ASUS "Transform Your Gift " Live Chat & TF100 Giveaway!

LinusTech

So what is this?

Everyone's gotten a rotten present at some point or another. It's not that we're ungrateful or anything, it's just that... if my wife wanted a Crock Pot so badly... She should have just asked me to get her one rather than buy one for me then keep it for herself!!

As part of ASUS' "Transform Your Gift" promotion, they are sponsoring a special 1 hour live stream that will take place at 11:00am Pacific Time on December 12th, 2013 (convert to your own time zone with this handy tool)

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the TF100 Ultraportable Laptop giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The topic of the stream is going to be Holiday Gift Ideas for Geeks with a particular emphasis on ASUS products that you guys would love to have as gifts this holiday season.

I want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your suggestions for Geek gift ideas in this forum thread. I will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Something to remember is that while all ideas are fair game, this stream is sponsored by ASUS, so suggestions that relate back to ASUS products are more likely to be chosen, but as long as the idea you have is not a product that competes directly with an ASUS offering, there's a great chance it will be featured!

So how do I submit my holiday gift suggestions?

Post in this thread, so I can check out your suggestions ahead of time!

Submit your suggestions on Twitter by using hashtag #TransformYourGiftLinus.

We will also take some suggestions on Twitch chat and on Twitter during the live stream.

How do I win the TF100 Ultraportable Laptop?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

1. Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

3. Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

If you miss out during the stream, you can also check out ASUS' Facebook promotion that goes along with this for MORE CHANCES TO WIN!

https://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america/app_1410961655805485

Please note the giveaway is (unfortunately) USA and Canada only.

I.can has?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I will be there and hopefully will win .... like Charlie Sheen!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I'll stay at work late to watch pwah ah ah. Hope I don't win. *winkwinkhinthint*

God dammit. Dont u just love living in Aus?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

one product that interests me is the

ROG ARES II: dual HD 7970 GPUs and hybrid air/ liquid cooling this seems like it could kick some butt.

Thinkgeek I believe had a shirt with a built in keyboard, that'd make a pretty cool gift

new video card. Something like an ASUS R9 290 would be great. Or an ASUS GeForce GTX 780 with their awesome DirectCU II cooler.

I've been waiting for the Asus Zenbook Infinity (UX301) since CES. I was really hoping it would be out for the holidays.

Too bad I can't make it to the livestream since I have an exam at noon. =(

Nothing says geek more than something you can display for all to see. Why not a shirt.

Pi anyone??

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/6e7e/

Oh, and I may be a few minutes late. Daughter is more important than the start of the show. Sorry Linus. I will be there though. "Fashionably" late, as it were.

fuck you linus, that is 5am in Brisbane.

That is 3AM in Singapore.Even worse.

I've got three: R9 290X DCUII, Nexus 7 (it's technically an Asus product), and the ThunderboltEX II (I really hope it's compatible with the C5FZ... it has a TB header...)

ConsTR(4)uct:

• CPU
    Threadripper 1900X @ 4.0GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus PRIME X399-A
  • RAM
    32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite @ 3466MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming-X 11G
  • Case
    SilverStone Fortress FT02
  • Storage
    1TB Samsung 960 EVO + 500GB WD Blue SSD + 2x 4TB WD Red (RAID1) + 3TB HGST Deskstar NAS
  • PSU
    Corsair AX760i
  • Display(s)
    2x Acer Predator XB271HK
  • Cooling
    BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro TR4
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G710+
  • Mouse
    Logitech G502
  • Sound
    Propellerhead Balance + Bose Companion II + AKG K7XX
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

I know for me at lease I have the R9 280x on my wishlist to pair with my ASUS 7970

If I'm not in north america, can I pay for the taxes and shipping and have a chance to win? or it's just north america?

an R9 290X is a lovely thing to give away! Just don't place it under the Christmas tree for obvious fire hazard reasons. :P