Nintendo Switch failing to sell according to 4chan

♠FlamieMeister♠

Reportedly, a 4chan user went to best buy to buy a switch at 2:45pm Eastern today, and found that bestbuy had only sold 3 switches. Then the thread began to have more people saying that they visited Walmarts and stores, and found that all of them barely sold or have not at all sold.  In addition, I can back this up, going by a Gamestop AND 2 retail stores only to find switches in stock and no one there really that interested. This is probably due to high prices, and only 1 really exciting title. In addition, analysts project the switch will sell 5 million by the end of the year, which is starkly low compared to the xbox one and ps4 sales, especially for a company like Nintendo, who's only real market is the Video game market. 

SuperData Research today released a sales forecast report for the Nintendo Switch, the highly anticipated hybrid console from Nintendo that launches on March 3.

The research firm is expecting the console to sell 5 million units by the end of 2017. "Nintendo is gearing up for a slow-and-steady release of its new console," SuperData said. "Launching much earlier in the year than its predecessors, we expect the Switch to initially appeal mostly to the loyal fanbase, before a broader, more mainstream audience adopts it."

If the past is any indication, North America may account for around 45 percent of sales, with Europe (35 percent) and Japan (12) percent following.

"The biggest challenge for Nintendo is to convince console gamers to purchase the Switch as a second device, as many have already committed to a PlayStation 4 (53.4 million install base, worldwide) or Xbox One (26 million)," SuperData said.

I think this could spell bad news for the Giant, as if this fails, theres a high chance they'll quit the home console market all together, as 2 fails in a row would spell dire financial problems. The most likely option is they'll focus on the DS line and dump the home line.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-projected-to-sell-5-million-units-/1100-6448343/

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

Launch titles was the problem. The most exciting launch title is also on the wiiu. No reason for those people to go buy a switch.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Reportedly, a 4chan user went to best buy to buy a switch at 2:45pm Eastern today, and found that bestbuy had only sold 3 switches. Then the thread began to have more people saying that they visited Walmarts and stores, and found that all of them barely sold or have not at all sold.  In addition, I can back this up, going by a Gamestop AND 2 retail stores only to find switches in stock and no one there really that interested. This is probably due to high prices, and only 1 really exciting title. In addition, analysts project the switch will sell 5 million by the end of the year, which is starkly low compared to the xbox one and ps4 sales, especially for a company like Nintendo, who's only real market is the Video game market. 

I think this could spell bad news for the Giant, as if this fails, theres a high chance they'll quit the home console market all together, as 2 fails in a row would spell dire financial problems. The most likely option is they'll focus on the DS line and dump the home line.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-projected-to-sell-5-million-units-/1100-6448343/

Nintendos doom again. Every console release since the N64 has spoken about their doom. Nintendo has way too much money in the bank, and at their worst year, they'd still have enough money to go a few years unphased. Remember that some of their best consoles started out with poor initial sales as well. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

guys i love 4chan and spend a lot of my time there, but even i would never consider anon as reputable source

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Well 4 1, 4 chan is very reputable.

Its not media reporting it, It's people. It's different if it was wffc, but its from people going out to the stores and taking a look. Hell, I even backed it by checking it out myself. 

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

i find that plausible, too big to be a proper handheld, not powerful enough for a living room console, and no games for at least 2 months, also not having 1-2-switch bundled will hurt sales, as 1-2-switch shows you everything the "handsole" can do in terms of features, also it's expensive as all heck for local multiplayer, as you all need a switch or have the expensive joy-cons.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

4 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Its not media reporting it, It's people. It's different if it was wffc, but its from people going out to the stores and taking a look. Hell, I even backed it by checking it out myself. 

I may end up angering a few people, but this is my opinion I'm about to speak, so remember that.

In my experience most people who still continually play Nintendo games are living close to check-to-check or are too young to afford this. Just because launch sales are "bad" doesn't mean it won't sell well. Wait 2-4 weeks and then start to judge the sales.

Once again, just my opinion.

1 minute ago, ivan134 said:

Launch titles was the problem. The most exciting launch title is also on the wiiu. No reason for those people to go buy a switch.

