Cars that you absolutely hate

3 Lions
11 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Ah, a V6 model. Chargers don’t deserve that kind of pain. 

My main gripe isn't toward the engine, but the sluggish 4 speed automatic that seems geared for a bigger V8. With better gear ratios, the V6 probably wouldn't be terrible.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

My main gripe isn't toward the engine, but the sluggish 4 speed automatic that seems geared for a bigger V8. With better gear ratios, the V6 probably wouldn't be terrible.

Well, add that to the List of Things the Charger Doesn't Deserve.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Honda Element, Nissan Cube, Kia Soul, and any other "box on wheels" because why would you ever design such ugly vehicles? That being said, they are more functional than say a SmartCar for transporting goods, so I guess they're... acceptable.

Oh, and anything made in or by North American companies who use cheap parts in the last 20-30 years, save for kei cars since these can often use aftermarket parts that aren't made as cheaply. Basically I stick to Toyota, Honda, Mini's made by BMW (because they're not as prone to failure), Subaru, and would love a Lexus (aka luxury Toyota) as they're one of the least expensive cars to fix and have little that go wrong other than regular maintenance. That being said, there is a spot in my heart for older classic cars such as Bel-Air's, Impala's, OLD Charger's/Challenger's, and Australian only Toyota Cresta's and Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon RS Turbos.

27 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Old toyota corollas (2000-2004 or so were the worst from what I remember) too light for highway no leg room

2003-2008 series Corolla's are OK - I own an 03, parents own an 08. They definitely have a lot more room inside and their seats are up higher than mine, but both are fine for transporting friends around and going on 3-5 hour roadtrips. I definitely would want something a little bigger like a Crosstrek next time I roadtrip from Vancouver Island to Edmonton though, as that's a tiring 12.5 hour car ride.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

5 minutes ago, kirashi said:

That being said, there is a spot in my heart for older classic cars such as Bel-Air's, Impala's, OLD Charger's/Challenger's

I see you're a man of culture as well.

57 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

2007 Charger handles closer to a boat than a car

An entire vehicle design for drag racing not handling that well?

Shocking.

/s

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I see you're a man of culture as well.

Yup, I tend to yield loyalty to those I trust and those who are good / loyal to me, so while I might currently hate most North American car companies, I do remember the old days when things were made properly. There was a certain pride that went into the manufacture of the American automobile after the Model T created the production line we know today, but that has faded away in favor of using cheap ignition switches that cause people to die. (Low blow, but my point stands that just because you can save a few cents per vehicle when you know it can cause problems doesn't mean you should. And yet people still buy GM products...)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Just now, kirashi said:

Yup, I tend to yield loyalty to those I trust and those who are good / loyal to me, so while I might currently hate most North American car companies, I do remember the old days when things were made properly. There was a certain pride that went into the manufacture of the American automobile after the Model T created the production line we know today, but that has faded away in favor of using cheap ignition switches that cause people to die. (Low blow, but my point stands that just because you can save a few cents per vehicle when you know it can cause problems doesn't mean you should. And yet people still buy GM products...)

Most of GM's North American-made products are pretty crap.

Their Australian stuff wasn't bad. Mom owns a 2017 SS (we had a 2014 one before this but we sold it a month ago to get this one) that's treated us pretty nice. All around it hasn't really had issues.

14 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

An entire vehicle design for drag racing not handling that well?

Shocking.

/s

Drag race where again? From stop light to stop light?

My eyes see the past…

Just now, Zodiark1593 said:

Drag race where again? From stop light to stop light?

Yes.

Whilst running about a dozen more.

