Intel Playing Dirty to Undercut AMD

NuclearKing
11 hours ago, VagabondWraith said:

If you're going to put out a rumor like that, you better have substantial proof of said evidence. 

If this was to turn out false, the lawsuit that Intel could make... oh boy.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

if anyone here, a forum member, would've made allegations of this magnitude without providing proof, he would've been banned

so, explain to me why this topic is still up?

what WCCFShit does? writes an inflammatory article about Intel, without any proof, then they start searching for proof?

you fucking kidding me? how/why WCCFShit is still not banned as a source? /r/hardware and /r/pcgaming banned them more than 1y ago

@LinusTech I urge you to strongly consider banning WCCFTech as a source on these forums

---

and get this, what Khalid writes as update:

[UPDATED – Feb 26 2017 7:16 PM ET]

The editors-in-chief of two of America’s top PC hardware and technology publications have confirmed to Wccftech that they have indeed been approached by Intel regarding upcoming Ryzen reviews. Although both said that it was business as usual. Affirming that Intel’s response following AMD’s Ryzen announcement was what they had expected it to be. Adding that nothing was particularly unusual about the emails they received from Intel.

I should have asked my mom for a loan to buy up AMD stock last year. I had thought about it a lot too. It would have paid for my college.

Better luck next time. Intel is probably afraid of losing value of their shares. AMD has yet to release their 6 and 4 core chips. They might have a better IPC or just overall better single core performance closer to Intel skylake or kabylake with much higher clocks out of the box.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I tried to help stepping into the middle of this, but the blinders on both sides in this case are just too damn strong!

For those of you thinking Intel is just going to automatically resume this sort of tactic after 10 years of federal scrutiny (still continuing with FTC watchdogs getting direct looks at Intel communications right now), Paul Otellini was a slimy man who would and will do anything to win. He works at Google now. Most of Intel's upper management from that time have moved to other companies. It's like saying AMD was going to pull crap pricing because of the 9590. News Flash! Rory Read is gone! Different management implies different decisions = common sense.

For those of you saying it's impossible, well, money doesn't lie, and it would appear to be fairly cheap for Intel to engage in this sort of thing.

My opinion: it's a BS accusation by a known AMD shill who's been banned from multiple tech forums. Also, WCCF's authors have quoted those same industry people as saying these emails are standard procedure for every major launch, and nothing concerning/different has come up with this one.

Reviewers would be raising alarms had these emails actually contained anything meant to damage AMD or misdirect viewers! /rant

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

if anyone here, a forum member, would've made allegations of this magnitude without providing proof, he would've been banned

so, explain to me why this topic is still up?

what WCCFShit does? writes an inflammatory article about Intel, without any proof, then they start searching for proof?

you fucking kidding me? how/why WCCFShit is still not banned as a source? /r/hardware and /r/pcgaming banned them more than 1y ago

@LinusTech I urge you to strongly consider banning WCCFTech as a source on these forums

---

and get this, what Khalid writes as update:

Well, I work in IT as a technician and server-grade stuff is an everyday stuff to me, it's basically Xeon-exclusive in terms of CPUs.

I meet a lot of IT directors as the company I work in specializes in storage/backup/recovery and archiving of data, I'll be sure to ask them whether they've been approached by Intel's representatives with loyalty-based offers or whether they heard of such thing.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

3 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Well, I work in IT as a technician and server-grade stuff is an everyday stuff to me, it's basically Xeon-exclusive in terms of CPUs.

I meet a lot of IT directors as the company I work in specializes in storage/backup/recovery and archiving of data, I'll be sure to ask them whether they've been approached by Intel's representatives with loyalty-based offers or whether they heard of such thing.

To be fair, no one outside Google, Amazon, Facebook, and other BIG cloud companies would be approached, as it just wouldn't be worth the effort.

31 minutes ago, Kamina said:

I should have asked my mom for a loan to buy up AMD stock last year. I had thought about it a lot too. It would have paid for my college.

Better luck next time. Intel is probably afraid of losing value of their shares. AMD has yet to release their 6 and 4 core chips. They might have a better IPC or just overall better single core performance closer to Intel skylake or kabylake with much higher clocks out of the box.

Taking a loan to buy stock is like taking a loan to buy lottery tickets.

For people who don't work in the stock industry, you should never invest money you can not afford to lose. Hindsight is 20/20, but ask people who invested in Blockbuster ~10 years ago what they think...

3 hours ago, Fetzie said:

Microcenter was clearing stock and this obviously means that Intel has dropped its prices...

Oh dropping prices, really? Still 400€ for both i7s here in Finland.

prices.PNG

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

12 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I don’t think Intel would resort to blatantly illegal moves so soon however. As they were already accused once, to do the same again can greatly damage their PR, among other things. 

That said, Intel already offers lower prices for bulk orders, and as the Atom line had demonstrated, contra-revenue is far from unprecedented. Price cuts alone do not prove anti competitive behavior (or both AMD and Nvidia would be flayed alive otherwise), and exclusivity contracts likewise, are not exclusive to the tech industry.

Are you sure of that?

Just so you know the BS they did with athlon is not the only bad thing they did against AMD.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3203

I only jumped into the tech world after the athlon disaster ended and now with ryzen finally arriving, a lot of bad stuff from intel suddenly appears again.

