Nintendo Switch failing to sell according to 4chan

♠FlamieMeister♠
6 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Launch titles was the problem.

No, Nvidia is the problem, it's 35% overpriced. I couldn't give an iota of a shit about the Switch until it's under $250 in EU, VAT included. (€220)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

guys i love 4chan and spend a lot of my time there, but even i would never consider anon as reputable source

unless you're looking for overwatch leaks. 

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

1 hour ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

No, Nvidia is the problem, it's 35% overpriced. I couldn't give an iota of a shit about the Switch until it's under $250 in EU, VAT included. (€220)

How in the hell is Nvidia the problem......

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

My local wally world sold all 14 of theirs in 10 minutes..

In a community of maybe 30k mind you, but still.

5 hours ago, biggiebody said:

The whole point of the thread was saying the Switch is not selling well, you do not take re-sellers into account for that.  You can't count them because it'll double the count and make it invalid, for example if Nintendo sold 5 units, and 5 people bought but those 5 people resold them, it doesn't mean Nintendo sold 10 units.  

So you can't use that because if Nintendo released 1 million units and all got sold than everyone put it up for sell, it doesn't suddenly negate the number sold, they still sold a million units.

If you were discussing demand and using re-sellers, it kinda works but still not really because they are selling over MRSP.  So unless someone really wants it, they are not going to buy it over MRSP.  Also on Amazon, third party users who just launched are very sus.

FYI I live in Houston (4th largest city in US) and just checked Target, BestBuy, Microcenter, and Fry's; pretty much all sold out within 100 miles of my location.

But as I've already said 3 times, that's exactly what everyone was doing with the NES Mini when that sold out, using the 1 or 2 on sale on AMP & EBay for $500 as evidence of how scarce they were but now its the Switch and there's hundreds all of a sudden AMP & EBay don't count?

This is the last time I will repeat this now, there are over 500 Switches on sale on Amazon right now. That's a fact and I've proven it. If demand was high people would be buying them up and yet they aren't, infact in the 12 hours since I looked last night the number on sale has increased by 200.

When Nintendo are only shipping 10s of units per month to retail outlets of course you turn to the resellers to gauge interest, how else are you supposed to do it?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Soooo.... Nintendo has boosted production a lot more than usual (compared to past launches), as they previously said due to the good reception, also due to past complaints. So now it won't be sold out as much, and people complain that they can find it in store? I guess Nintendo can't win.

I am looking online, and it is sold out there and in stores at several places.

18 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Soooo.... Nintendo has boosted production a lot more than usual compared to past launches so that it won't be sold out, and we can see that this is what they have done, and people complain? I guess Nintendo can't win.

I am looking online, and it is sold out there and in stores.

It's so unlike them that I honestly did not even consider that up until now. But you're right they might just have abandoned the artificial scarcity model and if that so Kudos to them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I got my Switch for free :D Only thing I bought was BotW (which is amazing btw) and a few accessories.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

It's so unlike them that I honestly did not even consider that up until now. But you're right they might just have abandoned the artificial scarcity model and if that so Kudos to them.

Nah, I've heard stories of Target stores in major cities getting 15 units to last the entire month. Amazon UK have a notice up saying their entire months stock has gone already and people who pre ordered will have to wit until early April for more stock to arrive.

Nintendo are playing this one exactly as they always do.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Everybody point at Nintendo and laugh, as usual.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1-2 switch should have been bundled nintendo should have just ate that money, it would have made it sell even more and promote good will

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Sorry I forgot to mention, they mentioned that they boosted the production after the good feedback they were getting, and I believe they said that you'll find them in stores.

20 hours ago, suits said:

So it's sold out everywhere (in the US) and selling bad? How does that work? 

The NES classic was also "sold out" everyone but they shipped so little.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Gamestop called the Switch one of their best selling consoles in recent years, eBay has Switches going for $500 (bids too not even buy it now), and yet the Switch is failing... This forum really hates Nintendo for some reason

There's a reason consoles usually launch at the end of the year. 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎03 at 1:43 PM, imreloadin said:

That didn't seem to hinder the sales of the 3DS that much, as of December 31st 2016 they have sold a little under 65.5 million units.

The Playstation Vita on the other hand has been estimated to only have sold around 10 million units by the end of 2015.

The 3DS sold slowly at launch.  It picked up traction as more titles came to the system and they reduced the price.

The PS4 is really the exception to the norm, and only because people were completely STARVED for new consoles so they rushed out to buy a $400 paper weight. 

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Since everyone else is just anecdotal evidence I guess I'll do too.

Here in Sweden, the Switch is sold out in quiet a few stores, but it is by no means hard to get one (unlike the Wii and NES mini were/are). Not sure if that's because it isn't selling as well as those were, or if Nintendo just shipped more units, but in any case I don't think it is a bad thing that it is easy to get. As a consumer, I'd rather not have trouble getting it if I wanted one.

On 2017-03-04 at 4:09 AM, That Norwegian Guy said:

How is that Nvidia's fault? Their chip costs like ~60 dollars (probably even less these days, since it's so old).

Interesting. My local Best Buy stores within a 25 mile radius are sold out. I don't quite believe this. It seems to be selling at a decent rate.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:02 AM, GoodBytes said:

Soooo.... Nintendo has boosted production a lot more than usual (compared to past launches), as they previously said due to the good reception, also due to past complaints. So now it won't be sold out as much, and people complain that they can find it in store? I guess Nintendo can't win.

People claimed the same story with the wii u as well. 

There is a lot more desire for the switch than the wii u had early... or ever in its lifespan. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Here in Denmark, it seems to sell pretty well. I have checked two of the major tech selling websites and they have both sold out.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I bought a switch on Saturday (and got it yesterday) from the official UK Nintendo online store as they where the only place left with some in stock but I think this is down to how Nintendo like to kerb stock to retailers and kept more stock for them selves as Tesco, game, Argos, and every other uk store i checked had sold ou of both colours also less people think to look there to buy one some people probbably dont even know they have an online store 

I lurk a lot

Two questions:

1. Since when was anecdotal evidence a suitable replacement for actual evidence?
  2. Since when was a random anon on 4chan considered a reliable source of information?

29 minutes ago, Daring said:

Two questions:

1. Since when was anecdotal evidence a suitable replacement for actual evidence?
  2. Since when was a random anon on 4chan considered a reliable source of information?

Since the Ryzen hypetrain started picking up speed several months ago.