Bixby Showcase - It does more than you might think! (Sponsored)

Siri is better. Also, next post you'll have 3,500.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Still doesn't change the fact it adds (or rather, it uses) a non-reprogramable button to the phone. If they allowed you to reprogram it, it might make up for the stupid fingerprint scanner placement. 

How many digits did you guys get paid to upload this pure ad video? 5 or 6? I'm really curious :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

@Ryan_Vickers you're in this one. Ain't you lucky.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

This is such a filthy money grab. I understand perfectly well how much money it can take to sustain a large business, but wow. The only reasonable explanation is that LMG has vastly overextended and can't sustain its enormous payroll and unjustifiable expenses (how many hundreds of thousands in camera gear?) without selling out its integrity to the highest bidder.

I like google assistant the most. I think it’s better than bixby or Siri.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

Never had to complain about a sponsored spot until now, but this video (or should i say ad) was atrocious. It literally feels like something I would see on tv that went through a focus group 5 times. 

Also sad to know that one of the most vocal disapprovers of bixby would roll over and shill for it. 

Honestly, no matter which one of those voice recognition AIs - I'd feel like the biggest dork in history if I spoke with my phone like that in public - and only slightly less of a dork at home. I also never hear other people actually using that cause most of them propably feel the same. I dunno - maybe I just miss something and everyone's having a great party with his phone behind my back when I'm not looking. Who knows?

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

The video has so many dislikes now that I am confident it must be killing the stats for the channel. I mean it is an issue when an impromptu live stream which was probably shot on a phone camera has better likes/dislikes stats than the actual video. I am not saying that LMG should never do sponsored videos but I am really interested in seeing what the response to this sudden misstep is going to be. I feel like the Bixby video could have been done better but I personally don't know how so I am not going to comment on that.
I really hope SYW pulls them through though and this isn't like Pizza heater PC but unfortunately, I think that this might just be worse in the long run.

But hey I am just interested in seeing LMG's response to this video by ramping up production of higher quality videos which is nothing but a good thing for the viewers. 

Youtube channels have badly performing videos all the time and this is hopefully just a tiny blip and everything normalizes soon.

lmao

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

2 hours ago, SupremeChunk said:

Didn't he just recently say he didn't really like Bixby? Like, at all? 

Yup, he did say Bixby was pointless. Now he’s claiming it’s this great new thing?

Also, during the WAN show, you could see the ocasional bixby circlejerk happen in the chat. Could this be worse than the anti rgb pc?

people are mad because he did a complete 180, he has stated that he hates bixby, and majority of the people agree that it's an inferior personal assistant. so if the product is a complete waste of space, and you've made unfavorable remarks towards said product, why even enter into a sponsorship deal?

I had no idea Bixby had custom commands, the feature actually made me re-enable it and give it a try.

Edit: I believe it is worth mentioning is was just a showcase. He's not claiming Bixby is the best thing ever, no. He still stands by his point that virtual assistants are very much limited as of now.

Heya.

I don't use Bixby, or Siri or Google Assistant.

Reason? I don't care for AI assistants. That's why I'm annoyed at the unmappable Bixby button and the unmappable squeeze gesture on the Pixel 2.

Understand that not everyone gives a crap about AI assistants. Let some of us use that button/gesture for something useful.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

I have serious reservations about this video, not because of something silly. I watch reviews because I'm always aware for the value of the reviewer's perspective. You promote sponsored content, all is okay. Now, if you are going to make a review that IS sponsored.... I have issue with it. It conflicts with my expectations of this channel, even though I absolutely believe in your right to make this video.

Similarly I have the right to voice my displeasure in form of a "dislike".

Sheep, fluffy sheep, flock of fluffy sheep.

Just now, riz06 said:

I have serious reservations about this video, not because of something silly. I watch reviews because I'm always aware for the value of the reviewer's perspective. You promote sponsored content, all is okay. Now, if you are going to make a review that IS sponsored.... I have issue with it. It conflicts with my expectations of this channel, even though I absolutely believe in your right to make this video.

Similarly I have the right to voice my displeasure in form of a "dislike".

It's important from my perspective to note that this is not a review. It was never advertised as a review, and doesn't contain the opinion of the host.

It's a list of facts/features in the LTT style - sponsored by Samsung.

We would never take payment or sponsorship for a review :)

I did a whole stream addressing (I think) most of the issues that people had with this video if you or anyone else looking at this thread wants to check it out.

@LinusTech well i got your point, but after this did you still use Google assistant more frequent than Bixby?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

18 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

@LinusTech well i got your point, but after this did you still use Google assistant more frequent than Bixby?

I've been working on my reviews of the Mi Mix 2, Pixel 2, and V30 since doing this video so because of my policy of using every device I review as my daily driver I haven't even had a chance to get reacquainted with Bixby. 

- sent from my LG V30 

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's important from my perspective to note that this is not a review. It was never advertised as a review, and doesn't contain the opinion of the host.

It's a list of facts/features in the LTT style - sponsored by Samsung.

We would never take payment or sponsorship for a review :)

I did a whole stream addressing (I think) most of the issues that people had with this video if you or anyone else looking at this thread wants to check it out.

I was actually watching that video while typing this comment. I think the issue with me personally(and many others) was that we have built up an impression or a definition of what your channels and contents stand for...... or say the identity of LMG, which may not be accurate or appropriate. We probably felt this video or the style of it conflicted with that.

Maybe we subscribers will adjust our impressions or expectations.... or you'll use this experience and adjust the future contents. As a software engineer myself, I hate when the buyers or users miss out on the useful software features.... when we have worked on them for months or even years. Given that I'm so much aware of Samsung's R&D and productions(for software) workflows and how those projects, published papers and massive efforts almost never end up in the actual devices....such reviews are actually valuable.

Maybe don't expect finding same behaviors from subscribers compared to hardware reviews. Software are much more driven by user opinions rather than tangible factors. Maybe that's why they have such strange valuations(you can buy ERP solutions from prices ranging from $100 to millions).

If you expect otherwise, move over to reviewing middlewares or enterprise level software :)

[Note: For me personally, I never assumed LMG wasn't being transparent, direct or truthful at any moment about this video.]

Sorry for the looooooooooong reply.

Sheep, fluffy sheep, flock of fluffy sheep.

2 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I think that he is using an iphone at the moment, he said that IOS 11 did it for him :) 

@LinusTech perhaps put in the title "THIS IS NOT A REVIEW" :P that may make people happy!