Intel Core-X Series: Full Specs Revealed

HKZeroFive

@leadeater Can you please clean the thread? :D 

The G4560 has nothing to do with X299 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Fonzie92 said:

Lol, now you guys are calling the mods when I proved you wrong with my screenshot. Absolutely hilarious 

No they are saying it's nothing to do with the clock speeds of the 14, 16 and 18 core X299 models or anything to do with X299 at all. They are right. Start a separate thread about the topic and I'm sure people will batter you with evidence there too (not that you'll listen)

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

No they are saying it's nothing to do with the clock speeds of the 14, 16 and 18 core X299 models or anything to do with X299 at all. They are right. Start a separate thread about the topic and I'm sure people will batter you with evidence there too (not that you'll listen)

Says the one who is replying and arguing with me....  lol you go make your thread. I'll debate you to the ends of the earth 

16 minutes ago, leadeater said:

When I have to remove more than half the thread for being off topic there is a problem, keep it on topic please.

160723_1103_How_to_rap_staying_on_topic.

(sry/notsry i had to) 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

20 minutes ago, leadeater said:

When I have to remove more than half the thread for being off topic there is a problem, keep it on topic please.

Remind me not to post on this forum again, if all you're going to do is delete our posts. Pathetic.

2 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Remind me not to post on this forum again, if all you're going to do, is delete our posts. Pathetic.

You're welcome to have the discussion you were having in a different thread for that purpose, as the title of this thread says it's about X299 not something else. Mentions of competing products or other ones is fine in context but it is totally not acceptable when 80% of the topic has nothing to do with the topic.

5 minutes ago, leadeater said:

You're welcome to have the discussion you were having in a different thread for that purpose, as the title of this thread says it's about X299 not something else. Mentions of competing products or other ones is fine in context but it is totally not acceptable when 80% of the topic has nothing to do with the topic.

I agree. But I just find it in bad taste to permanently delete the posts, why can't our off-topic posts just be merged to a newly dynamically created xx thread for debate. I'll happily code that feature in for IBP as an addon for moderators to do. I will have to invoice Linus for that feature, however

3 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

I agree. But I just find it in bad taste to permanently delete the posts, why can't our off-topic posts just be merged to a newly dynamically created xx thread for debate. I'll happily code that feature in for IBP as an addon for moderators to do. I will have to invoice Linus for that feature, however

They aren't deleted they are hidden, nothing is deleted for many reasons. Once something is gone it's gone you can't, easily, get it back so hiding is better.

4 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

I didn't see you sneak that in. Is it now? Well would you like to bet on that? ;) 

They are coming to mobile laptops in late august. Now for desktop cpus, it's going to be a while before we get those.

1 hour ago, Fonzie92 said:

Remind me not to post on this forum again, if all you're going to do is delete our posts. Pathetic.

Welcome to LTT!

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i think the 16 core TR vs the 18 core I9 is going to be super interesting to see in benchmarks, if Intel cant go much beyond that base then AMD might be preformance king tbh

Well, I suppose that the 16 core threadripper is only 2 cores shorter than the core i9-7980XE. But since the core i9 has an extra 2 cores than the 16 core threadripper, it could do well in terms of multi core applications, and it has an additional 4 more threads which could also make it do well in multi threaded applications. I also depends on the clockspeed, because the core i9-7980XE could have stronger cores clocked at higher clockspeeds and threadripper could have multiple different cores clocked at slower clockspeeds. But, it would certainly be an interesting concept to test.

4 hours ago, MageTank said:

This is the hard part. I can't name the source, as I do not want to get the person in trouble. I hate to be the "anonymous source" guy, as I absolutely hate when other people do it, but i genuinely can't name them. If anything, I recommend just waiting until they come out (or for Der8auer to inevitably review it). 

Bet I know who it is.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Someone explain what is an 112W i5 doing on X299?

It's X299's Pentium. The stopgap for the people that don't save before dropping money onto the enthusiast platform.

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

from what i have seen benchmark wise the 6c I7 was preforming around an R5 1600x while running a higher frequency, which would indicate that it has a step back in instructions per clock lol. i dont think Coffee lake is smokeing anyone

It's also possible that some of the benches scale with L3 cache, where the 7800X has 8.25MB and the 1600 has 16.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Bet I know who it is.

Would be interesting if you do, because I technically don't, lol. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

4 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Would be interesting if you do, because I technically don't

Yeah no we're actually room mates

\s

4 minutes ago, MageTank said:

lol. 

0XtS04K.gif.aaeb59089f399e9db3fd26122f5e1a2f.gif

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Oh you mean people who didn't save and yet spend $240 on a stopgap measure? Oh ok

We should stop saying people. Realistically, it's probably one guy. One, very stupid guy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, TheBeastPC said:

Well, I suppose that the 16 core threadripper is only 2 cores shorter than the core i9-7980XE. But since the core i9 has an extra 2 cores than the 16 core threadripper, it could do well in terms of multi core applications, and it has an additional 4 more threads which could also make it do well in multi threaded applications. I also depends on the clockspeed, because the core i9-7980XE could have stronger cores clocked at higher clockspeeds and threadripper could have multiple different cores clocked at slower clockspeeds. But, it would certainly be an interesting concept to test.

its definatly going to be a fun battle to see IMO. to me it looks like the multi die TR has the clock advantage at the moment, it atleast wins in base clock speed by quite a bit, but Intels all core turbo could be good aswell. i think its going to be a close battle in some scenarios and some there is going to be a clear winner. Would be really funny if AMD pulls ahead and takes the preformance crown though xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Remember everyone that turbo boost 3.0 is a two core turbo, and the 2.0 is then the 4C. We will see what the all core turbo is, but for games at least that isn't too bad compared to generations before this one.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

its definatly going to be a fun battle to see IMO. to me it looks like the multi die TR has the clock advantage at the moment, it atleast wins in base clock speed by quite a bit, but Intels all core turbo could be good aswell. i think its going to be a close battle in some scenarios and some there is going to be a clear winner. Would be really funny if AMD pulls ahead and takes the preformance crown though xD 

8 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Remember everyone that turbo boost 3.0 is a two core turbo, and the 2.0 is then the 4C. We will see what the all core turbo is, but for games at least that isn't too bad compared to generations before this one.

Well if the Xeon 6154 is anything to go by, the 7980xe will have an all core boost of 3.7.

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Well if the Xeon 6154 is anything to go by, the 7980xe will have an all core boost of 3.7.

is that the all core boost? if it is id say its quite high and should smash TR

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

22 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

is that the all core boost? if it is id say its quite high and should smash TR

Yes all core. However that chip has a 200w TDP.

Also these chips should have two FMA units per core, unless they disable something.

6 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

How is your CPU pin getting destroyed at a measly 1.25v not a design flaw?

It's possible it was a defect with the motherboard, not just the chip.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

What I can see is that for the first time in a long time people do seem to be more excited about AMD's HEDT than Intel's HEDT and that does please me.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Some are forgetting that most motherboards take the 1 core boost and apply it to all cores by default, the problem is the heat and power consumption, going by the 10 core its gonna be a big problem.

And for the people putting TR against the highest end ship from Intel, your insane. TR is 1K $ so its competition should be the nearest prices chip from Intel, SO the X7900 or X7920. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

6 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

How is your CPU pin getting destroyed at a measly 1.25v not a design flaw?

4 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

It's possible it was a defect with the motherboard, not just the chip.

Guys, Steve damaged ground pins. This is NOT a design flaw. The back of the CPU probably wasn't clean.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402