End of mission for Cassini space craft

NumLock21

Cassini space craft transmitted its final data back to Earth today on September 15, 2017, at  4:55:46 a.m. PDT (7:55:46 a.m. EDT, 1146 GMT), before losing contact, as it takes its final dive into Saturn.

Cassini space craft spend 13 years orbiting around Saturn, making new discoveries, like geysers, new moons, and even the hexagon shape storm found on Saturn's North pole.

"I hope you're all ... deeply proud of this amazing accomplishment," Earl Maize, the Cassini program manager, said to the mission team after the spacecraft signal was lost. "Congratulations to you all. This has been an incredible mission, an incredible spacecraft, and you're all an incredible team. I'm going to call this the end of mission."

MTUwNTQ3NTA0Mw==

https://www.space.com/38167-cassini-spacecraft-plunges-into-saturn.html

More pics+articles

https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/resources/?topic=178

https://saturn.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/grand-finale/overview/

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This jewel provided us with tons of amazing data. I'm curious to see what the final data transmitted reveals about Saturn"s upper atmosphere before it burned up. RIP Cassini.  :x

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

1 hour ago, MadModder said:

This jewel provided us with tons of amazing data. I'm curious to see what the final data transmitted reveals about Saturn"s upper atmosphere before it burned up. RIP Cassini.  :x

Last image transmitted from Cassini, before it entered Saturn's atomsphere. NASA has estimated, it takes about 45 seconds for the space craft to break apart.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

We need much faster rockets or teleportation. It's very sad that you launch a rocket to saturn and upon arival it has an old tech on board when you already have made much better tech for other rockets.

RIP cassini. I hope they will show us photoes taken by this amazing space craft.

P.S. We have so much to learn. It's crazy! We do not know anything.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I wish NASA had the budget to do more amazing missions like this one...

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

9 hours ago, mate_mate91 said:

We need much faster rockets or teleportation. It's very sad that you launch a rocket to saturn and upon arival it has an old tech on board when you already have made much better tech for other rockets.

RIP cassini. I hope they will show us photoes taken by this amazing space craft.

P.S. We have so much to learn. It's crazy! We do not know anything.

Just think about how much computer technology has advanced since Cassini launched 20 years ago. We need "warp drives". Engage Mr. Sulu.

Best Excuses:

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

20 minutes ago, MadModder said:

Just think about how much computer technology has advanced since Cassini launched 13 years ago. We need "warp drives". Engage Mr. Sulu.

do note that it spent 13 years orbiting saturn, it was sent MUUCH before then, it took 7 years just to get near saturn.

@Shimejii Thanks for the correction. Edited my post to reflect that fact. That's an even longer amount of time. Actually you could also add at least a portion of the time it was in development since I doubt they upgraded any crucial hardware at the last minute.

Best Excuses:

And so, Cassini passes its torch to the Russians, who will perform the next generation of Saturn research and exploration from their space bases that circle the planet.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

18 hours ago, ErrantNyles said:

I guess this wasn't 365-days only guaranteed to work like Apple products :)

We break or throw away stuff almost everyday like they never existed, but I honestly grief everytime when these kind of "stuff" ends its life.

They probably had a greater development budget for the iPhone and this satellite lasted 13x longer than an Apple device is predicted to in space.

It will be interesting to see how electric propulsion benefits long term exploration like this as the propellant would last longer.

6 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

And so, Cassini passes its torch to the Russians, who will perform the next generation of Saturn research and exploration from their space bases that circle the planet.

That's clearly fake. I will not even bring some arguments to prove that it's fake.

those that do backups

54 minutes ago, mate_mate91 said:

That's clearly fake. I will not even bring some arguments to prove that it's fake.

tenor.gif

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

10 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Did anyone notice that they used a Shuttle (no, not a Buran) for the Titan scenes? lol

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

4 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

I very much disagree.

It didn't really dawn on me how much we already know until I had to learn a slim portion of it. The amount of knowledge to become just an engineer or scientist is pretty intense. There's a lot we don't know, but there's also a lot we do know. The only reason it seems like we don't know a lot is because you personally don't know what we know.

I agree with you that i do not know what we know but i watch many youtube videos about space. I read some books. I love astronomics and space and everything related to them. But everytime i see video about dark energy, black hole and such things they tell that dark energy or antimater is everywhere they make up everything and we do not know what are they.
Space is all around us. It's everywhere and we do not even know what is it. We do not understand what is time and how does it work. We do not even know what we do not know. There can be so much more then we can imagine. That's why i told that we do not know anything. Because what we know can be like 0.000000001% of all the things that exists.

those that do backups

They could have trolled the living shit out of us... hyped up they had some amazing data recieved in last burst, the kind that is mind numbing shocking. Cassini detected objects all with presise ratio of 1:4:9, and the last bit of data says "My god, its full of stars."

On 9/16/2017 at 10:20 AM, ScratchCat said:

It will be interesting to see how electric propulsion benefits long term exploration like this as the propellant would last longer.

Electric propulsion?

Electricity "as a propellant"??

o.O

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Electric propulsion?

o.O

Yeah, like in Treasure Planet.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Electric propulsion?

o.O

Acceleration of ions using an electric field. The exhaust velocity is much higher meaning a higher specific impulse and so a greater possible change in velocity.

"electric " as generally they use electric or magnetic fields to accelerate particles.

If it didn't exhaust something it would be breaking newtons 3rd law ¯\_(ツ)_/¯