What Car Should I Get For Under $70,000?

Max_Settings
1 minute ago, yathis said:

I am ready!

I thought I politely asked you to not comment on this thread? 

20 hours ago, LegendKillerRG said:

I'd recommend a 2017 Miata(Shell) with LS3 Swap with better shocks, wider rims/tires. And all the necessary stuff. I personally like to drive in a fun car. Preferable a lightweight car with decent horsepower like a BRZ(I've driven a 2006 S2000 and it was fun and felt light. Used to have a RSX-S and it was really fun driving that car). Cars like the WRX STI is just getting too heavy and its horsepower isn't doing it anymore. Sure you can get all the horsepower you want but it's not the same experience as having a lighter car and for me, it's having fun. Also note that lighter car have a faster turning speed at the corner than a heavier car with nearly or more than twice the horsepower of a lighter car. I also like to drive around town so doing 0-60 in 2-3 seconds(Not that I have done it) isn't as fun as having the fun of stepping on that gas peddle and watching RPM/MPH meter go from 0-60. If I were to built a Miata LS3 swap with 500HP, I'd tune the final drive all the way so that I get more MPH per gear rather than performance per gear. 

Like I have told other users I am not interesting in getting a cheap car and modding it, I don't want a drag car.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

I thought I politely asked you to not comment on this thread? 

I did not see that, but I am giving you relevant information pertaining to your OP, so I dont see a problem really.

1 minute ago, yathis said:

I did not see that, but I am giving you relevant information pertaining to your OP, so I dont see a problem really.

You were harassing me and are not giving any relevant info.

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

You were harassing me and are not giving any relevant info.

Naw mate, I wasnt harrassing you, and yes I clearly am now giving you relevant info.

Did you go through the list I provided?

I will see what I can find for you.

I just finished reading this article.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g4277/the-13-best-cars-under-100000-dollars/

I am fond of the Lotus myself oh and the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R which is $63,000 which fits right into your price range. It does look different then any other Mustang on the road.

Here is another article

http://www.autobytel.com/car-buying-guides/features/luxury-cars-under-60-000-with-the-most-bang-for-the-buck-127903/

but they seem to be $50K max, so not in your price range.

3 minutes ago, yathis said:

Naw mate, I wasnt harrassing you, and yes I clearly am now giving you relevant info.

Did you go through the list I provided?

I will see what I can find for you.

I just finished reading this article.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g4277/the-13-best-cars-under-100000-dollars/

I am fond of the Lotus myself oh and the Ford Shelby Mustang GT350R.

No not interested in Lotus at all, and the 350R is a great car, but it's a track car. I am looking for something that is a bit more daily drivable 

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

No not interested in Lotus at all, and the 350R is a great car, but it's a track car. I am looking for something that is a bit more daily drivable 

I love Lotus, but with todays market it just doesn't have a place, Hot hatches are killing it around the track and handling great and they were never that fast. They nice but yeah I'd rather have a GTi to play with again than one of them. 

The GT350R is a animal, its a pure weekend car, Don't think anyone in your neighborhood will tolerate you driving it to work every day not to mention your own eardrums.

The Tesla suggestion was actually a pretty solid one. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

I love Lotus, but with todays market it just doesn't have a place, Hot hatches are killing it around the track and handling great and they were never that fast. They nice but yeah I'd rather have a GTi to play with again than one of them. 

The GT350R is a animal, its a pure weekend car, Don't think anyone in your neighborhood will tolerate you driving it to work every day not to mention your own eardrums.

The Tesla suggestion was actually a pretty solid one. 

Yeah I can pick up a used Model S 85 for under 50K, might have to take a look.

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Yeah I can pick up a used Model S 85 for under 50K, might have to take a look.

Go this weekend and get some test drives in. my money is still on the Audi's. but I am very bias towards them. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Go this weekend and get some test drives in. my money is still on the Audi's. but I am very bias towards them. 

Well I have to find a place that has used Model S'. I was just looking at the used ones on Tesla's site. But right now the RS3 is really peaking my interests.

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

Well I have to find a place that has used Model S'. I was just looking at the used ones on Tesla's site. But right now the RS3 is really peaking my interests.

What about Audi S5 or whatever the model is called but with s an audi

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

1 minute ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

What about Audi S5 or whatever the model is called but with s an audi

Yeah I also like that because it is a coupe. But the RS3 has a 0-60 time of 3.9s, and the S5 is 4.4s. Plus the 5 cylinder engine on the RS3 is really unique and I find that really cool.

20 hours ago, vetali said:

ZL1 is pretty close to the Z06, without the overheating issues.

I had that same mindset before I bought my C6. I thought "Meh, the Camaro will be just fine, it will still be an SS and it will still be fast and what not"  Then I realized its about 5-600 lbs heavier than my current C6 and that's what made the decision for me. If you take it to the track yeah you'll have problems, under normal driving conditions the car is just fine. Plus, the aftermarket has already taken care of the cooling problems if OP is really that serious, but I don't think OP will be taking his car to the track very much.

The new Mustang is pretty awesome (GT350R)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

25 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The new Mustang is pretty awesome (GT350R)

Yes it is, but it's a dedicated track car. Looking for something that is better for a daily driver/

31 minutes ago, EricTrujillo said:

I had that same mindset before I bought my C6. I thought "Meh, the Camaro will be just fine, it will still be an SS and it will still be fast and what not"  Then I realized its about 5-600 lbs heavier than my current C6 and that's what made the decision for me. If you take it to the track yeah you'll have problems, under normal driving conditions the car is just fine. Plus, the aftermarket has already taken care of the cooling problems if OP is really that serious, but I don't think OP will be taking his car to the track very much.

No not looking for a track car.

38 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

No not looking for a track car.

As I thought, maybe not even a Z06, get a Grand Sport for less than 70k now a days. It's blazing fast, its fairly practical and its got the widebody like a Z06. As much as I love the ZL1 and the Camaro platform in general, I wouldn't spend 70k on one. I'd spend 60-65k on a Grand Sport, and take the rest of the money and go on vacation.

So many options! Interesting thread.

I'll throw in my 2 cents and say don't buy anything brand new unless you're just returning it after the lease is up. The value simply isn't there when most cars depreciate quite a bit once they're driven off the lot. You can get quite nice vehicles that are a lot older for a lot less. Aston Martin DB9 for example, and no, they're not as expensive to live with as you might think.

I wouldn't go for a domestic car just because their quality is generally still quite low. The plastics in them are still (for the most part) pathetic.

Whatever you do, make sure it has cooled seats. Best option ever.

On 2017-06-27 at 7:19 PM, Zando Bob said:

-snip-

EDIT: and yeah, depending on the car, V8s can suck a lot of fuel. I've got no idea how much gas my dad's '88 Mustang GT 5.0 needs, but I know the 4.6L V8 in my Mountaineer isn't that good. 14MPG is about as good as it gets, though a I think I may have gotten 15-16 once or twice.

I still can't believe Ford has such poor efficiency from its engines. To get the same fuel economy as a car over 1000 lbs heavier that has a smaller (albeit barely) engine is just sad.

On 2017-06-27 at 8:48 PM, Max_Settings said:

Every single one way over budget, but to critique them anyway.

1. I don't have insane amounts of money to spend on old Ferrari maintenance after spending that much money on a car

2, Like I said I respect Porsche, but don't like their styling

3. That's my dad's dream car, I like them, but think they are a bit expensive for what they are

4.  A 10 year old British car, need I say more

5. I am looking at those, but that one is really expensive. 

4. To be fair, there are a lot of parts shared with VW iirc. They're rather reliable.

5. Pricing is in CDN if you look closely. They're all well within your budget.

On 2017-06-27 at 9:14 PM, Max_Settings said:

Maybe a used one. However Jaguars loose money faster than the government at this point. A year old F-Type that was a 110K new, is now worth under 70K with less than 20K miles. I fear that in another year or two it will be worth in the 40-50K range.

Same is true with virtually every new car. I, personally, would never buy a brand new off the lot car for that very reason unless you're planning to simply lease for the rest of your life.

On 2017-06-27 at 9:33 PM, GlassBomb said:

I know that this will sound a bit silly. But I'm a sucker for wagons.

RS3 Sportback would be super cool, But I don't think that's an option for you. I personally oogled a little bit at the BMW 330i Sports Wagon, as well as the E Class wagon.

Ughhhh AMG E Class wagons are pure sex. There's one with matte bronze wheels I'd drool over every time I saw it.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

Yes it is, but it's a dedicated track car. Looking for something that is better for a daily driver/

Really? The GT350 is just as much a DD as the Camaro you were considering at the beginning is...

Neither is all that great for it. Depending on what your needs are, of course.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Really? The GT350 is just as much a DD as the Camaro you were considering at the beginning is...

Neither is all that great for it. Depending on what your needs are, of course.

I was mentioning more the GT350R. The GT350 I would consider on the same level as the ZL1, the GT350R is a more stripped down track car.

On 6/27/2017 at 10:15 PM, Max_Settings said:

I've been thinking about that, but I don't know if i can bring myself to pay $40,000 for a Focus

I'd get an STi over a fuckin' Ford anyday. The new 2018 STi's are wicked.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

57 minutes ago, Statik said:

About as "wicked" as a can of axe bodyspray. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, Statik said:

Yeah, I like those, but I want something a bit cooler. Plus those only come in manual. I know how to drive manual, but I wouldn't want to drive one everyday for a daily driver.

BMW M3/M4/M5 take your pick

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

About as "wicked" as a can of axe bodyspray. 

What's wrong with Subies?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, Statik said:

What's wrong with Subies?

Nothing just from a performance standpoint it lags behind the Ford focus RS by a lot. They need to completely revamp it in my view.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.