Apple finally admits it is not virus proof

sowdeng

Rubbish, my friend and a few I'd come across in various forums some time back, echoed this sentiment, that Apple claim it's virus free, so Apple had to be telling the truth. :rolleyes:  I can't tell you the number of times I got so infuriated with my friend who's always waxing lyrical about Apple.......that's the reason we haven't spoken for a while. I've since avoided any topic regarding Apple when talking to fanboys.

We said virus free because there was no virus.. Not because we thought we were immune.. << Ex-fanboy 

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

i have never liket apple there shit feels like shit i works like shit looks like shit.

am i right?

i have never liket apple there shit feels like shit i works like shit looks like shit.

am i right?

Not even slightly.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Not even slightly.

man your picture is really disturbing......... pleas dont ever awnser agen...

man your picture is really disturbing......... pleas dont ever awnser agen...

It's me when I read dumb anti-Apple comments ;)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Lawl.. Gonna have to put this picture everywhere!

What's so special about it?

How is this news? Awhile back there was a contest on hacking operating systems and OS X was the first to be hacked.

The virus thing happened at least last year maybe even prior. I forget what it was but a good chunk of users were infected. It wasnt even anything special because users had to agree to install it if I remember correctly.

What's so special about it?

So people (apple user) know they're just a sneaky motheruffer.

So people (apple user) know they're just a sneaky motheruffer.

Companies aren't allowed to alter their software to improve security as a result of their success?

Big deal,  90% of any companies marketing is BS so what's new? 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This is different compared to any other company? Apple is just better at selling their BS.

Nah, Asus do it with sound cards just as well. Razor do it with headsets, a lot of extremely high end snake oil companies do it with audio cables, etc etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Nah, Asus do it with sound cards just as well. Razor do it with headsets, a lot of extremely high end snake oil companies do it with audio cables, etc etc.

Sorry, i had originally misread your post, and thought you were directing your comments specifically to Apple. I tried to retract, but you were to quick in your reply. Your point is correct.

about time those Mac idiots realized it

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

Why do people write viruses, does it give them any profit other then being a parasatic son of a society most of the time?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Sounds perfect to me:

They are not arguing that it Apple says "Macs are virus proof" note did they ever do so in any technical sense. BUT, go to YouTube and watch he Apple vs. PC add about viruses and you will see what the majority of customers hears about Apple. The OP did post a biased article, but the point still stands that Apple was misleading customers, not that it is there fault if consumers did not fact check, but it is just another example of shady Apple practices. Nothing illegal, but like their whole tax thing, looked down at.

They are not arguing that it Apple says "Macs are virus proof" note did they ever do so in any technical sense. BUT, go to YouTube and watch he Apple vs. PC add about viruses and you will see what the majority of customers hears about Apple. The OP did post a biased article, but the point still stands that Apple was misleading customers, not that it is there fault if consumers did not fact check, but it is just another example of shady Apple practices. Nothing illegal, but like their whole tax thing, looked down at.

The Apple ads from a few years ago are accurate though, and keep in mind that that the ads were made back when the volume of Mac compatible viruses was essentially zero.

'There were 114,000 know viruses for PC (Windows)' .... 'PC's (Windows), not Mac's' - As in, the volume of Mac viruses is so small it's just not comparable. Apple didn't mislead anyone, they've never ever ever said that Mac's can't get viruses or that there are no viruses on Macs. They just flat out haven't. They provide a malware protection package for Mac's and they always have, it's not like there's a grey area here to argue about. There's nothing shady about it, just PC fanboy drivel being pulled out of thin air to try and justify their ignorant hatred :) And the tax thing? M$ has never avoided tax's? Like NEVER? Why are they any better or worse, technology companies like Apple are able to avoid taxes simply because the tax system isn't designed around new technologies and modern businesses practices, and this has been proven in court. Hundreds of companies in the US do it, Apple only got attention because it's a company in the social consumerist limelight.

We said virus free because there was no virus.. Not because we thought we were immune.. << Ex-fanboy

The far more common statement I've heard is: "Macs can't get viruses." Not that they're "virus-free."

Needless to say, both statements are incorrect. Viruses and malware did exist for Macs, just not widespread enough for it to be a serious threat.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Apple OS is a Virus! They track you worse than the NSA. There was a story not to long ago when the NSA stuff broke out that Apple basically was doing the same thing only since it was Apple none of the FanBoi's said anything only that it was to "improve" the OS or to "improve" your experience, at the price of your privacy to monetize of your data for themselves.

PS: That includes iOS to whomever was asking. Then their recent update of iOS where now you can't do a ton of things you used to be able to do, no more coping directly off your iPhone to a computer unless you go through "their" apps, yea they're not controlling you <insert a ton of LOL's>.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

OP seems like a butthurt fanboy.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

The Apple ads from a few years ago are accurate though, and keep in mind that that the ads were made back when the volume of Mac compatible viruses was essentially zero.

'There were 114,000 know viruses for PC (Windows)' .... 'PC's (Windows), not Mac's' - As in, the volume of Mac viruses is so small it's just not comparable. Apple didn't mislead anyone, they've never ever ever said that Mac's can't get viruses or that there are no viruses on Macs. They just flat out haven't. They provide a malware protection package for Mac's and they always have, it's not like there's a grey area here to argue about. There's nothing shady about it, just PC fanboy drivel being pulled out of thin air to try and justify their ignorant hatred :) And the tax thing? M$ has never avoided tax's? Like NEVER? Why are they any better or worse, technology companies like Apple are able to avoid taxes simply because the tax system isn't designed around new technologies and modern businesses practices, and this has been proven in court. Hundreds of companies in the US do it, Apple only got attention because it's a company in the social consumerist limelight.

As much as I think the article is pointless, that ad itself has caused me nightmares.  Yes they are only saying there are less viruses on macs...but the way they imply it causes regular non-technical people to believe that Mac software was written better than Windows and that was the reason.   I know this because I had been recommending PC's to family and friends back then, and I had to explain each time the concept that Apple software wasn't more secure, but they were a smaller target....to which I would get the standard reply that I am lying.

To me, I believe Apple full well knew that those commercials would cause a misunderstanding...and that is almost as bad as just saying it.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Why do people write viruses, does it give them any profit other then being a parasatic son of a society most of the time?

Money is what makes the world go around is the easiest way to sum up your question.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "