Ok, real talk, Linus SHOULD own a lambo by now.

Syntaxvgm

Linus needs a beast like this :P.

CAC50LRS111C021001.jpg (2100×1386)

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Lambo? No. Tesla, yes.

The problem is that the car doesn't bring money.  The camera is paid by multiple videos.

NO!!! Not a Tesla!!! That thing is an overpriced piece of junk.

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

tbh if I were in his position I would keep the amount of my savings private, high or low. 

Yes, definitely.  I would keep it secret.  A lot of people get angry when somebody else is rich.  Plus, employees can feel resentment if the boss flaunts his wealth.  Maybe Linus is already a millionaire and just keeps it hidden. 

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

11 minutes ago, rony59turbo said:

I see so many of them where I am, and growing. I went inside at an auto show, feels real nice. I can't comment on Model 3.

If you talk about issues, well manufacture errors happens. The more parts you have the more things can break. See normal car. Getting a lemon car is a serious issue for all brands

1 hour ago, Syntaxvgm said:

tbh if I were in his position I would keep the amount of my savings private, high or low. 

Also, and this is important to remember, that LMG is a corporation.  This means that LMGs funds are not Linus's funds.  He can't directly use LMG funds for his own personal purchases.  He most certainly takes a salary like every other employee.

And while I'm sure some of you are about to decry 'BUT IT'S HIS COMPANY, HE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING, IT'S ALL HIS!' it's important to remember that incorporation insulates the owner from much of the financial responsibility.  In short, if LMG were to go bust, Linus wouldn't go bust, and Linus wouldn't be held financially responsible for LMG's outstanding debts (Unless he did something stupid and illegal)

Linus did not buy a RED camera, LMG bought a RED camera and that's an important distinction.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Also, and this is important to remember, that LMG is a corporation.  This means that LMGs funds are not Linus's funds.  He can't directly use LMG funds for his own personal purchases.  He most certainly takes a salary like every other employee.

And while I'm sure some of you are about to decry 'BUT IT'S HIS COMPANY, HE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO EVERYTHING, IT'S ALL HIS!' it's important to remember that incorporation insulates the owner from much of the financial responsibility.  In short, if LMG were to go bust, Linus wouldn't go bust, and Linus wouldn't be held financially responsible for LMG's outstanding debts (Unless he did something stupid and illegal)

Linus did not buy a RED camera, LMG bought a RED camera and that's an important distinction.

he sure can transfer funds. He'd have to pay additional personal income taxes, but he totally can do whatever he wants as long as he's in control. 

Liquidate LMG assets, buy lambo. 

Do it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

so, glancing over that, in CA it's basically the same as my situation, you'll have to count it as income, which makes it a tax double whammy but you can do it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, he could get Porsche SUV. Been in one, its tight fit, but i can see wife and 3 kids there.

The Porsche Cayenne? Linked here?

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

so, glancing over that, in CA it's basically the same as my situation, you'll have to count it as income, which makes it a tax double whammy but you can do it. 

And there's also the part where Linus would have to answer anyone who owns parts of the company (He's not the sole proprietor) as to why he made massive transfers of income to himself.  Large cash transfers out of the businesses operating funds are kinda bad for business at all.

It's not as easy as you want to make it sound.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

And there's also the part where Linus would have to answer anyone who owns parts of the company (He's not the sole proprietor) as to why he made massive transfers of income to himself.  Large cash transfers out of the businesses operating funds are kinda bad for business at all.

It's not as easy as you want to make it sound.

I have no idea who owns what of LMG. 

This entire thread is a joke. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 hours ago, YedZed said:

*buys lambo on ebay*

*buys lambo on Amazon.ca with affiliate code*

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

*buys lambo with amazon affiliate code and records the expense with squarespace*

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

no prime? This seems like it COULD get here in 2 days if they really stepped on it. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

-snip-.

The way I see the red camera it's the same thing as getting a 1080p camera in the early 2000s.  You get the "lol, no one is going to watch that resolution!" response but it's now standard.  When 1440 × _____ - 2160 × ____ is standard and 8k is mainstream enthusiast all those 8k videos they uploaded will still look awesome, even 4 - 10 years from now.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The way I see the red camera it's the same thing as getting a 1080p camera in the early 2000s.  You get the "lol, no one is going to watch that resolution!" response but it's now standard.  When 1440 × _____ - 2160 × ____ is standard and 8k is mainstream enthusiast all those 8k videos they uploaded will still look awesome, even 4 - 10 years from now.

I could use 8k resolution to make 1080p things lol. I'm editing Jar Jar out of them phantom menace. You know how hard that is to make a zoom shot in post look clean? 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 hour ago, rony59turbo said:

Why? What makes you say that?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

he doesn't need a lambo, he needs a sick hot pink corolla with a gps that has a titan xp in it

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

5 minutes ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

he doesn't need a lambo, he needs a sick hot pink corolla with a gps that has a titan xp in it

Nah I remember that HTPC+Console Killer he put together for his play room for his children and he used a Founders Edition GTX 1070 only... I don't remember the CPU maybe an i7 6700k... which was great but I felt for someone like him the GPU choice was meh... I'm totally fine with FE but at least a GTX 1080... for 4k gaming on a flat screen sounds only logical.

35 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The 6k cameras were more than enough either ways, this is bad justification because they don't record any thing that demands ultra quality that a minimal amount of people with 4k monitors will be capable of seeing either ways, you don't need a 150k camera to record a static unmoving motherboard on top of a bench, the zoom without quality loss thing better applies to as previously stated expensive ass footage with a ton of details happening like a war scene on a movie, to zoom a still piece of hardware with acceptable quality even an iPhone is up to the task.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

.. I'm totally fine with FE but at least a GTX 1080... for 4k gaming on a flat screen sounds only logical.

4k gaming on a car radio

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

1 hour ago, Goku-sama said:

Jeep > Land Rover

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

whatdoyamean? He already have a lambo. Haven't y0u seen it? the PINK one.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Jeep > Land Rover

xD, it all comes down to the model and preference in the end.

When I lived in Los Angeles I used to see Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, etc. sitting in bumper to bumper traffic (which is really bad for high performance engines), just like I was in my work truck. lmao. Where are you going to drive such a car in the USA that will actually allow it to do what it was engineered to do? Maybe Canada has roads where you can drive 190mph legally, I don't know. It's just a statis symbol here, like all the multi-million dollar yachts you see in the harbors, that never go out to sea. I'm sure he'd rather spend the money on something more reasonable/useful. Like a college education for his kids, although these days that would cost a great deal more than a Lambo.

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."