Cars that you absolutely hate

3 Lions
On 12/9/2017 at 11:35 AM, Drak3 said:

Anything running a Shitrolet engine made post mid 80's, and any 90's or later Shitrolet 1/2 ton+ truck.

Then are fighting words buddy... I'm a Ford guy all the way but Chevy still kicks ass. Nothing beats American Muscle.

Even drifting.. crown vics do it better.

1 minute ago, corsairian said:

Then are fighting words buddy... I'm a Ford guy all the way but Chevy still kicks ass. Nothing beats American Muscle.

I'm a It doesn't break down every other weekend guy.

And when it comes to Shitrolet, I'd rather take an engineless Vespa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 12/13/2017 at 11:08 AM, bimmerman said:

I used to wonder why people bought them, but there are a few good use cases. A friend of mine owns one, and it's a hilarious riot to drive-- imagine four wheel drifting with glorious V8 noises in fresh powder. He bought it because he wanted something as close to his old C63 AMG as he could find, that could also tow his racecar. He had a diesel Cherokee and a 4runner before the SRT and was just bored with them.

If you only have space for one vehicle, and want to use it to go biking, tow racecars with, go skiing in, and commute to work....and you want something that makes V8 noises and accelerates nowNowNOW, it's hard to think of a better all-rounder. It's not fast, but it is quick. I'd totally rock one since it avoids the turbo reliability headaches of the Cayenne and X5Ms of the world, and sounds amazing with exhaust mods. Fuel economy sucks, but gas is cheap and smiles per mile is what it's all about anyway.

Regarding the crossover hate-- they are a godsend when you're trying to fit a kid into a center-mounted carseat and you have a bad back. That extra few inches of ride height is a (literal) backsaver. Not everyone needs or wants a Suburban or a Van, and station wagons are annoyingly rare (and, when they exist, are usually slooooooooooow). I miss my old Subaru Legacy but...goddamn that car couldn't get out of its own way if it tried.

Personally, I dislike the new M3/M4 (as an older M3 owner) principally because of the god awful sound it makes. Same goes for any of the non-Turbo/GTx Porsches. They just sound awful now, and it's a damn shame. Also the stance and showcar scenes. Why put awesome racecar parts on a car whose only purpose in life is to trend on instagram? Does not compute.

Oh, and the M2. I learned how to heel-toe and am good at it. Whose stupid idea was it to require you to disable all stability control systems to rev match by yourself? Not just talking out of my ass on that one, I bought the SS instead of the M2 because of that feature. If I'm buying a manual car, I'm buying a manual car, so I did. The M2 is pretty though.

but i actually like stance........ practical stance anyway with air suspension.

and bmw has kinda gone down the drain lately. the new m5 doesn't even have a manual anymore, the first m5 EVER. if i buy an m5, it needs 3 pedals. but i'm not gonna buy a new one, i still love the nice e39 m5.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:18 AM, iDeFecZx said:

Cars with tiny diesel engines - wtf are you gonna do with a 1.3 diesel??!?

Get amazing gas mileage. That's all.

I used to be quite active here.

6 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Actually, diesels get terrible gas mileage.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Actually, diesels get terrible gas mileage.

reported

Also i have a dislike for Porsche's for looking all the same. For the price of a Porsche i'd get a really nice Jag which is just as powerful and more luxurious plus you can get away with 'anything'

On 12/14/2017 at 1:59 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Anything from GM, American Ford, and the Fiat Chrysler group. 

What's wrong with a Fiat 500 Abarth?

31 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

They're not even that great with that

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

11 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

They're not even that great with that

Not US counterparts that are being choked by EPA requirements.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

idk why but I hate modern beatles by Volkswagen for some reason.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

9 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

idk why but I hate modern beatles by Volkswagen for some reason.

