SAMSUNG RIPPING OFF CANADIAN CONSUMERS

Message added by colonel_mortis

Please avoid turning this topic into a political argument, otherwise it will be locked

To add to what @Ryan_Vickers said, the focus of this topic is on how Samsung is treating consumers in Canada differently to those in the US. The posts that have been removed are shifting it to a debate about liberal vs conservative views; all posts involved in the liberal-conservative argument have been removed, with no favouritism to either side.

The Community Standards say the following:

No Trolling

• This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

We don't want to lock this topic, because there is a discussion to be had about how companies work in different countries, but if it continues to be politicised we will have no choice. Remain on topic please.

HTTP/2 203

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

To add to what @Ryan_Vickers said, the focus of this topic is on how Samsung is treating consumers in Canada differently to those in the US. The posts that have been removed are shifting it to a debate about liberal vs conservative views; all posts involved in the liberal-conservative argument have been removed, with no favouritism to either side.

The Community Standards say the following:

We don't want to lock this topic, because there is a discussion to be had about how companies work in different countries, but if it continues to be politicised we will have no choice. Remain on topic please.

Thank you for that, I check the thread out of curiosity and what followed was overly defensive/non-related. This is a clear thread of Canadian Note 7 owners not getting the same courtesy as Note 7 in the US. There's nothing more beyond that premise. :ph34r:

I think it's important to try to figure out if there's any other rationale behind this other than "lol, let's make more money out of the Canadians"

For example, when the PS3 launched in Brazil, it sold for the equivalent of $1130 USD. Not 1130 reais (because that would've been a steal), but $1130 USD. People thought it was Sony trying to rip-off Brazillians or something, never minding that the PS3 sold at a regular price elsewhere. Turns out Brazil has these insane importation taxes. So Sony lumped it on the consumer.

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I think it's important to try to figure out if there's any other rationale behind this other than "lol, let's make more money out of the Canadians"

Do me a favor, scroll up real quick.

But off hand, I can only imagine it coming down to feasible supply availability.

Edited by colonel_mortis

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Well its a 128gb sd card not 256...just sayin... either that or 20 miles from the border is considered Canada...

25 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

<snip>

Well said. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

So don't buy one?

I'm happily using my asus ZenFone pegasus 3s max.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

samsung and apple rip off everyone :P . The reason samsung gives US market incentive is because of apple, otherwise they would not be able to sell well in the US.

Next time get your country not to buy samsung, they'd get the message and offer incentives.

8 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

It's not a secret that the US gets the biggest discounts. Don't even get me started on their gas prices. 

That would be number of ports+refinery capacity+we don't tax it 300%.

6 hours ago, Mooshi said:

670310_1.jpg

This picture makes no sense. Like, zero. She's walking in the rain with socks on. Presumably it's freezing rain since she's pouring salt behind her so the sidewalks don't ice over, and she's wearing expensive and probably not waterproof headphones while doing so.