Adobe announces capabilities for personalised in-car ads

SansVarnic

Cut out module and screen from dash put in replacement problem solved, although pima if it comes to that drastic action must be taken

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

This is why I prefer minimalist things. Don't need every appliance or utility connected to the internet. My PC, Smartphone, maybe a gadget for the Television, that's about it.

Minority report coming to life. -_-

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Mihle said:

Internet sites is free, a car isnt.

last time i checked, that particular desktop costs around 120$

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

The web is not part of the purchase of your pc.

This is where the car itself has ads coming from the built in system and voice recognition. 

32 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

The web is not part of the purchase of your pc.

This is where the car itself has ads coming from the built in system and voice recognition. 

you don't have to go on the web to receive ads in this case 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Just imagine getting in your car in the morning ready to go to work but having to listen/watch an ad first before the car allows you to input your destination.

Maybe i shouldn't have said that...

Best not to give these companies ideas.  Though, if they use wireless, one can always make a jammer to block the specific frequency wave of the transmitter and receiver.  Or, find the cable to said wireless device and unhook the darn thing.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Fucking joke. How about optimize software to leverage moden hardware. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

My 2013 car doesn't even have touchscreen infotainment = problem solved.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

30 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Best not to give these companies ideas.  Though, if they use wireless, one can always make a jammer to block the specific frequency wave of the transmitter and receiver.  Or, find the cable to said wireless device and unhook the darn thing.

Then it will lock down the car until you take it to a certified service that re-enables/reconnects that thing then deletes the error from the system for a hefty sum... :dry:

(Its entirely possible, for instance you cant even change the battery in the new cars for the same reason.)

56 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

you don't have to go on the web to receive ads in this case 

The point is you are paying thousands of dollars for something and are forced ads on a service not meant to be free, as in this is not from the radio, this is from the built in system.

The internet is just a free service and ads are the consequence. Which is fine because the PC cost is not added in just like ads are on the radio. 

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

The point is you are paying thousands of dollars for something and are forced ads on a service not meant to be free, as in this is not from the radio, this is from the built in system.

The internet is just a free service and ads are the consequence. Which is fine because the PC cost is not added in just like ads are on the radio. 

and again you don't have to be on the internet to receive them on this desktop, no chrome opened, no ff opened, no web browser opened, from your main desktop screen you can still get ads even after paying a ludicrous 120$

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

and again you don't have to be on the internet to receive them on this desktop, no chrome opened, no ff opened, no web browser opened, from your main desktop screen you can still get ads even after paying a ludicrous 120$

Oh you are talking windows ads. Well yeah cant argue against that. Also since when is $120 ludicrous? Especially when people use its for hours a day. I think its a joke when people complain about windows prices when the last time they bought it was in 2009 and got the free upgrade to windows 10. Because you know $15/year with constant support and for you to use its say 8 hours a day(work/school/gaming) is such a RIP OFF!!!!

32 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Then it will lock down the car until you take it to a certified service that re-enables/reconnects that thing then deletes the error from the system for a hefty sum... :dry:

(Its entirely possible, for instance you cant even change the battery in the new cars for the same reason.)

I sure hope vehicles don't go that route.  Darn things are expensive as is.  If vehicles go that route, I can really see myself learning to recode or break the system to keep it from doing a lock down, or get with one of the peeps I know who either knows how to remod vehicle hardware or knows someone who can.

Or, just ride my carburetor ran single cylinder thumper instead.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Oh you are talking windows ads. Well yeah cant argue against that. Also since when is $120 ludicrous? Especially when people use its for hours a day. I think its a joke when people complain about windows prices when the last time they bought it was in 2009 and got the free upgrade to windows 10. Because you know $15/year with constant support and for you to use its say 8 hours a day(work/school/gaming) is such a RIP OFF!!!!

for an OS like Windows that is more work, feels like a constant beta project, you don't choose to use you are obligated to use it, and now comes with ads.... yeah 120$ is ludicrous.

