Nintendo Switch failing to sell according to 4chan

♠FlamieMeister♠
Just now, imreloadin said:

That didn't seem to hinder the sales of the 3DS that much, as of December 31st 2016 they have sold a little under 65.5 million units.

Well if I can speak for anything, I did buy a DS and a 3DS, avoided the Vita and also have no plans of getting the Switch at this point in time.

3 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Its Buzzfeed for crying out loud.

I'll use an example as to why 4chan isn't news.

It's like using Salon to write an article about Donald Trump. It'll inevitably be a shite article.

Same thing can be applied to 4chan in general.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

17 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Launch titles was the problem. The most exciting launch title is also on the wiiu. No reason for those people to go buy a switch.

Said title looks like butt on the WiiU vs the Switch. 

Still, rip those who camped out for no reason. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

So if it did, explain why there is tons of switches just lying in all of the stores? IT may sell out all over the world, but it didn't sell out here in the most likely of all places to sell out.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

So this is what passes as tech news?

*takes notes*

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

So if it did, explain why there is tons of switches just lying in all of the stores? IT may sell out all over the world, but it didn't sell out here in the most likely of all places to sell out.

i am going to wait a week before calling it a failure, i remember when the 3ds was a failure than Pokemon hit.  

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

That's a good question....it has sold out all over online and they're being listed by scalpers left and right. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

So this is what passes as tech news?

*takes notes*

wait.. you are telling me that 4chan is not a news site? 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Remember the Virtual boy? Sent only a few to stores, and they said it "sold out" Because only like 3 to 10 were sent, and since stores have been sent 10 or less switches, its safe to say its probably not that much that were sent out.

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

wait.. you are telling me that 4chan is not a news site? 

If you asked CNN maybe.

i see allot of units laying here in Belgium! so sale is not going that great.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Remember the Virtual boy? Sent only a few to stores, and they said it "sold out" Because only like 3 to 10 were sent, and since stores have been sent 10 or less switches, its safe to say its probably not that much that were sent out.

i am just trying to be optimistic, on the go gaming seems like a dream for me especially with lan multiplayer. 

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i am just trying to be optimistic, on the go gaming seems like a dream for me especially with lan multiplayer. 

Agreed, but the secondary article I posted points out too that sales are going to be low compared to other consoles.

14 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Said title looks like butt on the WiiU vs the Switch. 

Still, rip those who camped out for no reason. 

Well, those people didn't think it was worth paying $350 for upgrades visuals. I don't think the switch will take off until super Mario Odyssey releases

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Just go to reddit. Its sold out everywhere. I managed to get one because I work a block from the NYC Nintendo Store. But besides that every other place is sold out. Period. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Different markets, different demographics, different sales numbers. Its definitely not sold out "everywhere", thats for sure, others it is. But lets be real - the lack of good titles and decent bundling is holding it a bit back right now. Also, quite a lot of people is eiter still waiting, or just recently took delivery of their classic mini. And while some of them might want to buy the Switch at some point, they're not in any hurry, as they're still riding their retro fix.

I can confirm that last night's 3am restock of the switch on Amazon.ca had still not sold out at 3:47am. That was slower than I expected

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

26 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

You're an irrelevant sample size. 

28 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

No manchildren

I find your use of video game choice as a indication of masculinity irritating, but I'd let that slide.

26 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Unless we go with the 4Chan source, this is pretty much ancedotal and even if we ignore that the sample size is small. 

Not it that I think this release will be a success, but it's just too early to call the shots.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

54 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Reportedly, a 4chan user went to best buy to buy a switch at 2:45pm Eastern today, and found that bestbuy had only sold 3 switches. Then the thread began to have more people saying that they visited Walmarts and stores, and found that all of them barely sold or have not at all sold.  In addition, I can back this up, going by a Gamestop AND 2 retail stores only to find switches in stock and no one there really that interested. This is probably due to high prices, and only 1 really exciting title. In addition, analysts project the switch will sell 5 million by the end of the year, which is starkly low compared to the xbox one and ps4 sales, especially for a company like Nintendo, who's only real market is the Video game market. 

I think this could spell bad news for the Giant, as if this fails, theres a high chance they'll quit the home console market all together, as 2 fails in a row would spell dire financial problems. The most likely option is they'll focus on the DS line and dump the home line.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-projected-to-sell-5-million-units-/1100-6448343/

Can you find me a website that has it in stock? No you cant

My favourite Twitch streamer couldn't pick his Switch up until 8am today his local time because his local GameStop didn't have enough pre orders to warrant a midnight opening and he lives in California.

They have more interest in call of rehased duty every year than they did for the Switch.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Amazon UK is sold out, can't get it at Argos at the moment either, haven't looked anywhere else. I'd say UK sales have been on target. And there will be lots of people waiting for the game library to fill out before buying. It's Christmas sales that will really indicate if Nintendo have another Wii or another Wii U.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

Amazon UK is sold out, can't get it at Argos at the moment either, haven't looked anywhere else. I'd say UK sales have been on target. And there will be lots of people waiting for the game library to fill out before buying. It's Christmas sales that will really indicate if Nintendo have another Wii or another Wii U.

Or Nintendo just shipped low numbers as they always do.

Just checked Amazon UK and indeed Amazon are OOS but the Marketplace has 29 available right now.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Or Nintendo just shipped low numbers as they always do.

If they sold pretty much all they shipped it means they hit target, it doesn't mean it was a large target.