I built my own wooden PC case!

fuuya

I made my own PC Case, built out of wood. It took me about a week, please leave a comment about how I can improve it :)

I'm not sure what to do with the sides, I originally wanted to paint them in light gray, but I'm not too sure about that anymore. I'll treat the inside like the front soon (just add some special oil, don't know the specific words in english but it's for wooden stairs and floor). Maybe I'll do that to the outside too instead of painting it gray. As I said, I'm not too sure about it anymore.

And I'll definitly add speaker spikes (when they arrive, fk u DPD >:()

Link to my album: 

IMG_5287.JPG

That is really cool nice job!

Don't forget to update your graphics driver haha

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

I noticed this might be the wrong category to post this in. I'm sorry about that, I'm new to this forum. If it's in the wrong category, can I or one of the mods move it to the correct one?

Looks great! You did an excellent job :D

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

@wkdpaul or @W-L can help you out :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

looks REALLY out of place on that desk... maybe finish it with a dark stain...?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

4 minutes ago, fuuya said:

I noticed this might be the wrong category to post this in. I'm sorry about that, I'm new to this forum. If it's in the wrong category, can I or one of the mods move it to the correct one?

Moved to the Case mod section, nice work BTW ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, Beowulff83 said:

Don't overclock, you might start a Bonfire!

that's what I got good fans for xD my temps are at 40 CPU and 50 GPU idle and under load they go up to 65 CPU and 75 GPU , but I've never had throttel or higher temps

Damn I'll pay you 170$ to build me one holy smokes that's cool cable management could use some work tho

looks cool. i like the magnet holding for the front panel. i would just give it a sand and use a wood finish to keep the grain apparent.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

looks REALLY out of place on that desk... maybe finish it with a dark stain...?

I'll get a second desk soon, it will be standing on top of that. The second desk is white. A dark stain usually is a vague colour in this colour palette. Blue, white and light gray as well as a dark brown fits more. But I don't think I'll stain the wood dark.

1 minute ago, Majestic said:

How did you make the holes for the fans? They don't quite look entirely round.

I used a scroll saw and tried to make them round. We didn't have special drilling heads this big.

EDIT: If I had trained more, I probably could have made it look better, but I didn't

5 minutes ago, Gamerguy207 said:

Damn I'll pay you 170$ to build me one holy smokes that's cool cable management could use some work tho

You'll have to get it in Germany :P and yeah, cable management is the last thing I thought about.

The case isn't perfect tho, and the many hours I invested are probably worth more than 170$ ;) Although the wood itself only costs about 20-30€ - the expensive parts were the fans. I got the blue lights for 20 bucks

Just now, fuuya said:

You'll have to get it in Germany :P and yeah, cable management is the last thing I thought about.

The case isn't perfect tho, and the many hours I invested are probably worth more than 170$ ;) Although the wood itself only costs about 20-30€ - the expensive parts were the fans. I got the blue lights for 20 bucks

$400?    Jk looks great were did you get the wood?

Just now, Gamerguy207 said:

$400?    Jk looks great were did you get the wood?

A conventional building supplies here. They all have plywood here. For the back and the bottom I used 600x400 hardwood

6 minutes ago, fuuya said:

I used a scroll saw and tried to make them round. We didn't have special drilling heads this big.

Surely with a bit more time you can round out those holes better with a file? Yeah you'd need some CNC machine to make them perfect.

DPD is the worst btw, I agree ;)

Just now, fuuya said:

A conventional building supplies here. They all have plywood here. For the back and the bottom I used 600x400 hardwood

Kool thanks :)

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Surely with a bit more time you can round out those holes better with a file? Yeah you'd need some CNC machine to make them perfect.

DPD is the worst btw, I agree ;)

I could do that, but it wood (ha, see what I did there lol) take me a lot of work and probably I'll mess it up. I already tried it and it was very frustrating, especially because the plywood started splintering and that didn't look well

this gives me an idea for a burlwood project...

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

this gives me an idea for a burlwood project...

make sure to keep me updated!

1 minute ago, fuuya said:

make sure to keep me updated!

i'll be honest, i probably wont. lulz

System specs:

Outside looks good.

Internals made me sad.

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Holy crap that looks sweet. :DIm planning out a wooden case build myself, so this has given me some cool ideas. 

And if you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the see through side panel?

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.