AMD FX vs Intel for gaming - 2015 Edition

People should read this. Rub it in the face of the plebs on PCPP...

Also, tagging @Faceman

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

i think most people in this forum know that AMD is shit

*Minus the APUs which are great for the right person*

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

They'll still suck with that per-core performance though....

Yeah but the extra performance will somewhat revive the lineup against intel.

blackshades on

i think most people in this forum know that AMD is shit

their hardware is outdated, the hardware was great for their time which was 5..6.. wait has it been 7 years on the same cpu's?  gpu's they are great

*Minus the APUs which are great for the right person*

^that

Still in the process of editing.

Please snip that quote. I don't want the thread to be a mess. Thanks

"Rawr XD"

People should read this. Rub it in the face of the plebs on PCPP...

I'm a plebeian? :(

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Yeah but the extra performance will somewhat revive the lineup against intel.

Lol, I doubt it.... If an i3 is trumping their very best CPU in most multi-threaded games then AMD is not doing well... I'm willing to bet that it'll just bring it back up to "8350 is about on par with a low-end i5" territory again.

Gotta retest with DX12!

It's not going to matter because not every game is going to be ported to DX12.

I'm a plebeian? :(

Most of them are AMD fanboys HARDCORE and don't understand WTF bottlenecking actually is. I saw one guy who had an FX 6350 and a 980ti and he said "my 6350 never saw 100% usage" and I basically just facewalled.... Like yes, that is a bottleneck...

Most of them are AMD fanboys HARDCORE and don't understand WTF bottlenecking actually is. I saw one guy who had a 6350 and a 980ti and he said "my 6350 never saw 100% usage" and I basically just facewalled.... Like yes, that is a bottleneck...

you forgot to mention that just about everyone there is reaaaaaaaaally young..... saw a build once with x99 that could ran anything and over 5k for an 8 year old that played minecraft......

Most of them are AMD fanboys HARDCORE and don't understand WTF bottlenecking actually is. I saw one guy who had a 6350 and a 980ti and he said "my 6350 never saw 100% usage" and I basically just facewalled.... Like yes, that is a bottleneck...

Yea I kind of what to tag them, but it will just go in one ear and out the other.

you forgot to mention that just about everyone there is reaaaaaaaaally young..... saw a build once with x99 that could ran anything and over 5k for an 8 year old that played minecraft......

Damn.... the people there are just not that bright in general though.... I got all the thumbs down on that site for every constructive commend of criticism I made on there....

@Faceman

snips chips and acid trips

Nah, Faceman is still my Facebuddy, though Aniallation is my friend in PSU stuff.

Depends. AAA games that support dual cores the G3258 trumps.

Not really. Even if it does support dual-cores in many of them the G3258 stutters a lot more then the 860K

"Rawr XD"