[OFFICIAL] Intel Announces Skylake-X w/ IPC Gain over Skylake-S: i9-7980XE Bringing 18-Cores at $1999, specs TBD until Threadripper

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

I might be off on PCI lanes, but what exactly would you need more ? what you running in your rig ? 

3-4 gpus depending on the month and what I feel like benchmarking. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Unless my speculations on price at 899 and the existence of a 36 core version, AMD was prophetic in calling their new offering threadRIPper!!! am i rite!?!!?!?!?!

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, $599 for a 8c/16t part with seems pretty damn nice.  Still offers more CPU PCIe lanes (28 vs 16) then the 1800x and 24 chipset lanes.  Improved IPC and more overclocking headroom.  Not too bad if you ask me.  

With a 4.3GHz boost on the 7820X, imagine the clock speeds achievable on these suckers. HEDT hitting 5GHz+ with ease? Tinkering is gonna be fun. I've already got my plan laid out for the 7820X and an ASUS RGB (yes, I'm an RBG sucker) mobo. I'll likely get it in August ~ September area to ensure the new platform kinks get straightened out. 

Overall, very excited to get an 8 core CPU at $599 which will undoubtedly be faster than anything Ryzen has to offer. But thanks to AMD for making these prices more reasonable. :D 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah the 7800X is the best value X299 CPU tho... Its MSRP is $389, so less than $350 in Microcenter :ph34r:

I have a Microcenter 40 mins away from me. Wonder if it'll be worth it to get my X299 Mobo and 7820X.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

With a 4.3GHz boost on the 7820X, imagine the clock speeds achievable on these suckers. HEDT hitting 5GHz+ with ease? Tinkering is gonna be fun. I've already got my plan laid out for the 7820X and an ASUS RGB (yes, I'm an RBG sucker) mobo. I'll likely get it in August ~ September area to ensure the new platform links get straightened out. 

Overall, very excited to get an 8 core CPU at $599 which will undoubtedly be faster than anything Ryzen has to offer. But thanks to AMD for making these prices more reasonable. :D 

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

I have a Microcenter 40 mins away from me. Wonder if it'll be worth it to get my X299 Mobo and 7820X.

I doubt we'll see a legit 5 GHz out of an 8c/16t part, but it will damn sure clock considerably higher then the competitor's.  That combined with the stuff previously mentioned an the $100 difference is an easy decision.  

I'm lucky to have 2 Micro Centers close with a 3rd still within reasonable driving distance.  MC is definitely the place to go for boards and CPUs.  Even with taxes, they often beat out most online retailers.  

48 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

With a 4.3GHz boost on the 7820X, imagine the clock speeds achievable on these suckers. HEDT hitting 5GHz+ with ease? Tinkering is gonna be fun. I've already got my plan laid out for the 7820X and an ASUS RGB (yes, I'm an RBG sucker) mobo. I'll likely get it in August ~ September area to ensure the new platform kinks get straightened out. 

Heat management is what becomes a big problem at the higher core counts.  Not long term saturation, but  just getting the heat off the silicon.  Cooling 18 cores is going to be insane (it was pretty tough even with 5960X's).   Can't wait to revive my 1 degree C water direct die setup on it and see how far it can go.

Probably going to also run into people maxing out 8+4 pin CPU power pins (~450W) and power supplies not able to supply enough current on a given rail.  It's going to be delicious. I'm getting aroused just thinking of hitting 600W on a CPU.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

5 hours ago, done12many2 said:

6 core is right about the sweat spot today for someone trying to run a single well balanced setup.  With that said, those who bought 6 or 8 cores a year or two ago were viewed as extremists.  :D

Just a heads up, but AMD announced that they would have 60 PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU on Threadripper, plus 4 off of the chipset. That sounds quite interesting

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11482/amd-cpu-updates-threadripper-64-pcie-lanes-epyc-june-20th

This means that the two die MCM chip will feature 4 DDR4 channels and a whopping 64 lanes of PCIe, with all 64 lanes being enabled for all ThreadRipper SKUs. This will be broken up into 60+4: 60 lanes directly from the CPU for feeding PCIe and M.2 slots, and then another 4 lanes going to the chipset (with an undisclosed number of lanes then coming off of it) to drive basic I/O, USB, and other features. AMD seems to be particularly relishing the point on PCIe lanes in light of the yesterday’s Intel HEDT announcement, which maxes out at 44 lanes and no chip below $1000 actually has all of them enabled.

Edited by NuclearKing
Added source, and a quote from Anandtech

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

Well,next we will have to see who wins the race of getting X499,Intel or AMD,xD

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Well,next we will have to see who wins the race of getting X499,Intel or AMD,xD

Since Intel changes platforms faster, look for the end of 2018. :)  2019 brings AMD's X599. 

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

Since Intel changes platforms faster, look for the end of 2018. :)  2019 brings AMD's X599. 

Maybe IBM,lol (jk)

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

The 8 core doesn't even compete with Ryzen why don't they see that... Yes im aware its going to be better but not anywhere near enough better to justify the price hike.

Ryzen 8 core platform total cost (cpu, mobo, cooler):

£353

8 core i7:

CPU £570

X299 Motherboard ~£200 (~speculative but generous minimum)

Basic Bitch Aircooler £30 (that you won't be able to perform any overclock on as these will run hot @ stock)

Total ~ £800

So cost is over 2x will performance be anywhere near twice as good? No it won't, Intel learn how to price competitively or don't as your fan drones will buy these "far superior" systems anyway because we the consumers are dumb, with the fancy condom style box with "Great for VR" on the front (LOL). Oh and on top of all the above after paying this huge premium they aren't even soldered so its going to run hooooooooot xD come on people take a stand and stop letting Intel pull your pants down...

8 hours ago, NuclearKing said:

Just a heads up, but AMD announced that they would have 60 PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU on Threadripper, plus 4 off of the chipset. That sounds quite interesting

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11482/amd-cpu-updates-threadripper-64-pcie-lanes-epyc-june-20th

Exactly this. People saying RIP threadripper will be in for quite a shock when a) it costs half as much b) isn't an unsoldered furnace c) isn't that far behind on performance (Intel won't be far enough ahead to justify the price tag) and d) has more PCIe lanes than any of the Intels, which as you stated don't start until over $1000. So if threadripper comes in at $1000-1200 then no one at Intel will be laughing.

16 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

So cost is over 2x will performance be anywhere near twice as good? No it won't, Intel learn how to price competitively or don't as your fan drones will buy these "far superior" systems anyway because we the consumers are dumb, with the fancy condom style box with "Great for VR" on the front (LOL). Oh and on top of all the above after paying this huge premium they aren't even soldered so its going to run hooooooooot xD come on people take a stand and stop letting Intel pull your pants down...

5 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Exactly this. People saying RIP threadripper will be in for quite a shock when a) it costs half as much b) isn't an unsoldered furnace c) isn't that far behind on performance and d) has more PCIe lanes than any of the Intels, which as you stated don't start until over $1000. So if threadripper comes in at $1000-1200 then no one at Intel will be laughing.

I vote @tom_w141 to lead the revolution!!  xD

Both are going to be great chips.  Both are going to make some sales.  Both are going to have advantages.  The sky is not falling.  Life is good.  

5 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I vote @tom_w141 to lead the revolution!!  xD

Both are going to be great chips.  Both are going to make some sales.  Both are going to have advantages.  The sky is not falling.  Life is good.  

That made me smile but I'm saying it for the good of everyone. If we just stood up for ourselves even a little for example saying not soldering is not ok then it would be better for everyone. Paying whatever Intel ask and getting whatever they wanna give you is NOT healthy for the consumer. You get a raw deal and you pay for the privilege. I genuinely hope that sales are lower than they projected and that there is some uproar regarding the TIM issue, because its the only way to make them listen. Vote with your wallets!

They are just sat there like "I bet you they still buy these even if we stick the IHS down with old gum" "fuck me they actually did, right scrap any R&D on improving thermals they seem content to take our shit"

Edited by tom_w141

28 lanes on a $600 cpu is Intel's way of screwing their consumers up the fucking ass. And some of you seem to enjoy it...  For x99 a $600 cpu gives you 40 lanes! 

Anyone want x299, wait for threadripper.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

55 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

That made me smile but I'm saying it for the good of everyone. If we just stood up for ourselves even a little for example saying not soldering is not ok then it would be better for everyone. Paying whatever Intel ask and getting whatever they wanna give you is NOT healthy for the consumer. You get a raw deal and you pay for the privilege. I genuinely hope that sales are lower than they projected and that there is some uproar regarding the TIM issue, because its the only way to make them listen. Vote with your wallets!

They are just sat there like "I bet you they still buy these even if we stick the IHS down with old gum" "fuck me they actually did, right scrap any R&D on improving thermals they seem content to take our shit"

Come on man.  I agree that they should have soldered if they could have.  None of us know with any certainty that they could have reliably.  We can speculate this fact all we want, but the simple fact of the matter is we don't design or manufacture these things.  The guys that do ain't hanging out on LTT adding to the AMD vs Intel debate.  

The other side to your Intel "fuck them" comments could viewed as AMD sitting around for the last decade saying "Well, we can't compete with Intel right now, so lets make something to make some money off of these idiots and let's make sure it runs HOT AS FUCK because we know our fan base will buy it because it's cheaper".  "Once we finally make something good like Zen, we can undercut pricing, because we're good at that shit, and shake up the market.  Until then, we're going to leave our fan base high and dry and sell them mediocre shit to make some coin until we figure it the fuck out."

I know.  Sounds ridiculous.  

Do I want soldered chips?  Yes.  Do I want the best performing chip I can buy?  Yes. 

With that said, if the best performing chip already arrives to me soldered, easy day bud.  Pop that sucker in, increase multi and voltage and I'm off to the races.  If that chip arrives to me and needs to be delidded, but is still the best performing chip I can buy, well the install just got a little longer (insert delid), but I'll still make it happen.  

All I care about is how it performs overclocked.  Value is secondary to me.  Don't get me wrong, value isn't completely irrelevant to me, but definitely secondary.

You and I approach value a little differently.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I'm just saying there's another side. 

90% of my posts have something to do with Intel in some favorable way.  Yes, I'm biased, but I'm not far from stupid.  90% of your post here on LTT are favorable in some way to AMD.  I don't think your stupid either.  You may be ugly, but I don't know that.  xD

15 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Come on man.  I agree that they should have soldered if they could have.  None of us know with any certainty that they could have reliably.  We can speculate this fact all we want, but the simple fact of the matter is we don't design or manufacture these things.  The guys that do ain't hanging out on LTT adding to the AMD vs Intel debate.  

The other side to your Intel "fuck them" comments could viewed as AMD sitting around for the last decade saying "Well, we can't compete with Intel right now, so lets make something to make some money off of these idiots and let's make sure it runs HOT AS FUCK because we know our fan base will buy it because it's cheaper".  "Once we finally make something good like Zen, we can undercut pricing, because we're good at that shit, and shake up the market, but until then, we're going to leave our fan base high and dry and sell them mediocre shit to make some coin until we figure it the fuck out."

I know.  Sounds ridiculous.  

Do I want soldered chips?  Yes.  Do I want the best performing chip I can buy?  Yes. 

With that said, if the best performing chip already arrives to me soldered, easy day bud.  Pop that sucker in, increase multi and voltage and I'm off to the races.  If that chip arrives to me and needs to be delidded, but is still the best performing chip I can buy, well the install just got a little longer (insert delid), but I'll still make it happen.  

All I care about is how it performs overclocked.  Value is secondary to me.  Don't get me wrong, value isn't completely irrelevant to me, but definitely secondary.

You and I approach value a little differently.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I'm just saying there's another side. 

90% of my posts have something to do with Intel in some favorable way.  Yes, I'm biased, but I'm not far from stupid.  90% of your post here on LTT are favorable in some way to AMD.  I don't think your stupid either.  You may be ugly, but I don't know that.  xD

I don't try to mindlessly support anyone (I know you didn't say I did) I will genuinely buy whatever gives me the greatest product for my money, I'm using a green team GPU after all even though i'd still advise anyone buying <1070 would be better served by the 570/580 imo.  

My post history may be AMD skewed but looking closer you will see that is mainly in the realm of the R5 i5 debate which I feel the need to weigh in strongly when people like Linus are telling the less informed to buy locked i5s (or i5s at all) in 2017 when there is a 6 core 12 thread sat there and costing less. Yes my very recent ones are surrounding X299 but that is because Intel is doing some weird stuff imo (an i5?! and not soldering...).

As for can they can't they solder well they soldered X99 and physically X299 doesn't seem to differ much it is still a monolithic die and they have soldered smaller so I refuse to believe they can't.

Thank you for replying like a normal person you are far more fun and reasonable to debate with.

However the "AYYYYYYYYYYY WHERES YOUR THREADRIPPER NOW AMD WE GOT 18 CORES BOIIII" posters need smacking down a peg or 2 hence the theadripper post :P

EDIT: Opps missed some in my response: Yes bulldozer was a shambles but I think selling FX wasn't that bad after all they couldn't just halt sales could they? They need money for development :P Also not making excuses but in the last few years they had a lot of higher ups reshuffling which causes delays. I however am not a fan boy and am pissed they delayed VEGA another 2 months... I was hoping for some GPU competition this summer.

Oh and the stuff in speech bubbles is only semi serious and intended as humour also. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if meetings to that effect took place (using different vocabulary ofc). As someone else said, makers of delidding kits are going to make bank with X299

Well I basically am no Intel-AMD hater,but stuff I hate Intel for.. they don't make it affordable

For Example.Intel Makes a 4 Core with HT for $300-350,at that same price,AMD likes to make a 8 Core,they like to make it affordable.Sure Each manufacturer wants to get the most profit out of there products,but Intel doesn't make their stuff AFFORDABLE for some of us,sure they have made a 1080P gaming king,the G4560 at only MSRP of around $60-80.But that wasn't untill starting of this year,the same processor lineup did not have Hyperthreading for the same cost,its like Intel would say "Lets Give People building budget systems Core 2 Duo/Pentium Dual-Core Performance"  like back in 2010,etc except in that paid G6951 that you paid Intel $50 to unlock hyperthreading for your CPU,probably more worth than the CPU (they closed that service in 2011).And now Intel was butt hurt by Ryzen and start creating it little more affordable,same went with the FX-Series,Phenom Series,and even the Athlon XP/64 days,and Intel hasn't even paid the $1 Billion Dollar fine,as if Intel thinks they are the God of CPU's and (well they certainly in some cases are,but AMD started 3 yrs later Intel (1969=Intel 1971=AMD) and both founders of the companies used to be in the same company,business,etc,Fairchild Semiconductor) and(APPLE FANBOY ALERT:You wouldn't like what I will say) Apple in 2005-2006 put Intel Processors in all of their iMac's,Macbooks (and ditched Powerbook and the PowerPC iMac,as well as the iBook) to make them more expensive,and today,they put AMD GPU's in their top of the line iMac's and MacBooks,wtf.And there is no point in get the $200 Core i5 and the $300 Core i7 (In the X-series) (I know it is "Kaby Lake-X" not "Skylake-X" but both are being released or announced,whatever at the same time) just for paying more for the motherboard (X299 vs Z170/Z270,check the cost first between both,or even a H270,B250 Motherboard can be compared to it)and getting better overclocking (but I dont think anyone would need more than "5" GHz,probably not even more than 4.5-4.7 GHz except if you are linustechtips or Paul's Hardware,BitWit,JayzTwoCents,etc who just overclock stuff to way high for it overvolt and explode or die or blow up the CPU,or just overclock it pointlessly high,or except if you're doing ScrapYardWars and even then,you don't need more) and if you want a high end i9 for cheap,forget about it (except if you are intel and think $2K is less and price a top end server cpu with 4 more cores (now 6 with the launch of one of the latest Xeons) and price it double.. good job intel)

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Core i9 is a terrible name.  

And Threadripper isn't? xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

I could see myself getting the 7820X at $599 but beyond that for simply gaming I don't see the point.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

2 hours ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Well I basically am no Intel-AMD hater,

You lost me somewhere after here. ^

2 hours ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

but stuff I hate Intel for.. they don't make it affordable

For Example.Intel Makes a 4 Core with HT for $300-350,at that same price,AMD likes to make a 8 Core,they like to make it affordable.Sure Each manufacturer wants to get the most profit out of there products,but Intel doesn't make their stuff AFFORDABLE for some of us,sure they have made a 1080P gaming king,the G4560 at only MSRP of around $60-80.But that wasn't untill starting of this year,the same processor lineup did not have Hyperthreading for the same cost,its like Intel would say "Lets Give People building budget systems Core 2 Duo/Pentium Dual-Core Performance"  like back in 2010,etc except in that paid G6951 that you paid Intel $50 to unlock hyperthreading for your CPU,probably more worth than the CPU (they closed that service in 2011).And now Intel was butt hurt by Ryzen and start creating it little more affordable,same went with the FX-Series,Phenom Series,and even the Athlon XP/64 days,and Intel hasn't even paid the $1 Billion Dollar fine,as if Intel thinks they are the God of CPU's and (well they certainly in some cases are,but AMD started 3 yrs later Intel (1969=Intel 1971=AMD) and both founders of the companies used to be in the same company,business,etc,Fairchild Semiconductor) and(APPLE FANBOY ALERT:You wouldn't like what I will say) Apple in 2005-2006 put Intel Processors in all of their iMac's,Macbooks (and ditched Powerbook and the PowerPC iMac,as well as the iBook) to make them more expensive,and today,they put AMD GPU's in their top of the line iMac's and MacBooks,wtf.And there is no point in get the $200 Core i5 and the $300 Core i7 (In the X-series) (I know it is "Kaby Lake-X" not "Skylake-X" but both are being released or announced,whatever at the same time) just for paying more for the motherboard (X299 vs Z170/Z270,check the cost first between both,or even a H270,B250 Motherboard can be compared to it)and getting better overclocking (but I dont think anyone would need more than "5" GHz,probably not even more than 4.5-4.7 GHz except if you are linustechtips or Paul's Hardware,BitWit,JayzTwoCents,etc who just overclock stuff to way high for it overvolt and explode or die or blow up the CPU,or just overclock it pointlessly high,or except if you're doing ScrapYardWars and even then,you don't need more) and if you want a high end i9 for cheap,forget about it (except if you are intel and think $2K is less and price a top end server cpu with 4 more cores (now 6 with the launch of one of the latest Xeons) and price it double.. good job intel)

I see what intel did for x299

i5 = i3

i7 = i5

i9 = i7

:P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list