ASUS "Transform Your Gift " Live Chat & TF100 Giveaway!

LinusTech

No nerd on earth has enough internet bandwith. An ASUS RT-AC68U and PCE-AC68 to go with it is a good setup for the Uber Geek. Also an ASUS RAIDR would help those painfully slow boot times, and keep the Geek productive.

I would say "Gunnars"

WHY? well, because It is useful to help protect your eyes. It's a good gift for anyone that spends some time in front of a computer screen. Also it is not something that is too expensive, and you are probably going to use it a lot. It might not be the best thing you could ever want, but it's a gift that shows you people care about you and your well being. That is far more worth to me than the best gaming rig on the planet.

Going to buy some gunnars to my brother for Christmas, as he gets really dry eyes and suffers from eye fatigue over a extended period of time in front of a monitor. So yeah. Not ASUS, but definitely something i think he would be happy with anyway. 

I think his mom is going to be happy too, because his red eyes scares her! 

The Asus Nexus 7 2nd Gen LTE would make an awesome gift for pretty much anyone.

An Asus Geforce, or Radeon card with Direct CU2, from what I found after research it is the best stock option for me and my friends, due to its great performance, and not extremely high markup for that performance. also the ROG Extreme Series Boards are great for us, unfortunately they are just out of our price range. I have also noticed their laptops are decent quality, but are well worth their price. I am currently using the Asus VE247H 24-Inch

monitor and i love it, the only complaint is there are weak integrated speakers, i would prefer none at all, or a price bump and have them work better, if i had the money i definitely would get it for my friends.

Nothing to see here, move along

A new internet connection that is faster than 7Mbps/300Kbps to go with a nice new Asus router would be a great present!

Intel Core i7 3930k @ Stock    Corsair H80i    Zalman z11 Plus    16GB Corsair Memory     nVidia GeForce GTX 680 4GB     nVidia GeForce GTX 650Ti (PhysX, was a spare card)

Samsung 840 Series 120GB   Corsair Force 3 60GB    2 X 1TB WD Black    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit / Mac OSX 10.8.3

Keyboard: Razar Black Widow Ultimate 2013    Mouse: Razar Deathadder 2013    Monitor(s): 2x BenQ GW2250 + LG Flatron E2211 + Generic GVA Aux Display / TV Speakers: Logitech z506 + 300w Sub

RAIDR would be something I would like. Some great video cards would be cool too. If the budget allows it, I would say maybe a 4K monitor? :D like a grand prize or something lol

Coming from a new PC builder point of a view and seeing there's a lot of new PC builders since it's Christmas.

I would say that some sort of pc video game package?

The way I think of it is after you build the PC you want to buy the games and peripherals to match right? Well maybe a bundle

of games and/or peripherals. I just listed the things that first came to mind. It would be a budget builder or even a normal builders

dream to save all money by being gifted things like this below.

1. Battlefield 4
  2. Call of Duty: Ghost
  3. ARMA 3
  4. Crysis 3
  5. Farcry 3
  6. Assassin's Creed Blackflag
  7. FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
  8. Total War: Rome II
  9. The Elder Scrolls Anthology
  10. Natural Selection 2
  11. BioShock: Infinite
  12. Corsair Vengeance K70
  13. Corsair Vengeance M65
  14. Corsair Vengeance 2100
  15. Mouse Mat

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

The ASUS MARS 760, Ugh so awesome. The Nexus 7 and the Asus PQ321Q!!!!

Work Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k | GPU: Quadro K1200 | Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Classified | RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3-2133Mhz | PSU: Seasonic 750W SS-750KM3 80 PLUS Gold | STORAGE: WD 1TB Se Enterprise Grade Drive & Corsair Neutron NX500 400GB NVMe PCIe  | COOLER: Enermax Liqtech 240 -  5x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM | CASE: Corsair 600C | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals: Logitech MX Master 2S -- Logitech K840 -- INTEL X520 10Gb NIC -- 3x Acer H236HL -- Build Log | 

Work Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 | Model: Cisco UCS C220 M4 (SFF) | RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) Cisco (Samsung) DDR4 2133Mhz | STORAGE: 4x Cisco (Seagate) 900GB 10K 2.5" (RAID 10) - 2x 32GB Cisco FlexFlash Boot Drive (RAID 1) | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | 

Laptop | CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ | GPU: Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5 | RAM: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400Mhz | STORAGE: 512GB Hynix NVMe | OS: Windows 10 Pro |

Gaming Desktop | CPU: Intel Core i7 9700K | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G  | Motherboard: ASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING-ITX | RAM: Ballistix Elite 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4-3000 | PSU: Silverstone SX700-LPT 700w 80 PLUS Platinum | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 970 PRO 1TB NVMe | COOLER: Noctua NH-L12 | CASE: Louqe Ghost S1 | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Build Log in Progress | 

Home Server | CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 (Sandy Bridge) | GPU: Quadro P2000 | Motherboard: SUPERMICRO X9SRL-F  | RAM: 64GB (8x8GB) Micron VLP DDR3-1600 ECC | PSU: SUPERMICRO 665W 80 PLUS Bronze | STORAGE: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB (RAID 1) - 4x WD 8TB Ultrastar (RAID 10) - Intel SSD D3-S4510 Series 240GB (BOOT)  | COOLER: Noctua NH-U12DXi4 with 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 3000 PWM | CASE: SUPERMICRO CSE-842TQ-665B 4U | OS: vSphere 6.7 Enterprise Plus U3 | Build Log in Progress |

| Pixel 4XL 128GB - Clearly White - Unlocked - Carrier: Visible |

| F@H STATS |

Handy, small things make awesome gifts. Stuff that they can add to their everyday carry. A nice pen, like a Fisher Space Pen, that fits well in the pocket or a Gerber Shard to add to a keychain. Any little trinket type item that can serve a purpose, while still looking cool. :D

Something a little more pricey, but an even better gift, is a good pocket knife or multi-tool. I carry one on me constantly and it's saved my butt over and over again. Plus, it's sturdy enough to use as a pry-bar to get things open if it can't cut it. 

I think an ASUS Xonar Essence sound card would be an awesome gift. Or maybe a Maximus VI Impact... =D

Only victors are allowed to live... this world is merciless like that.

Well, let's see..

Assuming I don't win the laptop:

1) Vivobook

2) VivoTab

3) ROG G750JW

Some other stuff

Rampage IV Black Edition

R9 290X

A product that seems interesting is the 290x direct cuII cooling card. Iv'e heard the reference cooler designed card runs hot and loud! So I'm very curious of how it will turn out :)

ASUS Republic of Gamers Shuttle Backpack for Laptop - Amazon. Pretty sweet swag even has the ROG logo.

A product I actually plan on ordering very soon: Maximus VI Gene mobo to go along with my fresh 4770K... first Micro-ATX build!

i would LOVE an ASUS G750JX-DB71 17.3-Inch Laptop! Or maybe a new ASUS Gsync monitor???

Linus, that is 5am in Brisbane! :(

Yes Queensland needs to get with the times and change it to AEDT, only 6:00am for us, but i suppose after the fantastic livestream time we'd have to miss out some time or rather.

Thinkgeek I believe had a shirt with a built in keyboard, that'd make a pretty cool gift

This.

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

Well

I'm getting Beyer Dynamic DT 880 pros and a Snowball. Actually all arrived early ^^

The only ASUS thing I can think of I'd like is probably the PA27... monitor.

Since [at least here] the worst thing you can do is buy ASUS Tablets or Laptops [due to their service partner, which is a bunch of lobotomised monkeys pooping all over your stuff and you and therefore make the issue worse] I refuse to buy a Nexus 7. Eventhough I'd like one. I hope LG does the next iterations =P

What I'd like to give away is probably some PC parts for my GF, as both of us are students, neither me nor her have the money to buy her a PC she can game on decently [8350 / i5 280x ish] ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I want an Asus RT-AC68U and an Asus Xonar Essence ST, oh and a TF100. Cya tomorrow!!

Damn looks like im having a late night tonight!

Pretty cool gift would be a Racing Wheel or a Direct CUII 780ti by Asus ;)

~AGHTS~ oath oi.

Hello Linus and thank you for the great news!

My question is:

"What makes an ASUS motherboard special?"

I am planning to build a PC and heard that ASUS makes some of the best boards out there, but I want to know why. :)

Aw man, this is awesome. Thank you for doing this Linus (and Asus), you guys rock! I just finished building my first gaming rig and would love to have a nice monitor to go with it. I was thinking something like the Asus Vs Series of monitors. THey look great for gaming and are not too crazy of a price.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2(or other great mid tower case)

A great gift for a computer techie is a case.  A great case is the longest lasting part of a computer build and can empower a builder to start small and end up with a massive full custom water cooled case in the end.