Saw more value out of Leopard for 60$, Snow Leopard for 30$, Mountain Lion for another 30$... and you can no longer buy them now cause it went free and still no ads

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

for an OS like Windows that is more work, feels like a constant beta project, you don't choose to use you are obligated to use it, and now comes with ads.... yeah 120$ is ludicrous.

Saw more value out of Leopard for 60$, Snow Leopard for 30$, Mountain Lion for another 30$... and you can no longer buy them now cause it went free and still no ads

You realize one is a software company and the other is a hardware right? so comparing $120 vs $30 is pointless. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

You realize one is a software company and the other is a hardware right? so comparing $120 vs $30 is pointless. 

you do know MS also as a hardware division and doesn't only do software know right?

and even then, unlike Apple, they have the balls to sell a laptop with an even more lock downed OS, that you can unlock for a mere 50$... ads still included though 

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

you do know MS also as a hardware division and doesn't only do software know right?

and even then, unlike Apple, they have the balls to sell a laptop with an even more lock downed OS, that you can unlock for a mere 50$... ads still included though 

Show me on the doll where microsoft touched you...

First is Microsoft's hardware is small compared to its software side

Second is their laptop is more locked down how?

Third is the full OS is free for anyone who spends more than 800 on a machine

Fourth is yeah there are ads but you act like its slapped in your face when I have been using 10 since released a noticed 1 in the menu. Unlike what the point of this thread is and to blast the ad through the speakers. 

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Show me on the doll where microsoft touched you...

First is Microsoft's hardware is small compared to its software side

Second is their laptop is more locked down how?

Third is the full OS is free for anyone who spends more than 800 on a machine

Fourth is yeah there are ads but you act like its slapped in your face when I have been using 10 since released a noticed 1 in the menu. Unlike what the point of this thread is and to blast the ad through the speakers. 

right in the kokoro

still have an hardware division, till selling overpriced laptops

surface laptop & windows S

Sure... if you want to get stuck with home

they are visually present on a device where you interact with your eyes, if this is not a problem i don't see why ads on your car audio system is an issue

and now people wonder why adblock was so popular, when are we going to say enough is a enough and have the massive anti ad push? I consider an ad unacceptable if it interferes with what I'm doing, costs me time or otherwise is annoying. An ad played over a car would literally make me go to a fucking college for coding (something I REALLY hate), rip out the built in system and design my own, and just for shits and giggles why not an overlclocked i7 water cooled because fuck reason if cars play ads. I'd rather ram it into adobes HQ buildings to make the point. 

Yours faithfully

8 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

they are visually present on a device where you interact with your eyes

Ad on the internet are annoying becuase some redirect you while some are in your face. This is a visual environment and thats what makes ads annoying, but its a free service. If I ask my car to play a song on spotify that I pay for I dont want them to first tell me what the fuck is on sale.

Media Dynamics: people are exposed to over 5000 ads every day

Adobe: those are rookie numbers

2 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Web isnt a part of the computer.

And if you talk about pre installed stuff, there is none of you buy your own computer.
On laptops I am against it, and I hate it. Its not OK. But its also much easier to remove than on a car. You can just re install the OS, you cant do that on a car.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

I sure hope vehicles don't go that route.  Darn things are expensive as is.  If vehicles go that route, I can really see myself learning to recode or break the system to keep it from doing a lock down, or get with one of the peeps I know who either knows how to remod vehicle hardware or knows someone who can.

Or, just ride my carburetor ran single cylinder thumper instead.

Unfortunately you cant, if you mod one "steuergeräte" you have to mod all of them. The security is getting tougher with every generation, its no easy task to break it....

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

Screw them, if I can't BUY a car for thousands of € and not be constantly targeted by ads even without using the radio then I'll buy a motorbike instead. Furthermore, cars should not be connected to the internet, period. I'd rather go to a dealership for firmware updates if that's what it takes to have an isolated vehicle.

Yeah, having cars connected to the internet is just asking for trouble.... Imagine Watchdogs but in real life.