ASUS "Transform Your Gift " Live Chat & TF100 Giveaway!

LinusTech

A top of the line asus graphics card, maybe 290 or 290x, or a super beast laptop since I don't think they make desktops

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

Please note the giveaway is (unfortunately) USA and Canada only.

:( why?

So what is this?

Everyone's gotten a rotten present at some point or another. It's not that we're ungrateful or anything, it's just that... if my wife wanted a Crock Pot so badly... She should have just asked me to get her one rather than buy one for me then keep it for herself!!

As part of ASUS' "Transform Your Gift" promotion, they are sponsoring a special 1 hour live stream that will take place at 11:00am Pacific Time on December 12th, 2013 (convert to your own time zone with this handy tool)

It will be streamed at http://twitch.tv/linustech, and the TF100 Ultraportable Laptop giveaway we're running is for LIVE VIEWERS ONLY.

The topic of the stream is going to be Holiday Gift Ideas for Geeks with a particular emphasis on ASUS products that you guys would love to have as gifts this holiday season.

I want this to be a lot of fun and super interactive, so please post your suggestions for Geek gift ideas in this forum thread. I will definitely be taking more suggestions during the show as well, but it's great to have a starting point.. Something to remember is that while all ideas are fair game, this stream is sponsored by ASUS, so suggestions that relate back to ASUS products are more likely to be chosen, but as long as the idea you have is not a product that competes directly with an ASUS offering, there's a great chance it will be featured!

So how do I submit my holiday gift suggestions?

Post in this thread, so I can check out your suggestions ahead of time!

Submit your suggestions on Twitter by using hashtag #TransformYourGiftLinus.

We will also take some suggestions on Twitch chat and on Twitter during the live stream.

How do I win the TF100 Ultraportable Laptop?

The winner will be chosen randomly from the live viewers of the stream during a random period, so make sure you're paying attention!

1. Make sure you're registered for Linus Tech Tips forum and signed in while you're watching the live stream

2. Make sure you're watching from somewhere that you'll have access to a browser

3. Tune into the stream right at the beginning and make sure you're paying attention!

If you miss out during the stream, you can also check out ASUS' Facebook promotion that goes along with this for MORE CHANCES TO WIN!

https://www.facebook.com/asus.n.america/app_1410961655805485

Please note the giveaway is (unfortunately) USA and Canada only.

A great giveaway, hope I can make it to the stream! 

Im my ind a great gift for the teckie in everyone would be a ticket to a show like CES, or something like that. IT's hard to buy for tech nerds because there is so much to a geeks life, and alot of things are personal preference. I don't really know honestly. Kickstarter things are ALWAYS neat to get, and it would be  good surprise also! 

I'd like to suggest the rt-n56u wireless router, i think that for the money it deliver great performance, i have one since 6 month and it never let me down once, the interface from asus is also easy to understand even for the beginners. so it is my choice or the n65u (just for the usb 3.0 ports).

In my opinion, the best gift is money since the person you're gifting is more likely to know what they want than you, or they could wait for a good sale or something. If not, I would say a new or second graphics card is a good gift.

If i had to choose a asus gift this yea it would be :

ASUS Republic of Gamers Shuttle Backpack with this in it ASUS G750JX-DB71

A Asus Direct Cu2 600-700 series Nvidia Geforce card, that support Shield Streaming and

get the Gpu and Shield Bundle, definitly something I want! Also, ShadowPlay is an awesome bonus!

I wold love to get a ASUS XONAR ESSENCE. I choose something like this because 1 or 2 of my friends could  afford it, Allot of you guys are posting things that cost 300-1000+ and not many people can afford gifs like that :) happy holidays you guys, Linus,sik and the whole team and Asus :)

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Well there are a few interesting products that i'd like to mention:

• The asus PadFone mini, the idea is pretty cool,a 4.3" great quality phone, that slides into a tablet of 7". Very portable and usefull,it solves two main problem that i have: The battery life of the phone since the phone could be charged with the tablet, and the very big sreen of newer phone that arive at 5", 6"
  • The Transformer AIO, one of the best idea that i've seen since the android boom and windows tablet, windows 8 rt and android in the same device.....
  • The ROG Maximus vi impact, it speaks for itself........

Oh yes my dear they do,quite awesome i must say ... :P http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_TYTAN_G50AB/#overview

well then one of those would make a great gift

Main rig: Coursair Air 540, Amd 8120(stock clock, had it up to 4.6), Gigabyte 990 fx ud3,  MSI DCU2 r9 280x, seasonic 1000w platinum, Samsung 830 64 GB ssd, Seagate 1tb, 4 GB (2x2) G.Skill, 

Secondary: Define r4, Amd A10 5800k(4.6), 1x Sapphire 7950, MSI FM2-A85xa, 8 GB coursair vengeance ram, Seasonic 1250w Gold, 500GB 840 Evo, 223GB 2.5 Hdd, 80 Gb Seasonic, Samsung CD/dvd

A mechanical keyboard.  Perfect gift for the holidays.  It is something that most people would never fathom purchasing vs a membrane keyboard, but after using it, will never go back.  One of those "thought you never needed but afterwards can't live without".

Gift Idea

1 Item: Asus Graphics card for that person to upgrade e.g 780 ti DCU2, R9 290X

More: same as above including 2 monitors e.g Asus MX239H, decent gaming (sorry no DP) but the IPS!!

No limit: Complete new build if you have the money $$

Linus' random poll question: Most ever spent on earphones $129 on Steelseries Flux in-ear pro + comply isolation plus and maybe a bit more if there are more features or even more quality on next version. That's coming from cheapo $9 Panasonics and Samsung OEM that came with my phone

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

US and Canada only... Boooo! Boooo! Its not like we don't buy ASUS stuff in the uk or anything. My suggestion was going to be a hand made back scratcher made with a old toilet brush (must be used) and my old ASUS LGA 775 socket glued to it. Environmentally friendly and a great use of a old platform.  

No love for the uk :(

Hmm, 

I would think

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8

Along with some 3TB WD Red drives and WHS 2011 and Stable Bit Drive Pool so as to not have to deal with software RAID

This would be a nice starter home server, WHS 2011 is mad cheap and easy enough to setup and manage.

A more advanced Home server would be a Lian Li Q35 case, mITX mobo, 4-8 GB of ram and an AMD or core i3 CPU (cheap, its a file server really), and Windows 8 or WHS 2011.

You can add to that a smart switch and a 4 port Gigbit NIC to get a ton of bandwidth to multiple destinations.

Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB and a Nividia 780 TI would be good for the avid gamer, as well as a Corsair K70 keyboard (even though it seems to have poor LED life or at least the batch that I have seems to have this issue).

A good gift for a geek? How about the ASUS Taichi Ultrabook? There's no other notebook quite like this on the market. I bought one of these several months ago, so I can vouch for how awesome it is.

For those who are not familiar with this product, you can find out more from here: ASUS Taichi

Nexus 7 or an ultra book by Asus, love the build quality.... anddd just realized this giveaway was only for the US and Canada only... god elitist much...jk its great u guys are giving away freestuff

I actually asked for 2 24" asus monitors for christmas. And I just received one in the mail today. I also ordered a asus R9 Video card as well. 

I'd love to get the Echelon Camo Edition Gaming Headset for the holidays.