ASUS "Transform Your Gift " Live Chat & TF100 Giveaway!

LinusTech

i've started to look at Tablets so how about, "Eee Slate 121b", and or, "MeMO Pad HD 7

• CPU: AMD FX-8350   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3(rev 4.0)   RAM: 8GBs of Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz   GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 660 OC DirectCU   Case: Corsair 750D   Storage: Adata 256GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU: Corsair 750w   Display(s): [ASUS VG248QE 144Hz], [ASUS VE247H]   Cooling: Corsair H100i   Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70   Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013.

The "coolest" (you know it ;D) thing to give to anyone would be to buy a Geforce GTX 780 Ti and then apply a NZXT Kraken G10 and finally adding some Corsair hydro hXXi series for optimal cooling, and also easy installation! :D

Or, an other idea, to attatch a blacklight (or UV) fluorescent lamp, and give to someone who has an old white PC, would definitly be an awesome addon!

Profile picture: Cassie from "Skins UK "

I think this one is easy, definitely the PS4. I know alot of you guys are gonna say "But hey PC > console all day everyday!". I'm a PC gamer to guys but I enjoy the social  aspect of the consoles. Me and my brother can both grab a controller and go head to head in NBA or w/e game it may be. PS4 FTW!!! 

How about a Raspberry Pi, its cheap and is good for your little aspiring computer scientists.

I love the ASUS audio solutions, it seems like until they came along it was all cheap plastic, green PCBs and not much to write home about.

But if I had to pick just one thing, right now, it would definitely be the RT-AC68U router. I've got aspirations of a Shield/Steam Machine ecosystem in my appartment, and for that you need some serious networking grunt (both wired, and wireless).

Digging the diversified Product Stack.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

When my parents asked me what I was looking for for Christmas this year, I had to really think hard, since I have pretty much all I need, and a lot of my wants are covered too. So I said just get me an Asus USB External CD/DVD drive so I can do away with an internal optical drive altogether. So that's all I'm asking Santa-mom for this year;

ASUS USB 2.0 Black External Slim CD/DVD Writer Model SDRW-08D2S-U

Also said if they were feeling extremely generous they could get me the Blu Ray model. But then, that would be greedy.  ;) 

ASUS USB 2.0 6x External Slim Blu Ray Combo with BDXL Support Model SBC-06D2X-U/BLK/G/AS

Also, popped my LinusTechTips forum cherry :):P  :D 

the best gift you can give to someone is socks.period.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Good matx am3+ motherboard

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

So there is no point for me to even try to win then..URGH..

Overall I would love a Asus RAIDR SSD for my rig or a ASUS 780 but I am a university student and am about to go study abroad and get internships, so i need a good Laptop that could also do gaming. The best present would be a ASUS N56JR-EH71, this would help me greatly keep up with my games and work while abroad.

For me, tools are always a safe bet. I'm talking about fun stuff, like a heat gun or a voltage meter. Something that we tinkerers would use, but obscure enough that we may have to otherwise make a quick run to the local hardware store or borrow one from someone else/the shop because its not something we would think to have at our disposal, especially for home DIY. Hell, even screwdriver bit sets with unusual or proprietary bits in them (like those dumb star-shaped ones on newer macs) can mean the difference between an easy job and having to play Macgyver.

i kit for building your own GPU, nomatter how geeky you are, that's gonna be new to you, and nowadays, EVERYONE can build a PC, get some components and slam it on, i miss the soldering, so yeah!

a 'build your own processor' with all the solering, no one's gonna get bored! (or maybe not...)

Hey, even though it not an Asus product, The Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS) is a great gift for the gamer on the go. Nintendo IPs are still some of the best in the industry, and it's something we won't see on the PC (legally).

when I heard about the give away I just had to make an account to try to win. The best tech gift in my opinion is the My Passport Ultra 2TB Portable External Hard Drive. It’s a grate gift for anyone with a laptop at a not to expensive price at only $111 dalliers it’s a great dallier to gigabyte price. Its vary portable and with a 3 year warranty it offers a great deal. It’s the best portable backup drive out there for the price. amazon http://tinyurl.com/kctz5vy

Review a FitBit Bracelet. I got one for my sister for Xmas and would like to know a bit more about it! I know, not an Asus product, but it's a cool techy one at least. 

An ASUS RT-AC68U Wireless AC Router would be a fantastic thing to have for those that don't have one already,

or maybe a Nexus device or a sound card from them would be great as well.

I would suggest some form of watch. whether it be a pebble or samsung gear, the watch brand is going to become more relevant in the coming years when it comes to the use of smartphones.

i would also suggest maybe a tablet of sorts. The brand would vary depending on personal preference, but they always act as nice and quick media tools for when your bored. You can also try for an ultrabook as well.

lastly i would suggest some form of storage. Maybe just a regular usb 3.0 drive from corsair or kingston. maybe streaming storage device. always nice to have storage.

there's my gift guide, i wouldn't ever go crazy on tech parts for the holidays just because they can get expensive. these items here are more accessories than must haves, but can prove useful in more circumstances than expected. 

ps, you can try and push for some headphones and of other peripherals.

Ohh yes, perfect 8 in the evening

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

If I were buying a gift for one of my tech-savvy friends, I'd probably go with some kind of ASUS audio solution(probably a Xonar Essence, as it's reasonably priced imo and I love the quality).

If the gift were for one of my not so tech oriented friends, I'd probably consider a small tablet, as they're multi-purpose, and you don't at all need to be really into tech in order to enjoy the experience.

I'd like to participate (mexico) even If I pay the shipment!

I'm in definite need of an ASUS router. The one my ISP gave me is just plain terrible. 

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

ASUS monitors? Maybe the PB278Q or MX279H ips panel

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

Asus ROG Orion headset.

Hate the fact that no one wants to ship internationally in these giveaways. Americans are lucky bastards.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh