Galaxy S8 and S8 plus officially unveiled

AG1233

I'll wait for reviews and reports after a month or two. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, Devin92 said:

I am not complaining against other 5.7 inch phones. its already a known fact you cant operate a 5.7 inch phone with one hand prior g6.  without changing physical size tat much, ofc its gonna be better than other 5.7 inches. but with s7 and g5, its already pretty much the limit of one hand operation for most of the users, and now, the same dimension with a taller screen will make it impossible to reach the top of the screen without adjusting your holding position.

I can operate one. I have huge hands ?

4 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'll wait for reviews and reports after a month or two. 

No, just till April 25th, people would've already done crazy stuff with it, and it have already been on techrax' video three times

-- BSOD : ( --

3 hours ago, Senzelian said:

cool, another phone

btw. looks exactly like the G6

But I'd say looks better than G6, and that black colour is pure awesome with amoled display

7 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Preordered mine on minute 1, I better get it with the first shipment!

i ordered at about 3am from Best Buy and it said delivered on the 21st (Or I could pick up in store), so I would assume that to be the case with you.

20 minutes ago, Vanderburg said:

i ordered at about 3am from Best Buy and it said delivered on the 21st (Or I could pick up in store), so I would assume that to be the case with you.

Yeah verizon says devices start shipping the 21st but it also says shipping date subject to change depending on device availability.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

20 hours ago, Zackbare said:

But I'd say looks better than G6, and that black colour is pure awesome with amoled display

You mean that glossy black which we are trying to get rid off of our cases for more than 5 years now? 

33 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

You mean that glossy black which we are trying to get rid off of our cases for more than 5 years now? 

I mena, one cannot tell between body and screen until the screen is turned on, and then that AOD thing makes it more amazing, I like amoled displays for that specific reason.

Also, I'm not trying to get rid of that at least, coz I simply love it. I like it, I manage to handle those fingerprints.

PS- I keep protectors on both screen and back.

On 3/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

I've said this before, I'll say it again:

For an actual cellphone (under 6-inch), 1440P nets you zero visual benefits over 1080P. Want 1440P? Get a tablet then.

Also anything with a screen size exceeding 6 inches is classified as a tablet. Using such devices as smartphones is absolutely moronic.

VR

On 3/29/2017 at 1:42 PM, FloRolf said:

Oh Look, an LG g6! 

oh look a galaxy s7 with less top and bottom bezel

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:49 AM, dizmo said:

• I get a new phone every year because I like having a new toy, and it makes the most sense financially.

I but you get more vertical real estate for the keyboard. 

1. The physical size of the device is almost the same. I think the market is showing that people will take bigger screens if they get the chance, and with the narrower phone it'll likely seem nicer when you hold it in the hand.

2. The larger of the two is quite a bit taller. Almost to the point I'd consider not getting it. Some people with smaller hands will likely go for the smaller one. Or people who are loyal to Samsung and like smaller phones.

There are cheaper devices but they usually fall short in several areas like the camera.

I think the new OnePlus is also rumored to have a curved screen..

That does not make the most financial sense. You can get a lower cost plan after paying off a phone. Perfectly fine to pay extra to get a new phone every year but that does NOT make more financial sense. It actually costs more to do that then going on a two year contract or buying a cheaper phone out right. The plans for getting a new phone every year cost more and you continually pay every month with that extra cost.

I don't think more vertical real estate is necessarily better for keyboards since sometime when spacing out the buttons on a phone you can then miss a key more often in my experience because you have to reach more with your finger(most likely thumb). It all depends on how big your hands are, what position you use, and how you hit the buttons wich would decide how large of a keyboard works best for someone.

You are right about the size. They are more different then I though. On initial view as well as just seeing the screen size it seemed like they were closer in dimensions. After further analysis that day I realized that the actual size of the phones were more different then I though. Still large though for both of them.

The size of the 5.8 in screen one is actually not to wide where it's comfortable to hold. The problem is then just how tall mostly the screen is. It's still a big screen. My phone is 5.39 inches tall. The screen is plenty shorter then the high of the phone. I already think it's at pretty much about just right to be able to use the phone with one hand. People with smaller hands such as a woman tend to have to reach further then I already do and more screen makes is pretty difficult for them.

The S8 is 5.86 inches tall. That screen reaches really far. No way would I be able to use this phone comfortably with one hand. I'd have to use screen tricks that bring the top of the screen down, adjust my hand a lot which isn't comfy, or use two hands. 

I do NOT personally like this trend of really wide or at least tall phones. (S8 isn't wide but way to tall for my liking).

3 hours ago, TheCMan said:

That does not make the most financial sense. You can get a lower cost plan after paying off a phone. Perfectly fine to pay extra to get a new phone every year but that does NOT make more financial sense. It actually costs more to do that then going on a two year contract or buying a cheaper phone out right. The plans for getting a new phone every year cost more and you continually pay every month with that extra cost.

-snip-

You're missing the entire point. I don't want a cheaper phone.

As for the plan, I could. But then I've still paid the higher price at the beginning, and with the pricing in Canada, that works out to a lot more money. The extra cost of the plan alone almost pays for an entire device compared to what you can get from other carriers.

As for the device:

Buy for $800. Sell for $600.

Buy $800 (year 4, I'll end here for sake of the example).

3 year cost, $1,400 with a new phone going into the 4th year . I'm also getting a new phone every year, instead of keeping the same one for three.

Extra cost of a plan from a carrier is likely around $960 over a 2 year term.

That means I'd pay around $1,800, and be stuck with a single phone for at least 2 years.

If I counted the 4 year like my method? The cost would be $2,600.

So explain to me how it's not more financially viable.

Yeah, that's entirely your preference though. I'm the opposite. I actually have to enlarge the keyboards on my phones to get a decent typing experience, thus losing more screen real estate. It's for that reason I was actually considering switching to the new Blackberry. Regardless, you can shrink the keyboard, giving you more screen above it. It's still a win-win situation.

If you go to Asia most women have massive phones. Absolutely massive phones. They don't care too much about having ot use two hands to operate it, and since Asia is generally a much larger market, that's what they'll cater to. The other markets will simply have to adapt.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 03/31/2017 at 11:25 AM, Senzelian said:

I can operate one. I have huge hands ?

I can operate a Note 4 or a Lumia 950 XL one handed. My hands are fairly average sized, and not overly flexible.

But I would rather have a phone that takes two hands at times than phones too small to be effectively operated by anyone with hands larger than Trump's.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.