iPhone X Face ID got fooled by brothers who ARE NOT TWINS

Tee hee hee, this reminds me how I was able to use my mother's laptop when I was about 12 years old as it had a finger print scanner and my ring finger was similar enough to my mother's index so I was able to unlock it without having to know the PW :P

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Tee hee hee, this reminds me how I was able to use my mother's laptop when I was about 12 years old as it had a finger print scanner and my ring finger was similar enough to my mother's index so I was able to unlock it without having to know the PW :P

Where the outrage? REEEEEEE 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I suspect it probably had something to do with how the fingerprint scanner was rather low-resolution but hey, if it can happen once, it can happen again. 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I don't see how this would be an over-massive issue, I personally have an identical twin but I keep my phone away from him even though I use a 6s, its like Apple said that you shouldn't be worried unless you have an evil twin

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Probably because it was included just because they could and not really ever marketed, as opposed to having a huge global keynote about it, and it would have been positioned as an alternative to a password rather than the main method with a password fallback (not that there's a difference form a security standpoint but it changes the image).

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, BuckGup said:

Because apple isn't afraid to pioneer new technology. Next year this time everyone is going to be complaining why phones don't have facial recognition or how apple's works so well now. Even if you don't like them you gotta give them credit

First of all, they haven't "pioneered" anything important for several years.

2nd: they are not afraid because people will buy whatever they make. You gotta give credit to companies like HTC or LG or Samsung that try to do new things in a platform with a lot of players and even with having bad financial results (HTC)

3 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

2nd: they are not afraid because people will buy whatever they make.

BS 

Apple has sold products that have fallen flat on their asses many times. The iPhone 5c comes to mind.

Get that rhetoric bull out of here. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

BS 

Apple has sold products that have fallen flat on their asses many times. The iPhone 5c comes to mind.

Get that rhetoric bull out of here. 

Iphone 5c was nothing similar to the other iphones 

stupid plastic design

not having the "cool new fingerprint sensor" 

looking really cheap and something like a toy

That's why it failed and the second reason for its failure was 5s , premium design , looking good , fingerprint sensor...  

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

stupid plastic design

That's why it failed and the second reason for its failure was 5s , premium design , looking good , fingerprint sensor...

Cherry pick, cherry pick, whatever fits the rhetoric.

2 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

stupid plastic design

The 5c didn't really fail, much less due to those merits. For what it was, and for how carriers treated it, it did fairly well. Sure, it wasn't anywhere as successful as other offerings, but it wasn't a flat out failure.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

My opinion on apple products, everything after the iphone 6s imo  is SHIT and overpriced for what it really is, remove the headphone jack and costs more the iPhone x is a total joke it's $1000 and a s8+ is MUCH better and more affordable plus a new back for the phone if it breaks is $500 MIN that's a total rip off because they're worth 20-50$ MAX jesus fuck stick a apple logo on a phone and it's somehow worth double, people think apple is good because apple says it's the most powerful iphone ever not the most powerful phone and apples marketing is very annoying.

For example vgbNe2tCRqSLCzFTlfvq6w.png.957cc8ccfb3b1d024c8c8f9eb2b28b58.png

It is NOT the future because nothing on this phone is new at all Samsung have full screen display and they have used face scanning before

also: image.png.c40a9ab71684f4c948ef8487aa6f60cc.png because you can do it better doesn't mean you can do it on the ipad

image.png.b349cff2190f4173b0135e2ccd289006.pnga phone case is NOT worth $40 this is what I mean from earlier put a apple logo on it and it doubles in price

image.png.ce2a8bbe292d8354d0d33ac4e57ac475.pngthis also really annoys me because this low durability cable is NOT and never will be worth $20

image.png.e599a648297bbd997e4318f4fd65102c.pngthis shit charging case is NOT worth $100 because it's only 2,365mAh and looks retarded!

It's probably best not to get frustrated about these things, and that's standard marketing stuff, after all. As it goes, though, my iPad Pro has replaced my Windows laptop, and I'm very pleased with it.

4 minutes ago, ImHyperstyle said:

My opinion on apple products, everything after the iphone 6s imo  is SHIT and overpriced for what it really is, remove the headphone jack and costs more the iPhone x is a total joke it's $1000 and a s8+ is MUCH better and more affordable plus a new back for the phone if it breaks is $500 MIN that's a total rip off because they're worth 20-50$ MAX jesus fuck stick a apple logo on a phone and it's somehow worth double, people think apple is good because apple says it's the most powerful iphone ever not the most powerful phone and apples marketing is very annoying.

For example vgbNe2tCRqSLCzFTlfvq6w.png.957cc8ccfb3b1d024c8c8f9eb2b28b58.png

It is NOT the future because nothing on this phone is new at all Samsung have full screen display and they have used face scanning before

also: image.png.c40a9ab71684f4c948ef8487aa6f60cc.png because you can do it better doesn't mean you can do it on the ipad

image.png.b349cff2190f4173b0135e2ccd289006.pnga phone case is NOT worth $40 this is what I mean from earlier put a apple logo on it and it doubles in price

image.png.ce2a8bbe292d8354d0d33ac4e57ac475.pngthis also really annoys me because this low durability cable is NOT and never will be worth $20

image.png.e599a648297bbd997e4318f4fd65102c.pngthis shit charging case is NOT worth $100 because it's only 2,365mAh and looks retarded!

Yeh

The coolest thing on iphone x is its new display and design which were available on samsung phones with infinity edge screen since s8 (and the edge that the iphone even doesn't have was there since note edge and s6)

the next cool thing is Face Id which clearly has some problems

water resistant was also there with better rating before iphone 7

But apple fans still buy it because it's the best that they can get with IOS

BTW I'm not saying that apple products are awful so don't attack @DrMacintosh . what i'm saying is that they haven't been anything revolutionary for a while 

>Device that uses machine learning hasn't had enough time to learn who's who is fooled. 

GG Leddit. 

Just now, Morgan Everett said:

It's probably best not to get frustrated about these things, and that's standard marketing stuff, after all. As it goes, though, my iPad Pro has replaced my Windows laptop, and I'm very pleased with it.

I wouldn't really pay much attention to he/she/it. 12 year olds are like that. Probably just wants to be edgy and cool. Not really he/she/it's opinion either since it's likely just rehashed garbage you've heard before. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I will feel safer with a fingerprint sensor over Face ID.

If someone only has to look at me, or take my phone and point it at me to unlock it, that's way less secure than a fingerprint.

4 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Yeh

The coolest thing on iphone x is its new display and design which were available on samsung phones with infinity edge screen since s8 (and the edge that the iphone even doesn't have was there since note edge and s6)

the next cool thing is Face Id which clearly has some problems

water resistant was also there with better rating before iphone 7

But apple fans still buy it because it's the best that they can get with IOS

BTW I'm not saying that apple products are awful so don't attack @DrMacintosh . what i'm saying is that they haven't been anything revolutionary for a while 

The only issue I have whith who you quoted is that the iPhone X and 8 are factually the most powerful smartphones on the market. The A11 Bionic is not even close to being matched in CPU and graphics performance. 

Are Apple products expensive? Yes. Do you have to buy everything officially from Apple and pay for their cables and their cases? Hell no. 

1 minute ago, Shadestones said:

If someone only has to look at me, or take my phone and point it at me to unlock it,

Just close your eyes or look away. You can’t unlock it if you aren’t alert and looking at the phone. 

Just close your eyes or look away. You can’t unlock it if you aren’t alert and looking at the phone. 

This is a solution to a problem that didn't need to exist.

Just now, Shadestones said:

But it is a solution and that’s all the matters.

Apple is jumping in with both feet. The 8 is most likely the last iPhone to have TouchID. 

1 minute ago, Shadestones said:

Welcome to the modern world.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

But it is a solution and that’s all the matters.

Apple is jumping in with both feet. The 8 is most likely the last iPhone to have TouchID. 

As long as they don't remove the passcode altogether, I'll be happy.

8 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

The only issue I have whith who you quoted is that the iPhone X and 8 are factually the most powerful smartphones on the market. The A11 Bionic is not even close to being matched in CPU and graphics performance. 

Are Apple products expensive? Yes. Do you have to buy everything officially from Apple? Hell no. 

I agree with the A11 being "the most powerful chip they've ever put in a phone yet". That's useful in the long run and your device (hopefully) won't get slow after few years. But the SoC is not the whole thing

There are many important factors as well like having options for your security; not paying 1000 for a device that it's biometric authentication is not as secure as a simple finger print sensor

The brother is not a "random person" so the claim 1:1000000 is still true. :)

Also keep in mine, even if 1:1000000 is realy true, there are about 8000 people on the world able to unlock you phone. (Good) passwords can't be beaten in security. But if we put convinience over everything, thing like this happens....

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

2 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Just a hunch, but do you like Apple?  

His name is DrMacintosh (like the computer) and he has a retro Apple logo in his PP. All of his posts are fanboying and defending Apple if you haven't seen him around before. just a little FYI for if you're gonna talk to him ;) 

I used to be quite active here.

My two year old Samsung s7 edge has a beautiful screen and no bezel. It looks a lot better than an iPhone X which still has a bezel. Reports are saying the iPhone X has screen burn in issues. I personally don’t see that much difference in screen quality. An s7 edge is 1/3 the price.. 

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/03/iphone-x-display-screen-burn-in-normal/

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Just now, Kobathor said:

His name is DrMacintosh (like the computer) and he has a retro Apple logo in his PP. All of his posts are fanboying and defending Apple if you haven't seen him around before. just a little FYI for if you're gonna talk to him ;) 

The joke

My lord and savior, holding our sun

tumblr_osdvieuaSG1qhqxfro5_1280.jpg.d9bd1c94f4608bb584db119ab80239a0.jpg

Your head

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel