in at this time as the project is on hold. The Thinning: New World Order "

I Think the key word here is 'Supposed' as this does imply a restructure to the Movie so I could end up being release later on just without Paul. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

3 minutes ago, ErrantNyles said:

That's too smart for people to do. People just get offended by everything and want to feel important by asking for "divine" punishment instead of just getting their heels off and on a another road.

Not for me, Never knew he was a Youtuber, Just heard it over the radio one day in the car 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

"Paul was supposed to star in at this time as the project is on hold. The Thinning: New World Order "

I Think the key word here is 'Supposed' as this does imply a restructure to the Movie so I could end up being release later on just without Paul. 

he's the main character, no idea how that's going to work unless they kill him off real quick off screen and completely rewrite the entire movie

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Just now, Sierra Fox said:

he's the main character, no idea how that's going to work unless they kill him off real quick off screen and completely rewrite the entire movie

you'd be surprise what people do to keep money coming in. And I highly doubt youtube would Drop a movie they have already invested in because of this which is why I'm suggesting the Character replacement. If it means he gets killed off or goes missing within the first 5mins then fine. I Just don't see them wasting money on a production they already started.

Just my Opinion, Stupid Opinion I may add :D 

3 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

I Just don't see them wasting money on a production they already started.

i dont think youtube can win with this. their either can a, effectively, finished film and take the loss, re-film most of the movie or they release it and get destroyed by people because Logan Paul is a stupid <REDACTED> <REDACTED> who <REDACTED> <REDACTED> <REDACTED>.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

He alredy has millions l, unless he’s j debt from all the spending he does it really doesn’t matter. He can still sit back and laugh with millions in his pocket,

personaly i I didn’t get offended or care about the video of the dead guy and I’ve had a friend who hung himself in high school. People are just sissy’s now.  

Why dont we go and boycott live leak if seeing dead people is so bad. You see 80 suicide vidoes uplaoded to live leak daily 

1 hour ago, techstorm970 said:

First, the article:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/10/16871562/logan-paul-youtube-red-thinning

Many of you heard about Logan Paul's video of his visit to the Suicide Forest in Japan.  In this video, he filmed and laughed at a suicide victim who had hung himself, which is disrespectful beyond belief.  As I would've expected, Logan Paul was met with severe backlash for this video, which he eventually took down.  Later on, Logan provided a slew of apologies for his video, not all of which seemed sincere, and YouTube was slow to condemn his actions.  Many of us expressed disgust regarding YouTube's slow response and lack of disciplinary action, but guess what?  YouTube has now done some things about this!

I didn't like YouTube's slow response, either, but better late than never!  Thus far, I'm seeing a lot of similarities between Logan's punishment and PewDiePie's punishment for the one anti-Semitic video he put out last February.  Speaking of which...

"The man has a point," the guys at YouTube headquarters mumble to each other.  xD 

It doesn't sound like Logan Paul is getting fully demonitized yet, but I hope things are headed in that direction.  Bottom line is that the video was an abomination that made Google look bad, YouTube look worse, and Logan Paul look absolutely despicable.  And God knows how many kids watched that video!  Ugh!

Anyone remember when YouTubers where getting the whole channels terminated for using misleading tags to boost views? I reckon his channel should have just been terminated when that video came out.

52 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

Anyone remember when YouTubers where getting the whole channels terminated for using misleading tags to boost views? I reckon his channel should have just been terminated when that video came out.

I agree. At least it would make people realize that full time YouTube isn't going to be a worthwhile formula forever. The bubble will eventually burst and leave many people with a giant hole in their resume. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

2 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

should not be "On hold" it should be cut completely

“If it makes money it makes sense”. Youtube is a business and if there is revenew to be made then they are still consodering it.  It will be fully cut if Paul loses support from fans.

Thats how I see it.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

2 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

If I were logan paul I would just take a nice vacation somewhere for a month and forget about all this. I would basically just "go dark" for a month. Visit someplace nice and forget all this crap. 

If the internet still hates me after a month, I would just "retire". 

He should actually get his lawyers on the horn and see how much in damages he can extract from YouTube. YouTube, being the terribly managed organization that it is, likely has broken far more aspects of their contracts than you might think, plus the reality is that they kept the video monetized during it's controversy and high viewership count. YouTube is now trying to save face at the expense of Logan, which means that YouTube has now taken actions detrimental to him. This could get very expensive by the time it's all say & done.

He should personally rethink a few things, but that's irrespective of what he should be doing right now.

17 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

He should actually get his lawyers on the horn and see how much in damages he can extract from YouTube. YouTube, being the terribly managed organization that it is, likely has broken far more aspects of their contracts than you might think, plus the reality is that they kept the video monetized during it's controversy and high viewership count. YouTube is now trying to save face at the expense of Logan, which means that YouTube has now taken actions detrimental to him. This could get very expensive by the time it's all say & done.

He should personally rethink a few things, but that's irrespective of what he should be doing right now.

If he turned around and sued YouTube I think his career as popular idiot would be over. Not that's not over already, but even more so

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

2 hours ago, thorsong said:

Real easy solution, don't watch his videos. Want to punish him for being a complete ass? Don't watch him being one.

yea his main audience doesnt read this.

3 hours ago, thorsong said:

28 minutes ago, apm said:

yea his main audience doesnt read this.

Yeah, small problem...a lot of idiots like Logan Paul.  As long as that's true, he's still going.

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

I’m going to be the one person to say, this doesn’t matter. Oooh! He’s not on the top tier! So what?? He had 30 MILLION VIEWS on his “I’m sorry” video. People think that this is going to hurt him when it won’t.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

2 hours ago, Brehohn said:

I’m going to be the one person to say, this doesn’t matter. Oooh! He’s not on the top tier! So what?? He had 30 MILLION VIEWS on his “I’m sorry” video. People think that this is going to hurt him when it won’t.

Hey Hey Hey now.  Him making $20,000 saying sorry instead of $35,000 Now is completely world changing. and then the what 5% of viewers he might loose . 2 weeks from now his life will have barley changed

I Could be wrong but honestly i have no idea who this guy is. I Stick to the Tech, Very informational type videos & Music on YT for the most part. 

8 hours ago, Brehohn said:

It's always about the money.  My injustice meter went full scale deflection.  If this had been anyone with less than X subs they would have had any chance of making money from youtube removed.      You tube (and google) is definitely not a level playing field, they look after the dollars.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Great: All it took is other extremely popular youtubers using their platform and time to shame Google into action.

But what did it take for Google to take down people copying or even just commenting on Paul's video? Immediate takedowns of said videos and whole channels stricken down.

This is basically the same situation as with Felix and the WSJ nonsense: Youtube is only reacting to negative press and realized that their popular creators would not let them get away with covering up Logan Paul any longer, which they were perfectly fine and intended to do so seeing how they didn't even remove the video initially, Logan did.

All around fucking fail on their part so color me unimpressed by their late, dragging their fucking feet response: If they were serious about it they should delete his fucking channel permanently and kick him the fuck out of the platform. That would send a consistent message since that's what any youtuber that is not rocking 1,000,000+ subscribers would get for pulling what Logan did.

-------

Current Rig

-------