Vega FE benchmarked by random dude

A little oot, but when do you think gaming Vega will be available? End of august (1 month distance from announcements just like FE) or right after launch at siggraph?

Just now, Its Not Important said:

A little oot, but when do you think gaming Vega will be available? End of august (1 month distance from announcements just like FE) or right after launch at siggraph?

i would say soon after launch (up to 2 weeks) as the manufactures are already receiving final silicon for the last few tests 

7 minutes ago, Arc_Jester said:

Again I'd like to point out that the driver used does not support Vega and is 6 months old.

No, he didn't use the January driver. If he did, it wouldn't even recognise the card.

Here's what WhyCry (VideoCardz) said:

The driver from January would not even recognize Frontier. 
He used the latest driver from AMD website. I checked. And it's called 17.6 or 17.20* not 17.1.1
* "Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition 17.6 with base driver version 17.20.1035."
05gxM66.png

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Just now, cj09beira said:

i would say soon after launch (up to 2 weeks) as the manufactures are already receiving final silicon for the last few tests 

Really? That is what I'm hoping for..... i can't wait until end of august 

if you go and check the various runs he did, you can clearly see that the are 2 runs one at 1600 other at 1680 were they score the same so he might have a bottleneck somewhere or the card wasn't at a fixed frequency (he said it was all over the place) 

Just now, Arc_Jester said:

Either way, this "review" is far from professional and should be thrown out at this point.

I wouldn't say "thrown out". Just take it with a grain of salt until you get more reviews from other third party reviewers. You know, like what you should do with every reviewer ever? Never take one single review as an absolute fact, even if it's from a reputable source. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Thread was cleaned again, some post were re-instated.

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

quoting someone and linking something isnt a personal attack

its a discussion

plus he might have something to back up his claims

and on topic didnt the furyx have 980 like performance with generic drivers but came closer to the ti after drivers?

3 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Don't know why my post got deleted as well lol I just called out the lack of a reputable source for a "news" topic. No inflammatory language or anything...good job on keeping the peace though if things got a little rowdy xD

On topic:

Like everything else I'll wait until official reviews come out with the official launch day drivers before making any judgements.

3 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yeah, I don't know why my comments got removed either. I mean all I did was verbally assault a specific person, it wasn't really a personal attack.

3 hours ago, 3DOSH said:

Why was my post edited ??? agenda is Personal attack ??? English isn't my first language, still... lol this forum xD

as for all of you, please review the Community Standards as these replies would normally get deleted;

Moderation & Bans
Do not openly discuss the moderation of any content or user. If you have an issue, please contact a staff member.
Do not backseat moderate – if there’s an issue, please use the report function.
Please be aware staff cannot see private messages unless they are reported.
If you have an issue with a moderator at any time, please contact an Administrator via PM @Slick  @Whaler_99  @Windspeed36

You can contact me by PM if anything needs to be discussed.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 hours ago, pas008 said:

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu

The $5-7000 dollar workstation card doesn't beat out the full up Pascal gaming cards. That's on mature drivers with a proper PSU for the card. This is a card with new drivers, and possibly underpowered.

3 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

That PSU is not undersized.  This is all down to driver issues.

We have no clue how old the PSU, whether the 550 rating is nominal or max power draw is or if he's managed to overheat the thing during its lifetime. As such, we have no clue whether it's underpowered or not.

4 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

Price tag: $999

Hope vega is at least under $600 

We know what card this is and why its 999$ lol.

RX Vega has to be cheaper It is facing Volta in the not so distant future. so lets be honest if it isn't (MASSIVE EXAGGERATION ALERT) 50% faster than the Titan Xp it will be soon forgotten and the price would be adjusted accordingly anyway (you know the old "X(cost)=Y(perf)"). If it is 50% faster than the Titan Xp AMD can charge 1800$ for it for all i care. And I'd even shake their hand to congratulate them on that, while screaming curse words because I couldn't afford it. :D

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

2 minutes ago, LukaH said:

We know what card this is and why its 999$ lol.