How is this any different that previous Nintendo consoles though?

The Nintendo 64 only launched with 2 games: Super Mario 64 and Pilotwings 64

The Super Nintendo launched with 5 games.

The original Gameboy only launched with 5 games.

Everyone here acts like Nintendo has never done this sort of thing before for some reason...

2 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Nintendo never had such fierce competition and loyalty to certain consoles.

Not to mention we now already have tablets, smart phones, laptops, etc.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, as a kid I loved the super nintendo and n64, but there really wasn't much else out there that could compare with them.

don't worry - the only way to judge how shit a product is - is via the markets - nintendo stock is 7974 (TYO) and NTDOY  - jumped 4 percent today, if sales turn out to be bad, it'll go down 5 tomorrow

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

One person's account does not make an entire product launch.

Especially when I've seen a lot of reports of people waiting in line for one.

it really depends on demographics - the OP could be going to a best buy where it services an area of mainly professionals with no children - or are not home - or can't afford to buy any video game console let alone the switch - 

1 minute ago, imreloadin said:

Everyone here acts like Nintendo has never done this sort of thing before for some reason...

Congrats on 1k Posts, and also, The games on launch for those are good, but having few games at launch, showing great games, and then not releasing them at launch was really stupid. The only game that is really the good one in the launch lineup was BOTW, and the other games has nothing anyone is really interested in.

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

it really depends on demographics - the OP could be going to a best buy where it services an area of mainly professionals with no children - or are not home - or can't afford to buy any video game console let alone the switch - 

I live in an obssesive Nintendo town, including a ton of man children, everyone easily makes over 80k a year, and kids get the new console every time. I mean jesus there a people in the streets wearing Zelda and mario caps and shirts. Yet low to no sales here? Thats real bad.

Just now, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Congrats on 1k Posts, and also, The games on launch for those are good, but having few games at launch, showing great games, and then not releasing them at launch was really stupid. The only game that is really the good one in the launch lineup was BOTW, and the other games has nothing anyone is really interested in.

It's possible Nintendo doesn't care about launch sales.

Just getting it available to purchase so people can buy when they please. Eventually word of mouth spreads far and you might start seeing people playing their Switches on campus or in train stations and that alone may push people closer to buying one themselves.

6 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

The difference is you had to buy those consoles to play those games. You don't have to buy a switch to play botw

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

My friend had her pre-ordered launch console delayed because they ran out of all the stock they were given and told her they would call her when hers was available in the next day or so.

So by the same logic as 4chan i think i can say that the switch is clearly selling out worldwide and that xbox and ps4 are failing because i can go to walmart and get them off the shelf.

how about we wait more than 24 hours people

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

4chan was successful in baiting fucking Buzzfeed. Why are we gonna trust them here?

Its Buzzfeed for crying out loud.

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

I live in an obssesive Nintendo town, including a ton of man children, everyone easily makes over 80k a year, and kids get the new console every time. I mean jesus there a people in the streets wearing Zelda and mario caps and shirts. Yet low to no sales here? Thats real bad.

doesn't that sound a little too convenient? @nerdslayer1  @deXxterlab97 - that sounds like the perfect description of a failed console launch - don't believe everything you read on the internet - sounds just like a flame thread on nintendo

4 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Nintendo never had such fierce competition and loyalty to certain consoles.

Not to mention we now already have tablets, smart phones, laptops, etc.

That didn't seem to hinder the sales of the 3DS that much, as of December 31st 2016 they have sold a little under 65.5 million units.

The Playstation Vita on the other hand has been estimated to only have sold around 10 million units by the end of 2015.

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

doesn't that sound a little too convenient? @nerdslayer1  @deXxterlab97 - that sounds like the perfect description of a failed console launch - don't believe everything you read on the internet - sounds just like a flame thread on nintendo

yup failed badly  https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2017/03/03/nintendo-switch-sells-out-all-over-the-world/#22a81e94a632

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

I didn't believe it until I went out and saw it. Switches and games everywhere, and low to no buyers. No manchildren, no Zelda and Mario people, nothing. Just boxes on boxes of switches. And no, this isn't a flame thread. This is off of actually driving to the stores and taking a look.