Favourite graphics cards maker/brand

I was curious about what brands of graphics cards people like the most as I know that I have one brand due to only ever buying one graphics card for my first and only desktop build. What brands do people like and why, this might help out a lot of people who know if they want to buy AMD or NVIDIA and have the model but then need guidance to what brand. 

Whatever is cheap. I have effectively no brand loyalty, since for GPUs the difference between any two cards of the same chipset is almost always <3%, and for motherboards what's worth buying changes from model to model and thus you can't say "ASUS is best" or anything like that. 

I have some preference for BIOS layout and such, Gigabyte and ASRock I generally am the quickest at navigating, MSI being the one I have the easiest time just jumping in and figuring out if I hadn't used it in a while, and ASUS BIOS tends to annoy me (overly animated and slow, settings called weird names, settings in weird places compared to the other three). That said, this also depends on the era, since DDR3 era ASUS BIOS is genuinely good, DDR3 ASRock BIOS can be borderline unusable with how clunky it is, and Gigabyte's BIOS layout changing more or less every other generation. Granted, those are all personal preference, and someone else on here would almost certainly disagree with my rankings. Because of that though, if it's an ASUS board and a Gigabyte board that both would give similar features and cost the same price, I'd pick the Gigabyte board, but if the ASUS board is even ~$5 cheaper I'd save my money and just deal with the worse BIOS experience. 

I can go through the parts I own if you want me to explain my biases, though the general rundown is the GPUs I've owned have been roughly half EVGA (though this is more luck/availability than me considering them particularly good, with the exception of my 980 Ti KP) and my motherboard collection being roughly half ASUS (though its mostly DDR3 boards as again, the DDR4/5 boards tend to annoy me). 

I really don't care who makes the stuff that I use, I just care that it runs well. My last two GPUs have been from Sapphire for the simple reason that they scored well in reviews when it came to temps and noise levels and weren't too pricey. In terms of performance all of the brands were basically the same to the point of irrelevance. For motherboard I went with something that scored favorably on the forum's tier list without breaking the bank. That's all there is to it.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

The cheap one that has decent reviews.

NEVER be brand loyal EVER. If the product they make is good and priced right great get that. If someone else does equally good or better look at them and get that.

2 hours ago, lizziemc12 said:

I was curious about what brands of graphics cards people like the most as I know that I have one brand due to only ever buying one graphics card for my first and only desktop build. What brands do people like and why, this might help out a lot of people who know if they want to buy AMD or NVIDIA and have the model but then need guidance to what brand. 

I just bought a founders edition and couldn't be happier. Looks great, runs great, and was the cheapest you could get

Apprentice Software Developer

Specifically for GPUs, I don't have a major preference. It really depends on the model itself more than who makes it. I've long learnt the lesson you want a good cooler.

Asus 1080 Ti Rog Strix: great 3 fan cooler

EVGA 2080 Ti Black(?): 2 fan design that was always on the edge of thermal throttling

MSI 3070 Gaming X Trio: great 3 fan cooler

Nvidia 4070 FE: great 2 fan cooler

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Can never go wrong with these long lived and reputable brands of graphics cards:

• Boeing for their 737 Max series
  • Brother for their printer series
  • Intel for their recent i9 series
  • Ubisoft for The Crew and advocacy of ownership
  • Sony's Helldivers 2 and strong data security