What Car Should I Get For Under $70,000?

Max_Settings
2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i said ''get it custom'' like in...put it in a tuning shop and choose your options...there are an infinite amount of customisation and upgrades that can be done to this car both aestetic and performance wise.

They guy/gal/kid is clueless.

You are right though, any ole shop can do upgrades and customizations. Any hick town in the middle of nowhere can do it.

3 hours ago, vetali said:

GT350(r) would be an option if you don't like the ZL1. 

Repeating

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i said ''get it custom'' like in...put it in a tuning shop and choose your options...there are an infinite amount of customisation and upgrades that can be done to this car both aestetic and performance wise.

Also like I said I want something that doesn't look like a regular 30K car. I don't want a race car or drag car.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Also like I said I want something that doesn't look like a regular 30K car. I don't want a race car or drag car.

What do you want then?

Go onto Kijiji or Craigslist or Autotrader websites and start filtering.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

They guy/gal/kid is clueless.

You are right though, any ole shop can do upgrades and customizations. Any hick town in the middle of nowhere can do it.

How many times do I have to tell you people that if I am spending 70K on a car I don't want it to be a car that anyone can buy from a dealer for 25K. I don't want a modded drag car. I want a car that is actually expensive.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

How many times do I have to tell you people that if I am spending 70K on a car I don't want it to be a car that anyone can buy from a dealer for 25K. I don't want a modded drag car. I want a car that is actually expensive.

Dealer prices go far above that. And it will still be like any other car. Maybe a Hyundai Accent is $25K new. Any decent new car is $50K min. and you are no different then your neighbor with the same car. Having all the options n shit, starts climbing fast. Go to any new car dealer lot.

So you want a custom paint job then, plus if you dont want it like any other car on the road, you need a body kit, and mods.

7 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I do like the Guilia I have stated that many times. Like I have said it is too expensive, and I don't trust the brand yet. I understand that it is an incredible car. I am looking at used M3/M4s and C43 AMGs. Not a massive Caddy fan to tell you the truth.

what options are you getting?  the only package I'm seeing is basically the adaptive cruise control.  I mean adaptive cruise is pretty sweet but I wouldn't have any issues buying a QV without it.  really the only thing I'd add is a different color cause I hate that red it comes in standard.  Its also absurd that they charge to paint it a different color... but everyone is doing that these days in that price range

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Just now, warmmilk said:

what options are you getting?  the only package I'm seeing is basically the adaptive cruise control.  I mean adaptive cruise is pretty sweet but I wouldn't have any issues buying a QV without it.  really the only thing I'd add is a different color cause I hate that red it comes in standard.  Its also absurd that they charge to paint it a different color... but everyone is doing that these days in that price range

I was keeping the red, swapping the rims because I don't like the stock ones, then adding the upgraded speakers, and then the tech packages, and I added the carbon fiber steering wheel because literally everything else in that car inside and out is carbon fiber and it would be a sin to not complete the package.

70k for a car.... seems someone has monies to burn.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Candy + Flake paint job

2 tone

Love it

day dreamin more like it. Has no clue what he/she wants. Doesnt know their own preference in vehicle looks. Doesnt know options to take. But I will continue to play along for awhile.

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

70k for a car.... seems someone has monies to burn.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

AS I said.. RS3.. Luxury AF interior, and does not look much like the normal one. Also they make the 5pot Engine crackle and pop in stock form when you go into sport mode. Super quiet in normal mode. 

Audi-A3-Clubsport-Quattro-1.jpg

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, yathis said:

Candy + Flake paint job

2 tone

Love it

I am going to have to respectfully ask you to no longer comment on this post. I have told you at least 5 times that I do not want mods and you continue to keep telling me to get them.

Just now, Not_Sean said:

AS I said.. RS3.. Luxury AF interior, and does not look much like the normal one. Also they make the 5pot Engine crackle and pop in stock form when you go into sport mode. Super quiet in normal mode. 

Actually I really like this thing. I might have to look at it.

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I was keeping the red, swapping the rims because I don't like the stock ones, then adding the upgraded speakers, and then the tech packages, and I added the carbon fiber steering wheel because literally everything else in that car inside and out is carbon fiber and it would be a sin to not complete the package.

lol, so basically the reverse of me... I got only the color, and you got everything besides the color (and seats)

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Actually I really like this thing. I might have to look at it.

@Max_Settings just checked it, $69 575 fully spec'd up, and you can get it for cheaper if you buy off the show floor and get what ever color they have in stock.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3/2018/configurator#8VMRWY_A_0-50378_A_2018/8VMRWY0_2018|Y6Y6|QB|5MB|PAV|WPR|PAB|PNK|PPZ|PEH|4X4 

Just go watch some of the reviews. its a truely epic car. such USA only gets it in sedan as find the RS3 hatchback really unique and more practical. and this is from a guy who owns a A3. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Not_Sean said:

@Max_Settings just checked it, $69 575 fully spec'd up, and you can get it for cheaper if you buy off the show floor and get what ever color they have in stock.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs3/2018/configurator#8VMRWY_A_0-50378_A_2018/8VMRWY0_2018|Y6Y6|QB|5MB|PAV|WPR|PAB|PNK|PPZ|PEH|4X4 

Just go watch some of the reviews. its a truely epic car. such USA only gets it in sedan as find the RS3 hatchback really unique and more practical. and this is from a guy who owns a A3. 

Yeah I speced it out the way I want with basically everything besides the dynamic plus package and it is only 64K. That and the S5 I am seriously considering.

56 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Not going to lie, not a huge Porsche fan, I respect the brand and I know they are incredible cars, but I have never really liked their styling. Hellcat is a stupid car, only made to go fast in a straight line, and is not versatile at all. One trick pony car. The ZL1 for instance is really fast in a straight line and is faster around Nurburing than something like a 570s, 

What if you got a used Dodge Viper?

Just now, lilbman said:

What if you got a used Dodge Viper?

I'm not trying to die

Maserati Ghibli

MSRP $71,600

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Maserati Ghibli

MSRP $71,600

Absolutely terrible car with terrible build quality and way overpriced. A 70K luxury car with a ton of parts borrowed out of the Dodge Dart. The market agrees because you can pick up a 2014 under 40K. Look at the panel gap between the door and B pillar. *notice you can see the white paint of the car through the gap.

doug-demuro-zeroes-in-on-the-maserati-ghiblis-bad-points-117077_1.thumb.jpg.53d5aad36ab93dd399ceadfd767d766e.jpg

Infiniti Q series

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Infiniti Q series

Too basic, and the high end ones are too large.

7 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I'm not trying to die

Jaguar F-Type

Just now, lilbman said:

Jaguar F-Type

Maybe a used one. However Jaguars loose money faster than the government at this point. A year old F-Type that was a 110K new, is now worth under 70K with less than 20K miles. I fear that in another year or two it will be worth in the 40-50K range.

What about Nissan X-Trail 2017? Or Lexus NX200t?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol