iPhone X Face ID got fooled by brothers who ARE NOT TWINS

15 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Swiping up is still different than resting your finger and then moving it (and potentially having to adjust our grip).

FaceID isn't meaningfully slower by that same metric either. 

I agree that it isn't meaningfully slower, it just would be more seamless user experience if you didn't have to swipe up.

With FPRs you can unlock the phone while taking it out of the pocket though, so in any case FPR would be faster, even if that wouldn't matter in usability.

Before I start I'm hugely biased against Apple products so don't take what I say too much to heart.

Apple vs Samsung has been here for ages but it really feels like it has flipped in past years. 

Apple started off as a company that made their products easy to use and understandable for a wide range of users and Samsung just made their phones usable for technical people but that has hugely flipped.

Samsung's phones have now been made with ease of use in mind for people, They have features like 'Easy Mode' that allows people to have their Key apps and Contacts all on 3 home screen pages, Allows the user to use key features with their drop down menu and just makes it simple to know how to work after getting the hand of things.

Apple though have made their products (phone wise) more complicated in a way, you require to swap to your settings app everytime you wanna turn on or Off you wifi & Hotspot (I know this has changed of recent models) 3D touch? it is more of an tech geeks toy to play with and not for ease of use that they intended it to be.

Both companies make great strides but in different ways.

Samsung seems to go down the path of User feedback Throw out the fps and they got feedback on it which is why it resides on the back of the phone. (somewhat more natural feel and only requires a single hand).

Apple goes down the route where they let others test the waters and improve on found flaws. Face ID for example they improve it by Mapping your face and not just get a static shot of your face then asking you to blink if that option is ticked. And I would give them credit the feature is great and all but there will always be flaws in anything. NOTHING is 100% full proof (Phone wise)

What I'm trying to say is apple once sold their products to impress and be out of the park in majority of the fields, But they are just throwing phones out every so many years and using their 'Popularity' as a money maker. 

To finish it I use a S6 and I'm gonna be using it till it becomes obsolete or broken. Biggest thing to take out of this is just the change in how companies work now in general. Both use different selling points.

In another thread here IPhone X's display knocks Samsungs s8 note out of the water. But that's because they push the boundries of what it can do. (Samsung designed the OLED display the used) Apple see's its acceptable limits and pushes them to the absolute wire. Samsung don't they push it to the point that they think the Public will find acceptable which isn't bad either.

Anyway in Short both Brands have flaws and advances where this ' iOs vs Android' War comes into play people just don't wanna accept who they back are no longer great as they use to be. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 hours ago, Nizkus said:

With FPRs you can unlock the phone while taking it out of the pocket though, so in any case FPR would be faster, even if that wouldn't matter in usability.

Depends on the placement of the FPR Scanner. if on the Home Key Not really too much fidgeting happening to be fast after unlock, Back of the phone depends on Hand size. if it fits your hand perfect no problems if you hands too small or too big for the phone then slight adjusting the phone would happen.

Nothing can please all but something can please the majority 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...