They are soooooooooo freaking tiny and terrible

Just now, Kobathor said:

They are soooooooooo freaking tiny and terrible

they are I am going off looks because I cannot get my learns for about 7 more months 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Not US counterparts that are being choked by EPA requirements.

im in the UK and my mate has a 1.3 astra diesel. Gets the same mpg as a 1.2 petrol

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

im in the UK and my mate has a 1.3 astra diesel. Gets the same mpg as a 1.2 petrol

Might just be a bad design for your engine, MPG unfriendly aettings, driving style, or your diesel might be a bit powerful for what it's doing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

but i actually like stance........ practical stance anyway with air suspension.

and bmw has kinda gone down the drain lately. the new m5 doesn't even have a manual anymore, the first m5 EVER. if i buy an m5, it needs 3 pedals. but i'm not gonna buy a new one, i still love the nice e39 m5.

That's fair. I'm a racer so modifying cars for stance vs on-track performance just seems weird to me. Different strokes and all.

I wanted an E39 M5 but having rebuilt my S54's vanos once already I wanted nothing to do with an engine that has TWO of those suckers, plus crazy bad EGR pipe carbon buildup, not to mention other old-BMW-isms. So I bought the next best thing, the three-pedal Chevy SS (aka Holden Commodore SS-V). A 6spd V10 M5 was a thought until I looked into the rod and main bearing issues on those.....still will likely own one someday because of glorious noises, but not for a DD.

30 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Might just be a bad design for your engine, MPG unfriendly aettings, driving style, or your diesel might be a bit powerful for what it's doing.

Its got about 68hp compared to 75 from the petrol mentioned, think he said he gets about 55mpg. Still better than the 30 i get out of my 1.6 lmao

On 12/10/2017 at 12:20 PM, vetali said:

Its a pretty big deal to me. When they are in the console they tend to collect crap, get stuff spilled on them and become sticky and gross.

Plus there was a time where I had to replace the switches in a Suzuki SL7 that had console mounted switches. The procedure was to take out the entire center console to flip it upside down and access the screws. Well, that would of been fine if this car hadn't smelled so repulsive that I wore my dust respirator to help me breath which was likely placebo, but it did make it possible to work without almost vomiting every breath. Then I went to pull the screws that secured the console, and within the storage area it was filled with adult diapers. So I said fuck the book procedure and I just peeled back the side plastic on the console, unscrewed the switches, and replaced them. Then I went home and took a shower. Thankfully those customers never came back after that job because they tried to get us to commit warranty fraud by saying we replaced a "window transmission" rather than a window switch because their warranty didn't cover electrical failures.

Reminds me of a dog lady at work. She always has her dogs with her so her car reeked of dirty dog enough to make you puke.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I hate the look for fords after 1980 and the switch that most car makers made in 2015 or 2016 they just went down hill.

As many do the PT cruiser also sucks.

For the one would didn't like VW my parents both really enjoyed the early 2000 wagons with 2.0s and 5 speed manuals. (My dad is a car guy)

Why the hate on civics? they are cheap can go fast and don't look like shit.

My current car is a 2000 civic EX and its fun.

My family currently drives 2014 Chevy Traverse, 2005 Camry hybrid, 1966 chevy Malibu keep almost stock(new 350, rebuilt transmission, most of the interior redone ) and I will add this in even tho its not a car a 1976 Tahiti Jetboat with a 454 from a truck

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎15 at 9:16 AM, Tcrumpen said:

What's wrong with a Fiat 500 Abarth?

It's a Fiat so build quality will be worse than an Alfa Romeo.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

19 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Why the hate on civics? they are cheap can go fast and don't look like shit.

Ricers.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

-Any suv or people-mover driven by someone in a household of less than 5, especially an Escalade (think: soccer mom), which is an obnoxiously common car in my area despite its price. It’s impractical.

-Any car with headlights that give me migraines to look at.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

all cars with small or non existant ash trays... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

4 hours ago, Crossbred said:

-Any car with headlights that give me migraines to look at.

Yeah, I find many headlights today are extremely bright and blinding, even on low beams.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Anything Chrysler.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W