Where do you work (Not Creepy I Swear)

DisguisedDemise
6 minutes ago, Thavion Hawk said:

I work at a small 2 tech Computer Store in Corvallis, OR called Bellevue Computers. Basically we're the only place in the area that has ANY Computer Parts that wouldn't be found at an office max. You'd have to drive an hour to the nearest Best Buy to get any of what we stock and even then not all of it. It would take another 30min drive past that to get to Fry's to finally find a place with more options then we have. I'm overworked, underpaid and can't find a better job within 50 Miles of me...

Dude thats cool but sucks at the same time im so sorry for you bud, but the dedication is great on your end :P

1 hour ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

I work at the city hall, i'm one of the 3 I.T. Technicians on site, but you could say i work browsing forums all day, most of the time is just sit and wait :P.

Same here. I work for Trim Healthy Mama (never mind the name) as a junior IT admin. So I pretty much browse the forums, fix the occasional problem, and then do some monthly spreadsheets. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

The fun bit is all the College Students at Oregon State that want nice gaming rigs, the game developer that orders Dev Rigs from us once or twice a year, the rich as F people that buy $3,000 systems each year and so on. Just sucks that I'm also on tap for all the BS retired people with networking, printer, internet, virus, malware... Oh and I get At Cost parts so that's a plus.

Oh and this place has been here so long that there is a unsold copy of Windows 3.11 on 3.5" Floppy Discs sealed in the store room.

16 minutes ago, Thavion Hawk said:

The fun bit is all the College Students at Oregon State that want nice gaming rigs, the game developer that orders Dev Rigs from us once or twice a year, the rich as F people that buy $3,000 systems each year and so on. Just sucks that I'm also on tap for all the BS retired people with networking, printer, internet, virus, malware... Oh and I get At Cost parts so that's a plus.

See, the plus sides to anything

10 minutes ago, Thavion Hawk said:

Oh and this place has been here so long that there is a unsold copy of Windows 3.11 on 3.5" Floppy Discs sealed in the store room.

LOL

Brazzers as a set cleaner 

Currently a store clerk who sells consumer electronics stuff, currently talking to some company about a programmer position. I do have some bigger dreams, as I have some hobbies I would love to pursue too.. They will likely stay hobbies forever though.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

Nothing that I'm willing (or permitted) to share. However I have enjoyed working in a wide verity of areas within the industry. Indeed it is fun and so are the benefits the go with it (at this level). One can never have enough money, power and knowledge :x

You were voted "most likely to try to take over the world" at some point I bet?  lol

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

They just sent out an email about 'appropriate internet usage' >_>

Does that mean you've been caught?  ?

1 hour ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Well luckily I don't have to deal with any of the kids at all. There are a couple of 10th or 11th grade high schoolers that help the custodians as a summer job and one of them is insanely immature to the point that no one wants to work with them voluntarily.

Fortunately most (not all) of the students at my high school had been sufficiently tolerable that I managed to survive those 4 years.  

There red were a few people in particular that I absolutely hated though because they were as bad as this immature person you refer to.

6 hours ago, DisguisedDemise said:

This is just a thread to talk about where you work, and if you want to rant :P

I work for a Bureau de Exchange in a Tesco's (British shop for anyone who hasn't heard if it)

I often browse the forums as its one of the only websites they haven't blocked yet lmao

Feel free to ask questions :P

I'm a business owner. I run a logistics company as well as a security company down here in South Florida. It's not a fun as it sounds. I haven't had a vacation in 8 years now. Also I'm on call 24 hours a day so I don't k ow what sleep is any more. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

26 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

I'm a business owner. I run a logistics company as well as a security company down here in South Florida. It's not a fun as it sounds. I haven't had a vacation in 8 years now. Also I'm on call 24 hours a day so I don't k ow what sleep is any more. 

Same here, but I run an indie game studio. I thought it'd be fun, but its fun 5% of the time. (still love my job though, its the passion and hard work 95% of the time that makes the 5% all the much better). 

3-4 hours a sleep is a liberal amount for me.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I work for a big, scary chemical manufacturing plant

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

I work computer deployment in a hospital. Its like the only thing I know how to do besides pay bills. I have an IQ of a peanut on anything else.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

In December I work at an ice rink and then right now I am working at a food truck/ trailer depending on the location selling mini doughnuts and other fried foods.  The only problem working for the food is that there is no AC and the trailer is at least 10 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than outside plus when you get off work you smell of mini doughnuts.   I am a college student so I only work on my breaks at the moment

Tier 1 Procedural Support for branches for a large bank in australia

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Currently a liquor store & a supermarket in the online shopping department, both are awesome positions, they pay well and it's a 5 minute walk to work, which makes late night finishes great, means I can walk home with a few drinks ha. Though I am thinking about changing jobs and trying to get a job with a brewery and moving in that sort of direction for a career, since there's quite a few breweries local to me. Oth

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Greetings

I work as a biometrics engeneer and developer or as i like to tell peopol i sit and play games all day since its hard explaining to them what i do hehehe

Also running my tiny compony for software and game testing as well as complex problem solving and syatem configerations 

13 hours ago, AUniqueName said:

Brazzers as a set cleaner 

Sounds fun ;P

12 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Well i didn't enjoy it when i went. Mainly because of the course i picked. If i could go back, i would and pick Law or Math.

