Anno 1800 [Anno]unced at Gamescon

Juanitology

Boy oh boy what an exciting time for RTS players to be alive. First came the AoE 4 and remake of 2 and 3 announcements, and now a new Anno game set in the industrial revolution!!

Anno-1800-Reveal-01-Header-740x371.pnganno-1800-2017822174329_1.jpg

After dabbling with futuristic colonies for two games, Anno is once again visiting the past, specifically the Victorian era, with Anno 1800. Expect big ships, industrialisation and world-spanning trade empires. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/anno-1800-announced-will-take-the-series-back-to-the-past/

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

well, at least i have somewhere to go if AoE4 is a Windows Store ? exclusive 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

8 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

well, at least i have somewhere to go if AoE4 is a Windows Store ? exclusive 

Arr?

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

1 minute ago, zyntaxable said:

Arr?

?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

?

I thought you meant the piratebay to go to, because windows store sucks and is only available on Windows 10

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

so.. seeing what they made of anno 2070.. i'm not expecting this to "outperform" the experience of 1404+venice.

Whats the Anno series like ? games it similar to, I Do really enjoy my RTS 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 minutes ago, zyntaxable said:

I thought you meant the piratebay to go to, because windows store sucks and is only available on Windows 10

nah, not gonna give em even that satisfaction, don't want no shit uwp on my machines 

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

It kind of like Sim City with RTS flare.  I kind of enjoyed playing Anno with my Germany buddy.  We also laugh at each others build styles and playstyles (I tend to do curvy roads, my friend did block grid roads).

The one I played was interesting since you use ships to transport goods and had subs to go under water.  If I remember right, you can set up the supple lines to auto at certain number of goods.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Anno is kind of a subgenre of its own, because it combines the typical mechanics of RTS but has a focus on economy and city-building, and it adds a logistic and supply chain management aspect on top of that. It's a pretty relaxing game. 

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

its more of a mish mash between RTS games, city builders and greater value to economic and commercial strategies to advance your kingdom 

1 minute ago, Terodius said:

Anno is kind of a subgenre of its own, because it combines the typical mechanics of RTS but has a focus on economy and city-building, and it adds a logistic and supply chain management aspect on top of that. It's a pretty relaxing game. 

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

its more of a mish mash between RTS games, city builders and greater value to economic and commercial strategies to advance your kingdom 

sounds interesting, Which one you Recommend for a first play ? 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

5 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

imo 

Definitely 1404, it's a classic. After that it's up to you, if you have a good PC anno 2070 is gorgeous and also really good. I personally haven't played Anno 2205 yet, but it's the logical next step after 2070 if you liked the whole underwater building aspect of the game. 

i play a lot of anno 1404, so this may not really apply to the whole series..

its essentially a blend of AoE and something like banished.

the end goal is to be the grand ruler, but you achieve this by having a thriving colony, having to reach higher classes of society, and have them be happy (trough needs for exotic resources, for example) before you can even start on the "warfare" aspect.

my specific liking with 1404 (or more specificly the venice expansion) is that it also implements politics as a gameplay aspect more deeply, allowing you to essentiallty buy into the other player's parliament, and "kick them out their own colony" instead of firing cannons to the end.

its also made to be more of a "casual" pace, rather than the intense vibe most other RTSes create. you cant really "go fast", or rather if you do go fast, this usually means you overlook things. it's designed so "having a plan" is more rewarding than execution speed.

Just now, Terodius said:

Definitely 1404, it's a classic. After that it's up to you, if you have a good PC anno 2070 is gorgeous and also really good. I personally haven't played Anno 2205 yet, but it's the logical next step after 2070 if you liked the whole underwater building aspect of the game. 

1404 is also super cheap on steam sales.

FYI: because someone went lawsuit, in some regions its called "dawn of discovery" and the venice expansion is a defenate yes.

Thanks guys, Will download it tonight and give it a go. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

1404 is also super cheap on steam sales.

FYI: because someone went lawsuit, in some regions its called "dawn of discovery" and the venice expansion is a defenate yes.

Lol what on earth? what were they sued for that made them have to change the name?

1 minute ago, Terodius said:

Lol what on earth? what were they sued for that made them have to change the name?

it was super dum, something something not actually a good representation of the technology in the year 1404..

something you damn well know can only happen in one country on earth ;)

10 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

1404 by far the best.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it was super dum, something something not actually a good representation of the technology in the year 1404..

something you damn well know can only happen in one country on earth ;)

North Korea?

39 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Kind of AoE had offspring with Settlers II or something like that :P At least that was my impression when I played the 1602 demo. 

Ah, the days when I had time to tell worker 24 to carry every 50 ore to the blacksmith, so it can send ingots to the armory, who in turn... And optimize them all :P

21 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Kind of AoE had offspring with Settlers II or something like that :P At least that was my impression when I played the 1602 demo. 

Ah, the days when I had time to tell worker 24 to carry every 50 ore to the blacksmith, so it can send ingots to the armory, who in turn... And optimize them all :P

dude Settlers 2 is life :P:P 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

19 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

yep play 1404.

i played 1602 online and it didnt even have any matchmaking or lobby.

4 hours ago, Tedny said:

why it's a problem ? 

people hate the store cuz of the early fuck ups, like 30 fps lock etc. its all fixed for a year now and works well for me.

the last game i got off it was the gigantic beta and i had 0 issues.