Extensive Console VS PC Price to Performance Analysis

34 minutes ago, divito said:

Hard to read on dark theme; will check back later.

How do I go in dark Mode to fix it?

I haven't really played around with the posting features too much, but I believe given the formatting of where you paste from, you need to highlight and select "Automatic" for the text color. It's the button beside the emoticon one. I wouldn't advise hitting the remove formatting button (Tx), as you have tables and such. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

5 minutes ago, divito said:

I haven't really played around with the posting features too much, but I believe given the formatting of where you paste from, you need to highlight and select "Automatic" for the text color. It's the button beside the emoticon one. I wouldn't advise hitting the remove formatting button (Tx), as you have tables and such. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Yea, the remove formatting messes up all of the charts

27 minutes ago, PCPartPickerPro9171787 said:

How do I go in dark Mode to fix it?

Dark mode so you can view it (I just found the button my self and holy crap does it make LTT easier to read on this sh*tty TN panel)

Capture.PNG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Dark mode so you can view it (I just found the button my self and holy crap does it make LTT easier to read on this sh*tty TN panel)

Capture.PNG

Thanks

14 minutes ago, divito said:

Never Mind, fixed it

If you guys could ideas me ideas of how to structure PC buying guild, between desktop pcs, laptop pcs, and rather a lack of consoles... that would be great. I want to make a flow chart of what you should buy and why.

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Capture.PNG

Of topic I know but DAMN thanks for that.  I have an ultrawide (so a lot of white space) and as soon as I enabled night theme it was like someone gently caressed my eyeballs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

• Looked at the first one in the list
    • Does not include an optical drive
    • Does not include Wi-Fi
  • Uses a gray market for the OS
  • Uses a gray market/used market for the software
  • There's still a question of what to do with the $60 controller that comes with consoles.
  • Probably doesn't count the games you get for free with XBL Gold or PSN
  • Also automatically assumes everyone wants to play multiplayer.

Yeah no.

EDIT: if you need help figuring out some of the points

• If you're going to build a system "comparable" to a console, you must include as much of everything as possible. Otherwise I'm allowed to deduct the value of said hardware from the console. You can't cherry pick things out.
  • If it's not from the new, official channels, then I can just simply play the waiting game to get any price I want.

The other ones are a can of worms that I don't feel like arguing.

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:
    • Does not include Wi-Fi
  • There's still a question of what to do with the $60 controller that comes with consoles.

Yeah no.

• If you're going to build a system "comparable" to a console, you must include as much of everything as possible. Otherwise I'm allowed to deduct the value of said hardware from the console. You can't cherry pick things out.
  • If it's not from the new, official channels, then I can just simply play the waiting game to get any price I want.

• ooked at the first one in the list
    • Does not include an optical drive (You don't need optical drive anymore)
    • Does not include Wi-Fi (You can use ethernet or buy a $30 usb wifi converter)
  • Uses a gray market for the OS (You can get a windows 7 key for $25)
  • Uses a gray market/used market for the software (I supposed G2A is a "gray market" in the same way ebay is a "grey market")
  • There's still a question of what to do with the $60 controller that comes with consoles. (All ready acounted for a $30 keyboard and mouse combo for destop PCs)
  • Probably doesn't count the games you get for free with XBL Gold or PSN (Forgot to mention this, but I didn't include $60 a year for XBL Gold or PSN beacasuse they give away free games.)
  • Also automatically assumes everyone wants to play multiplayer. (I don't know what you mean)

Yeah no.

EDIT: if you need help figuring out some of the points (I think I countered all your points)

• If you're going to build a system "comparable" to a console, you must include as much of everything as possible. Otherwise I'm allowed to deduct the value of said hardware from the console. You can't cherry pick things out. (Show me what I cherry picked)
  • If it's not from the new, official channels, then I can just simply play the waiting game to get any price I want. (I don't know what you mean)

Are we accounting for the full price of Windows, the ability to buy used games on consoles, and subtracting the market price cost of the wi-fi card and blu-ray player from the consoles since I'm assuming those were omitted from the PC builds.

15 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

Are we accounting for the full price of Windows, the ability to buy used games on consoles, and subtracting the market price cost of the wi-fi card and blu-ray player from the consoles since I'm assuming those were omitted from the PC builds.

Are we accounting for the full price of Windows - No you can buy a key for $25

the ability to buy used games on consoles - Yes but also counteracted the relatively cheapest prices for PC games

subtracting the market price cost of the wi-fi card  - You can use Ethernet or add $50 for a network card (It doesn't change much)

blu-ray player from the consoles since I'm assuming those were omitted from the PC builds. - I was looking a typical build and most people don't care about blue ray players. 