Nevertheless, i'm still kinda glad i went though because it i learnt a lot of stuff i didn't know beforehand.

Still waiting for the day i can break onto the YouTube/Twitch scene :/ I have some personal issues to sort out first though. 

Well sir good luck to you, and may you get that break.

11 hours ago, Minibois said:

Currently a store clerk who sells consumer electronics stuff, currently talking to some company about a programmer position. I do have some bigger dreams, as I have some hobbies I would love to pursue too.. They will likely stay hobbies forever though.

Like what, LEMME HEAR DEM HOBBIES. GO BIG OR GO HOMO. But seriously if you have dreams chase them. as the cringe kids used to say you only live once. Good luck whatever you do :P 

9 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Dude, thats gotta suck, to think that you're on call 24hrs is abit of a joke, surely theres people who can be hired for things they dont necessarily have to call you for. Anyways, i hope you get a vacation, keep up the good work :P 

9 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

I work for a big, scary chemical manufacturing plant

You work for Coca Cola? jkjk Hope youre enjoying it though ;P 

8 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

I work behind people. It's my job to breath down their neck, and help them smell the sweet scent of Mt. Dew and Doritos.  They shudder at the pure scent of cool ranch.

Naaaaasty, dude i hopoe theres totally future job oppertunities there :P. Maybe a neckbeard stroke service for only $40. Or the cool ranch sauna experience? lmao.

7 hours ago, Satisfoxy said:

I work computer deployment in a hospital. Its like the only thing I know how to do besides pay bills. I have an IQ of a peanut on anything else.

Dont think like that of yourself, never the attitude to have, even if i have it and im a hypocrite. At least youre making the most of your skills in the right place. Thank you for helping keep that hospital alive, regardless of the amount you contribute you still do :) 

7 hours ago, flowalex said:

In December I work at an ice rink and then right now I am working at a food truck/ trailer depending on the location selling mini doughnuts and other fried foods.  The only problem working for the food is that there is no AC and the trailer is at least 10 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than outside plus when you get off work you smell of mini doughnuts.   I am a college student so I only work on my breaks at the moment

Free Food? How old are you? im not being creepy but its nice to see someone who studies and still has a good work ethic, keep it up buddy. :) 

7 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

Tier 1 Procedural Support for branches for a large bank in australia

I fkin love aussie accents (basic bitch alert im sorry) but is the job any fun? any perks?

3 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

I'm a systems analyst for a company down at the Port of Houston.

What do you end up doing most of the time, is there much cool shit involved or any possible future job prospects? Hope youre enjoying it nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Currently a liquor store & a supermarket in the online shopping department, both are awesome positions, they pay well and it's a 5 minute walk to work, which makes late night finishes great, means I can walk home with a few drinks ha. Though I am thinking about changing jobs and trying to get a job with a brewery and moving in that sort of direction for a career, since there's quite a few breweries local to me. Oth

Someone likes to drink ;), yeah usually supermarkets and little shops pay quite well in my area, plenty of positions paying pretty good for students etc. Hope youre enjoying the jobs. Get that job at the brewery CHASE YOUR ALCOHOLIC DREAMS. Im joking please dont be offended

1 hour ago, PokeITSolutions said:

Greetings

I work as a biometrics engeneer and developer or as i like to tell peopol i sit and play games all day since its hard explaining to them what i do hehehe

Also running my tiny compony for software and game testing as well as complex problem solving and syatem configerations 

You got alot on your plate there sir, Hope you can manage it all and that youre having a dang good time doing it. Good luck for the future

WOW that was a long one. yes im back at work just browsing LTT its a boring day :( 

4 hours ago, LyondellBasell said:

I'm a systems analyst for a company down at the Port of Houston.

Hm I wonder who you work for, LyondellBasell xD 

I work directly south of you

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

2 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

I don't work yet.

Do you have anything youd like to do when you get the chance?

I'm currently a Medical Representative for a pharmaceutical company. The pay is good but I regret quitting my job as a Researcher in a University. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I currently work for As a First Responder for the Ambulance Service but i'm moving shortly to a new job :).

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

I'm currently a Medical Representative for a pharmaceutical company. The pay is good but I regret quitting my job as a Researcher in a University. 

Man, that sucks. Life has a way of making you think money controls the quality of life. But enjoying what you do should be your number one priority. I hope you find something more enjoyable soon man <3

1 minute ago, Tibbles said:

My goal is to have a summer job next year, this year I'm gonna start studying electrics in high school. That will lead to stuff like computer science, IT and networking stuff in about 1-2 years. In my 3rd year I will be out doing an internship for a set amount of weeks and when school is done I should have a fairly decent chance at finding work.

I like that you have a plan, i never bothered making a plan while i was younger because by the time it got to going through with it i was different with different interests. Good luck mang. Enjoy :P

Just now, Sousuke said:

I currently work for As a First Responder for the Ambulance Service but i'm moving shortly to a new job :).

My uncle is a paramedic, thank you for your service :P. Whats the new job, anything cool? Good Luck btw