RX Vega has to be cheaper It is facing Volta in the not so distant future. so lets be honest if it isn't (MASSIVE EXAGGERATION ALERT) 50% faster than the Titan Xp it will be soon forgotten and the price would be adjusted accordingly anyway (you know the old "X(cost)=Y(perf)"). If it is 50% faster than the Titan Xp AMD can charge 1800$ for it for all i care. And I'd even shake their hand to congratulate them on that, while screaming curse words because I couldn't afford it. :D

I'm legitimately worried about Vega future.... Nvidia is pushing really hard here

4 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/timespy+3dmark+score+performance+preset/version+1.0/1+gpu

The $5-7000 dollar workstation card doesn't beat out the full up Pascal gaming cards. That's on mature drivers with a proper PSU for the card. This is a card with new drivers, and possibly underpowered.

We have no clue how old the PSU, whether the 550 rating is nominal or max power draw is or if he's managed to overheat the thing during its lifetime. As such, we have no clue whether it's underpowered or not.

it was in response for someone stating quadros dont game

which it was

price doesnt matter on the subject

Just now, Its Not Important said:

I'm legitimately worried about Vega future.... Nvidia is pushing really hard here

or is it that AMD lost the plot?!

if you look at the numbers, Vega has worse perf/Watt than Fury X, and that card was also hot

I still question AMD's pigheadedness of insisting using that exorbitantly expensive HBM2l it showed no benefit in Fury

why?!

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

or is it that AMD lost the plot?!

if you look at the numbers, Vega has worse perf/Watt than Fury X, and that card was also hot

I still question AMD's pigheadedness of insisting using that exorbitantly expensive HBM2l it showed no benefit in Fury

why?!

I wouldn't say that just yet.... you're jumping into conclusions like crazy here. Its still to waaay too early to say anything

4 minutes ago, pas008 said:

it was in response for someone stating quadros dont game

which it was

price doesnt matter on the subject

The fact that the 7000 dollar workstation card can't match the optimized gaming card that is otherwise the same means that they're not good at gaming. A 30% performance hit is a pretty large issue.

7 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

The fact that the 7000 workstation card can't match the optimized gaming card that is otherwise the same means that they're not good at gaming. A 30% performance hit is a pretty large issue.

what are you talking about its not even optimized but still performed descent in games, have you done spec vs spec with titan x?

as you can see thread has been cleaned in which there was something going on that you are unaware of

5 hours ago, Its Not Important said:

I'm scared, I can't imagine the RX Vega Gaming card will perform better tham 1080 ti

But this is interesting nonetheless 

if you ever thought it would, well. you shoulda cut back on the drugs a long time ago

4 minutes ago, Prysin said:

if you ever thought it would, well. you shoulda cut back on the drugs a long time ago

Yes i thought it would. Or at least around 1080 ti (give or take 5%) 

Its a flagship card, for me its normal to expect it will compete against flagship too. 

Apparently, expecting flagship to compete against flagship isn't normal for you and make me look delusional. Nice.

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

Its a flagship card, for me its normal to expect it will compete against flagship too. 

Vega was in the works for almost a year, so it was designed to compete with Nvidia's former GeForce Flagship, the GTX 1080 ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Its Not Important said:

Yes i thought it would. Or at least around 1080 ti (give or take 5%) 

I believe this might be a stepping stone gen for their possible infinity fab gpu with hbm2?

just work out the kinks with hbm2/etc then work on infinity fab part

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Vega was in the works for almost a year, so it was designed to compete with Nvidia's former GeForce Flagship, the GTX 1080 ;)

Fair enough.... i just thought they might be smarter and thinking about 1080 ti too.

11 minutes ago, pas008 said:

what are you talking about its not even optimized but still performed descent in games, have you done spec vs spec with titan x?

Yes, it performs decently. But that's because the card is such an enormous powerhouse in the first place. Imagine two Porche 911s, one optimized for the Nurburgring Nordschliefe vs one optimized for the Brickyard 400. While both cars would be able to easily complete their opposite's tracks in good time, on the track they are tuned for they would be significantly faster than on the one they aren't.