On 3/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Princess Cadence said:

It is funny that you put over 14 hours of effort on this but won't add 10 minutes to figure out how to change the fonts colour in order to please half the audience you expected to check on your work.

I don't think he is required to cater to your minor annoyances, much the same way I would not bother worrying about people looking at it in the night theme because it's really more your problem than anyone else's. It's a bit like being angry that you bought a mac for gaming, and then find out it can't play that many games, so you yell at apple... Because YOU bought a Mac. Furthermore I don't know why you would expect ANYONE to bother dealing with your frankly trivial request when you decide you are going to attack them after they put so much effort into their work in the first place. What is stopping you from changing back from the night theme? You know, I find it funny that you would take the time to leave all these complaints, but you can't take 5 seconds to fix the problem yourself. Wait, where have I heard that before...

9 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:
  • *Looked at the first one in the list*
    • Does not include Wi-Fi
  • *Uses a gray market for the OS*
  • *There's still a question of what to do with the $60 controller that comes with consoles.*
  • *Probably doesn't count the games you get for free with XBL Gold or PSN*
  • *Also automatically assumes everyone wants to play multiplayer.*

Yeah no.

• *If you're going to build a system "comparable" to a console, you must include as much of everything as possible. Otherwise I'm allowed to deduct the value of said hardware from the console. You can't cherry pick things out.*
  • *If it's not from the new, official channels, then I can just simply play the waiting game to get any price I want.*

• You don't need an optical drive for PC games or Wi-Fi for an internet connection (and even then, a DVD drive+WiFi card is really cheap if you feel that your PC needs them). Also, gaming is better over Ethernet than Wi-Fi, and consoles did just fine without Wi-Fi themselves for well over a decade
  • G2A is as grey a marketplace as Gamestop or EBgames
  • You pay to access non Microsoft servers over the internet connection that you also pay for - and those games aren't free as your paying for the service that delivers them.
  • Even in Australia you can buy a good quality Logitec controller styled after the PS3 or Xbox 360 controllers for around $30-$40 (although I still find few games that play well with them-controllers are too imprecise, and that was made more noticeable playing Mechassault 2 on my old Xbox last week)
  • Most people do play multi-player though if given the option
  • Nothing was cherry picked out. Everything that is needed to play games on a PC was included.
  • So if a game was far cheaper second hand than new (typically I see games $20-$40 cheaper second hand), you'd get the new game even if the used copy is in good condition?

Did your mind get blown or something?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

9 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:
    • Does not include Wi-Fi

Yeah no.

• You can get a DVD drive for 15 bucks and you don't really need it
  • The wifi on consoles is almost useless, so you are forced to use ethernet anyway
  • Linux or use a licence from a another PC if you don't like grey market sites
  • Games are still cheaper on PC even if you buy them from a legit seller. There is also a much more games on PC and most of them don't cost 60 dollars. don't forget sites like greenmangaming and humble bundle
  • It doesn't factor
  • What if you don't need a controller, since you don't play twin-stick shooters or fighting games
  • You have to pay for it just to play multiplayer. Most people pay for it for the multiplayer, not the games, which means Sony, Microsoft and now Nintendo are basically selling air.
Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

On 3/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Princess Cadence said:

It is funny that you put over 14 hours of effort on this but won't add 10 minutes to figure out how to change the fonts colour in order to please half the audience you expected to check on your work.

Roood

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

On 3/5/2017 at 10:40 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

Why G2a? Gamestop is more legit than G2 afaik

Also, only one store?

There are several choices to nab used games for cheap.  Best Buy, Wal-Mart, 2nd n Charles, etc. sell used games.  I have actually nabbed games cheaper at those places than Gamestop: like 8 bucks for Shadow of Mordor, 9 bucks for Batman Arkham Knight, 10 bucks for LittleBigPlanet 3 (that was at Wal-Mart brand new).

Heck, I even got used PC games cheaper there than Steam sells.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:44 PM, Alaradia said:

yeah but its the lowest price a pc gamer could get

Which is still not a valid excuse, if someone can't afford, then they can wait for an actually valid copy at the price range they can afford.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

13 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Also, only one store?

There are several choices to nab used games for cheap.  Best Buy, Wal-Mart, 2nd n Charles, etc. sell used games.  I have actually nabbed games cheaper at those places than Gamestop: like 8 bucks for Shadow of Mordor, 9 bucks for Batman Arkham Knight, 10 bucks for LittleBigPlanet 3 (that was at Wal-Mart brand new).

Heck, I even got used PC games cheaper there than Steam sells.

Which is still not a valid excuse, if someone can't afford, then they can wait for an actually valid copy at the price range they can afford.

g2a is a valid copy some of the keys are even from places like walmart people finding them cheap in the bins then adding a small margin and selling them