Or on a track.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

From a looks perspective: 

• Any minivan 
  • Fiat Multipla
  • Pontiac Aztek
  • Fiat anything

From a disappointment standard:

• Basically any American muscle car (probably). I only drove the Mustang GT, so it's possible the Charger/Camaro are different (but I don't really expect that to be the case), but it drove like absolute garbage. It felt slow -- on paper it's 0-60 in just over 4 seconds, in reality it felt more like 6-7 seconds, and it feels incredibly heavy and lumbering. 
  • Mercedes C_-class. I drove the C300 and a CLA 250 and both just feel horribly outclassed by their Audi brethren. Luxury-wise, they seem more luxurious, but from a drivers point of view they feel slower, less solid, and less agile. 
  • 718 Cayman. It sounds terrible (Porsche should be ashamed to use a sound box) and it's nowhere near as much fun to drive as the 981 with the traditional boxer 6 engine, which sounds amazing and happily sits at 8000rpm. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

41 minutes ago, kirashi said:

2003-2008 series Corolla's are OK - I own an 03, parents own an 08. They definitely have a lot more room inside and their seats are up higher than mine, but both are fine for transporting friends around and going on 3-5 hour roadtrips. I definitely would want something a little bigger like a Crosstrek next time I roadtrip from Vancouver Island to Edmonton though, as that's a tiring 12.5 hour car ride.

Might be a bit earlier, I only remember it being in the early 2000 models and that it didn't have enough leg room for a middle schooler, oh and that it felt like you were going to die on the highway

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

ford pinto

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

27 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

From a disappointment standard:

• Basically any American muscle car (probably). I only drove the Mustang GT,

You see, driving a Mustang GT will lead to disappointment. Causation.

12 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You see, driving a Mustang GT will lead to disappointment. Causation.

I was under the impression that driving a Mustang will lead into a pole, a tree, or off the side of a mountain...

My eyes see the past…

3 hours ago, PanteaDropper said:

Subaru's

Even the WRX Sti?

I used to have a sweet 2004 WRX STi.  That was the most fun car I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

I work on cars for a living so the list is long. Easier to list the ones I like: Honda, newer Mazda, GM aside from that trash 3.6 they put in everything now including the Colorado, newer Ford (~2000 and newer), and some VWs.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

9 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I was under the impression that driving a Mustang will lead into a pole, a tree, or off the side of a mountain...

Only if you get a worthwhile engine and not the Pony Car packages Ford's been pushing. Think Dodge offers a pony car alternative of the Charger, running a turbo'd i4, too now.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

My first car was a 2001 Kia Rio. I drove it for 6 years in high school and college. I put 64,000 miles on it. I absolutely hated it while I had to drive it. No air conditioning, no power windows, no power locks, driver side door lock would get stuck and I would have to climb over the seat. Previous owner was a heavy smoker so the seats were ripped from the burn holes. It was 'Sun Burst Gold'.

I'm glad I don't drive it anyone but I don't know if I could hate it looking back at it. It always got me where I had to go. Never broke down. Made it 2 miles up a mountain in the middle of a Vermont winter everytime. Cheap as hell to drive, when I changed the clutch it only cost $450 labor included, all the other work I did to it with my Dad.

Picture for reference:

4368980001_large.jpg

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

4 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I'm not really a fan of heavy, claustrophobic cars such as the Charger, the Camaro and the like, where are virtually boats that borderline require periscopes to see out of.

I like big cars, but really the only ones i REALLY like are the LS400 and the E39 M5. Nothing else really shimmies my jimmies.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

No no, that's the 911; if you're a cocky unskilled idiot driving a 911, you're going to die.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Nah, that sounds like a Porsche.  Driving a Mustang will lead to running into a curb, followed by the onlookers.  Apparently a time honored cars and coffee tradition.  

3 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

No no, that's any car; if you're a cocky unskilled idiot driving a car of any kind, you're going to die.

Fixed for probable truth. Even if the car only had 20 horsepower, I'm fairly certain some dum dum can fling himself off the side of a mountain with it.

My eyes see the past…

26 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Fixed for probable truth. Even if the car only had 20 horsepower, I'm fairly certain some dum dum can fling himself off the side of a mountain with it.

Yes, but the 911 has the unfortunate (or fortunate) characteristic of a rear engine, a lot of power, and seemingly perfect control, and if you take a turn too quickly and you even look at the brake pedal, you die.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler