What would you consider the best non-smart phone?

Because of bad grades, my parents have taken away my Pixel until the end of the school year, but have said I can use a flip phone or something similar. Looking for something with good call quality and a qwerty keyboard preferably. Any suggestions?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Just now, RGProductions said:

the cheapest one

Yeah, but most old phones sound like complete shit. I just want something with passable sound quality. Thinking of a Nokia 3310 for the memes,

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

3 minutes ago, MoonKnightSpidey said:

Because of bad grades, my parents have taken away my Pixel until the end of the school year, but have said I can use a flip phone or something similar. Looking for something with good call quality and a qwerty keyboard preferably. Any suggestions?

Nokia 3310

Blackberry Pearl

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3310 (the original, not the modern ripoff) can't be beat.  I use one as my daily driver.

I'd suggest using a prepaid card with it though, as you can't really lock them like a smartphone.

LG EXTRAVERT 2 . I actually own it and after having it for a while, it's not bad. I've asked people that I'm talking to on a call what the sound quality is like for them and they said that I sound completely understandable. I've had no problems hearing people and the keyboard is definitely not the ABSOLUTE best but I've gotten used to it after having it for about a year. It has a camera which is sufficient for taking a photo of something that bis not moving but I mean come on, it's a flip phone camera. I really wish that I could have a pixel though.

p.s I've also dropped it about a million times but it only has minor scratches.

p.p.s I would get a used one off of amazon  because they can be a little pricey at 70 ish dollars on amazon unless you get a deal through your carrier

(really wondering what a 3310 is like though for the lols.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

When I go fishing I take a water proof Samsung bt-some number. Crap camera and crap GPS software but it is indestructible

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

3310 (the original, not the modern ripoff) can't be beat.  I use one as my daily driver.

I'd suggest using a prepaid card with it though, as you can't really lock them like a smartphone.

How is the audio when calling someone?

1 minute ago, MoonKnightSpidey said:

How is the audio when calling someone?

horrible, decent at best, my dad used to have one. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

horrible, decent at best, my dad used to have one. 

Seems like that's a no then.

Just now, MoonKnightSpidey said:

Seems like that's a no then.

you can't really expect too much, the phone was known to survive everything not to make things convenient. most of us can't really live without electronic especially with jobs.   

Samsung zeal although that can be hard to find so I'd recommend the alias 2.  Same phone essentially just doesn't look as cool.

45 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

horrible, decent at best, my dad used to have one

Sounds like your dad had a bad one.  Mine is decent. 

Granted, it's never going to win audiophile competitions, but it still is good enough to give most $200-ish smartphones a run for their money.

The only problem I see is the OP's location.  The 3310 uses the 900 and 1800 MHz band, which is used in Europe, Asia and Africa.  The OP is in "America", where they almost exclusively use 950 and 1900 MHz.  (the "new" 3310 apparently has the exact same issue)

44 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Sounds like your dad had a bad one.  Mine is decent. 

Granted, it's never going to win audiophile competitions, but it still is good enough to give most $200-ish smartphones a run for their money.

The only problem I see is the OP's location.  The 3310 uses the 900 and 1800 MHz band, which is used in Europe, Asia and Africa.  The OP is in "America", where they almost exclusively use 950 and 1900 MHz.  (the "new" 3310 apparently has the exact same issue)

I live in Alabama specifically, if that helps.

Wait, Alabama?  They have phones there already? 

:P

Yeah, definitely not going to work, you'll have to get some modern dumbphone.