Nintendo Switch failing to sell according to 4chan

♠FlamieMeister♠
2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Here in Denmark, it seems to sell pretty well. I have checked two of the major tech selling websites and they have both sold out.

try the nintendo offical store the uk one had units left until yesterday

I lurk a lot

2 minutes ago, peej said:

try the nintendo offical store the uk one had units left until yesterday

it looks like that store still has some of grey model left. I just checked all of the big tech stores here in Denmark and it looks like they all have sold out of the switch, only some few supermarkets has some units left

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

32 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

it looks like that store still has some of grey model left. I just checked all of the big tech stores here in Denmark and it looks like they all have sold out of the switch, only some few supermarkets has some units left

yeah the uk store had grey left so i snapped one up coz i honestly prefer the grey over the super bright neon one to me it looks better and is a little less discrete when playing in public

I lurk a lot

27 minutes ago, The Owl said:

Seen a report at NextPowerUp about Nintendo claiming that dead pixels on the switch are not considered a defect and they won't accept trades.

Source: http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/34344/dead-pixels-on-the-nintendo-switch-arent-defects-says-nintendo/

Sadly, that is the reality of all monitors you buy. Only select Dell monitors have a 0 bright/stuck pixel policy...and again, that is just bright/stuck pixels.

HOWEVER, like a monitor you purchase, you have 15-30 days (in most regions/store. Some retail store even has 90 days) that you can return the product for ANY reason. So you can return your Switch, and buy another one (I recommend to do this over an exchange, to restart the 15 or 30 days (or whatever it is for your retail store of choice) return window, as you have a new bill).

On 3/3/2017 at 3:35 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

One person's account does not make an entire product launch.

Especially when I've seen a lot of reports of people waiting in line for one.

The walmart near me sold out within 3 hours...

On 3/4/2017 at 2:06 AM, Master Disaster said:

But as I've already said 3 times, that's exactly what everyone was doing with the NES Mini when that sold out, using the 1 or 2 on sale on AMP & EBay for $500 as evidence of how scarce they were but now its the Switch and there's hundreds all of a sudden AMP & EBay don't count?

This is the last time I will repeat this now, there are over 500 Switches on sale on Amazon right now. That's a fact and I've proven it. If demand was high people would be buying them up and yet they aren't, infact in the 12 hours since I looked last night the number on sale has increased by 200.

When Nintendo are only shipping 10s of units per month to retail outlets of course you turn to the resellers to gauge interest, how else are you supposed to do it?

I don't know who that everybody is because I'm not one of them, but that's a very dumb way to look at it (not directed at you).  Nintendo doesn't make money from those re-sellers, when they release their final number sold count, they are not counting those re-sellers.  It's similar to how used games work, people re-sell the games, but those don't go into the final count nor does it go into the pocket of the developers so it's not part of the count.

When they say so and so sold 50 million copies, they are not taking into account of re-sellers, and they shouldn't because it'll inflate the number unrealistically. 

If you do want to take into account resellers, you don't look at the number of them are selling, but how much are they selling it for.  Supply and demand, if demand was low they would sell at or below MRSP, if demand was high than they would sell way above MRSP.

Which one is happening right now?

1 hour ago, biggiebody said:

I don't know who that everybody is because I'm not one of them, but that's a very dumb way to look at it (not directed at you).  Nintendo doesn't make money from those re-sellers, when they release their final number sold count, they are not counting those re-sellers.  It's similar to how used games work, people re-sell the games, but those don't go into the final count nor does it go into the pocket of the developers so it's not part of the count.

When they say so and so sold 50 million copies, they are not taking into account of re-sellers, and they shouldn't because it'll inflate the number unrealistically. 

If you do want to take into account resellers, you don't look at the number of them are selling, but how much are they selling it for.  Supply and demand, if demand was low they would sell at or below MRSP, if demand was high than they would sell way above MRSP.

Which one is happening right now?

Thing is though, we're not looking at profitability here, we're looking at consumer interest and like it or not the reseller market is a good indication of demand for a product when official sources have ran dry.

Resellers have them listed above msrp but they're just not selling.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 hours ago, zMeul said:

UK

Switch sold 80k units 1st weekend, twice as much as Wii U launch: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-06-strong-start-for-nintendo-switch-in-the-uk

Amazing, except how many ended up back on the reseller market? I'll take interest at the 3 month sales figures and not before.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Sadly, that is the reality of all monitors you buy. Only select Dell monitors have a 0 bright/stuck pixel policy...and again, that is just bright/stuck pixels.

HOWEVER, like a monitor you purchase, you have 15-30 days (in most regions/store. Some retail store even has 90 days) that you can return the product for ANY reason. So you can return your Switch, and buy another one (I recommend to do this over an exchange, to restart the 15 or 30 days (or whatever it is for your retail store of choice) return window, as you have a new bill).

Except when a product like this is hard to find this option sucks. Return and wait for someplace to stock now you dont have the item you wanted. They should just warranty them. Any phone mauf/ Carrier here in the us would easily swap it.  

Though i guess that reason contradicts the tittle but no best buy  gamestop, walmart, target ect by me has any instock 

On 3/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, ivan134 said:

Launch titles was the problem. The most exciting launch title is also on the wiiu. No reason for those people to go buy a switch.

Exactly, I'm buying BoTW on the Wii U, no reason to buy a Switch till Mario comes out at the ass end of this year, and even then I'm not gonna buy a console just to play a Mario game. Nintendo really should have waited to launch this console this holiday season with a stronger launch, this is looking pretty bad for Nintendo.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

11 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Exactly, I'm buying BoTW on the Wii U, no reason to buy a Switch till Mario comes out at the ass end of this year, and even then I'm not gonna buy a console just to play a Mario game. Nintendo really should have waited to launch this console this holiday season with a stronger launch, this is looking pretty bad for Nintendo.

I won't buy the WiiU version of Zelda (I have a WiiU).

Why? Because the Switch version runs better. And by the end of the year, I'll have Zelda + Mario + indie titles as reasons (and if lucky, a free game bundled... but I have a feeling it will be 1-2-Switch which might as well be nothing). Depending on the version and port quality Skyrim might also be a title of interest to me.. never played it.

9 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I won't buy the WiiU version of Zelda (I have a WiiU).

Why? Because the Switch version runs better. And by the end of the year, I'll have Zelda + Mario + indie titles as reasons (and if lucky, a free game bundled... but I have a feeling it will be 1-2-Switch which might as well be nothing). Depending on the version and port quality Skyrim might also be a title of interest to me.. never played it.

I'm not buying a brand new console just to run a previous gen port a little smoother.

I'll wait 2 years or maybe even more to buy it, when it has a actually decent library. Hell, I might even wait longer and just buy one used down the line. I got burned badly on the Wii U so I'm very skeptical. The Wii U was nothing but game droughts, and so far (way too soon to tell), it's looking like the Switch could deal with that too. I'm still hopeful for the system though, I'm confident it'll turn out way better than the Wii U. I'm just gonna wait to see how it plays out.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Understandable. Despite the drought which didn't affect me, as I have a gaming PC, and most AAA games on other console where on PC. I had a lots of fun with the system. I didn't like the Wii with the exceptions of a few games.... it was like Nintendo didn't care. WiiU, you can see how much effort the company put in their games, and this new Zelda is a testament of how much effort they went with (Although, probably budget was doubled for the game, or increased substantially as it was planned for a while to be a Switch release as well in the executives mind).

I have more WiiU games than Wii games.

I just won't buy a Switch until a proper new Metroid game is released...It's been 10 years and I'm still waiting. :(

How many triple bacon double cheese 3KG cheeseburgers can a Switch hold while being held up by multiple pizzas?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

7 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

I just won't buy a Switch until a proper new Metroid game is released...It's been 10 years and I'm still waiting. :(

Nintendo hears you! Introducing Metroid Federation Force 2! Bringing the best elements of Metroid Other M such as the the same voice acting and story writers, and the fact that you have all weapons but not authorized to use them until told to do so, even if your life in danger.

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Thing is though, we're not looking at profitability here, we're looking at consumer interest and like it or not the reseller market is a good indication of demand for a product when official sources have ran dry.

Resellers have them listed above msrp but they're just not selling.

Supply and demand 101, higher demand higher prices, lower demand lower prices.  The fact that those re-sellers are selling at a much higher cost than MSRP shows that the demand is high.  I guarantee you that if they actually drop it to what it's supposed to be, those would get sold.

Once supply can keep up with demand, those prices over MSRP will disappear.  It's similar to how the 1070 and 1080 were, prices were way over MSRP because supply couldn't keep up with demand.

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Nintendo hears you! Introducing Metroid Federation Force 2! Bringing the best elements of Metroid Other M such as the the same voice acting and story writers, and the fact that you have all weapons but not authorized to use them until told to do so, even if your life in danger.

" Once again featuring unnamed federation brutes with a special surprise appearance from the mighty intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran!  Samus' iconic varia suit will be available as a skin for your unnamed brute as paid DLC this Fall."  (Oh god, please no!)

where i work we had 10 instore on launch day and they all sold, and afaik weve only had a further 1 come in on delivery 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

So far there have been some left in stock at various retailers here in Canada, not a lot but some.

Edit: As others have mentioned, that's not a bad thing. They simply were able to meet demand this time around. You can't assume that because something didnt sell out that it was bad. You also can't get mad when they sell out and get mad when they dont sell out. One or the other people!

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Haven't read the whole thread, but the Switch is OoS on Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target & Walmart for online and in-stores near me. Idk how many Nintendo shipped to each store, but regardless they're unavailable right now.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

GameSpot is saying that the console is selling very well. In fact, they are saying that it is, for them, the strongest console launch in years.

https://gamerant.com/nintendo-switch-gamestop-launch-comparison/

Stop not Spot. GameSpot is a review site.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.