World’s Most AMAZING Desk PC – 16K GAMING BUILD LOG (Part 1 of 2)

Check out ICTable: http://geni.us/ffQyU

Buy Acer Predator SB271HK bmiprz 27-inch IPS UHD Monitor
Amazon: http://geni.us/pKMAxM
Newegg: http://geni.us/gjbD

Buy Nvidia Quadro
Amazon: http://geni.us/kzocqA
Newegg: http://geni.us/XHhu5qk

We set out to create the most incredible display setup ever... 16 4K monitors put together to driver 16K RESOLUTION!!!

3 minutes ago, Anjelllo said:

How many pixels are enough pixels?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

-1 :)

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

21 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

And you're using the windows xp bliss wallpaper. I approve.

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

1st

I actually opened all of these

I dont know why I expected anything different

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

There are always technical issues with these sorts of projects, I like that you tell us though as some tech channels would lie and just say everything went fine with no hiccups. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

The question is: what was the shit DP cable brand, and which ones did you go with as replacements?  I've always liked Startech and Monoprice stuff.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Props to the ICtable guys. I'm usually not wowed by what sponsores bring to the table (pun intended) cause it's mostly "just" very expensive but otherwise fairly unexciting stuff. These guys on the other hand just redesigned their table on the fly and build it up without much hassle and that really speaks for their product. If I had that kind of money and "needed" a PC gaming table I'd propably throw my money at those guys - so good on them for playing ball.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

We built 8 4k screen setup at work for monitoring. And man was the struggle real with getting them all work together. We definitely had some cable problems and probably some hardware problems that made the whole thing a pain to set up.

GPU we are using is Nvidias NVS 810

Here's hoping you have better time with yours Linus, GLHF.

1. You KNEW what you were getting into with this project - that's just bad preparation.

2. So you DIDN'T test each monitor one by one after unpacking it to see if it actually worked with the supplied DP cable? Even having them mounted it's not too difficult to plug each one into a laptop another guy is holding to check each monitor is running properly.

3. I seriously recommend you make some friends at Monoprice and order a dozen or two quality DP cables.

Can the DSR be used at 16K in order to further increase the resolution?

I'm kind of disapointed that Linus (or his team) didn't proper research before hand.

They know there are proper vesa mounts specifically made for huge videowalls right? I am an AV engineer, working on massive videowall projects (for industrial monitoring, video surveillance, traffic control, control centers, military applications, etc.) with up to 128 inputs and 128 monitors. And even more, if needed. I think they shouldn't have taken the "gamer" way with this project and more the "industrial" way. I mean, the way that we do it everyday. Can't wait to see how they will struggle with video sync and cable length... (they should really look into HTBaseT technology as well).

well this seems like an ok place to ask...

I have 16 inchs of height to fit monitors in.  I currently have 2 1080p 23inch in there.  I'm looking to upgrade to 4k... but not finding anything that will fit and is good quality.  It's looking to me like 4k is still in early adopter territory and doesn't have the settled size variety and build quality I'm looking for.  But still I am looking... for recommendations.  I can't mount them to an arm or anything like that... so I need 4k monitors that don't get taller than 16 inch while on their stands.

• 1 year later...

Hey Linus I am looking at making this a go at my place. Can you tell me what cables ended up working for you. I have 16 46inch NEC monitors that I need to run with either 35ft or 50ft cables.

IMG_5922.JPG

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, tHeSiD said:

Where is part 2? I cant find it!

16 4K monitors

Wouldn't that be 64K ;)

Why not have the 64K play games with that large wall projection thing that was done in the courtyard beside the warehouse.

• 6 months later...

One thing I can't figure out.  Is the PCIe riser for the Quadro Sync II card actually connected to the motherboard? 

Doesn't look like it in the video.  Seems to be more of a holder than anything else.

• 3 years later...

I work with large excel files and use 4 monitors (multiple files open at the same time that all calculate large amounts of data and business projections). I am wanting to have 5 or 6 displays. If I use this video as a template, could I use two 3060s instead of the quadro cards to get more than 4 displays running off of my desktop?