And about atom, they only offered discounts if you paired it with an intel igp chipset...

https://np.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3s5r4d/is_nvidia_sabotaging_performance_for_no_visual/cwukpuc/?st=iznyiymu&sh=c6de841f

There's sadly much more than i ever expected there to be, intel did so many BS things against AMD and if you compare that with the damage it caused, it's just depressing...

Ironically, despite the history of underhanded (legal and otherwise) tricks, the only way Intel had truly been successful in critically damaging a competitor was by having a superior product (Sandy Bridge vs Bulldozer). Up to then, AMD held it's ground quite well in an uphill battle. 

It's a miracle they held at all, they got bashed by intel so hard it's genuinely a surprise they kept up so long.

Also, don't you think there's more to sandy bridge vs bulldozer than just intel having a better product?

Bulldozer lost to sandy bridge, result: amd is basically out of the game for 5-ish years.

If the next intel generation fails, nobody would care or maybe even notice, that's a huge difference and the only question is, from where does that big difference come?

Answer is simple: It's mainly due to the crap that Intel did. Even if AMD is ahead it doesn't matter when Intel f*cks AMD up by doing illegal things.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

There is no way that Intel would be able to do that ,with the number o foruns and reviewers they would be busted right away.

Regarding the banning of some sources like wccf, the thing is, we are responsible for our sources and posts, but if we are to start banning sources and sites, we are jeopardizing the free speech that rules over this forum, if we are to start banning sorces or sites we would open the pandora box here. I dont know if I would be able to stay in this forum. I must be able to express my opinion regardless the source i use to construct it, we can agree or desagree with a opinion or news, but we should not erase that opinion just base in it sources, we can use the post to dismiss the news but we should never forbid it.

By the way if a post where we already participate is tked down by the moderator, i would apreciate that instead of completly remove the post block it for a day, and tell us the motives for the take down and past that day it can be deleted or whatever. I would apreciate that.

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Are you sure of that?

Just so you know the BS they did with athlon is not the only bad thing they did against AMD.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3203

I only jumped into the tech world after the athlon disaster ended and now with ryzen finally arriving, a lot of bad stuff from intel suddenly appears again.

And about atom, they only offered discounts if you paired it with an intel igp chipset...

https://np.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3s5r4d/is_nvidia_sabotaging_performance_for_no_visual/cwukpuc/?st=iznyiymu&sh=c6de841f

There's sadly much more than i ever expected there to be, intel did so many BS things against AMD and if you compare that with the damage it caused, it's just depressing...

It's a miracle they held at all, they got bashed by intel so hard it's genuinely a surprise they kept up so long.

Also, don't you think there's more to sandy bridge vs bulldozer than just intel having a better product?

Bulldozer lost to sandy bridge, result: amd is basically out of the game for 5-ish years.

If the next intel generation fails, nobody would care or maybe even notice, that's a huge difference and the only question is, from where does that big difference come?

Answer is simple: It's mainly due to the crap that Intel did. Even if AMD is ahead it doesn't matter when Intel f*cks AMD up by doing illegal things.

ALL of that happened 10 years ago though! And as for the compiler issue, what the court never actually acknowledged was the compiler documentation ALWAYS said it did not guarantee optimization on anyone's hardware but Intel's. Further, ICC doesn't optimize for anyone else even today, and yet, where's the lawsuit? And Maxon was never forced to use ICC. It just DID. Not everything Intel's been decided guilty of is actually valid.

Yay. Now we'll get another Pentium III 1133-or worse yet, Netburst :(

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Just now, fuzzylogic11 said:

ALL of that happened 10 years ago though! And as for the compiler issue, what the court never actually acknowledged was the compiler documentation ALWAYS said it did not guarantee optimization on anyone's hardware but Intel's. Further, ICC doesn't optimize for anyone else even today, and yet, where's the lawsuit? And Maxon was never forced to use ICC. It just DID. Not everything Intel's been decided guilty of is actually valid.

Yea that's because intel since then got ahead and completely pulled ahead since sandy bridge.

As soon as Intel falls behind they so sh*t they clearly shouldn't do. The last of them is the crap they did with the pentium D extreme editions...

After that they were ahead and why would they even care messing up AMD at that point when they are ahead...

And neither did that end up in a lawsuit but that didn't change the facts...

There are a lot of things that are debatable but honestly if you look back at for example this review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/1975/10

It really looks like something is badly wrong and back then people clearly weren't happy with it.

The fact is that Intel did things that at least raise some suspicion that they are doing things they shouldn't do and even without us knowing how ryzen actually performs, there's clearly something going on at intel which is again as before, raising at least the suspicion they are planning something that's not consumer friendly, AGAIN.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56457/intel-scrambles-emails-tech-media-over-ryzen-reviews/index.html

I don't know what Intel is planning, but there is something going on and i'm honestly not sure if we should be happy or scared...

In the end you decide who you give your money and unless Intel responds with a fair response i'll stay suspicious.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Taking a loan to buy stock is like taking a loan to buy lottery tickets.

For people who don't work in the stock industry, you should never invest money you can not afford to lose. Hindsight is 20/20, but ask people who invested in Blockbuster ~10 years ago what they think...

Sums it up perfectly well. I wanted to buying shares when I was in college myself; sadly Irish brokers are horrific; and transaction fees up to €60 per trade, maintenance fees, minimum cash fees, and more would have done even more harm at the time.

I bought a little chunk ( of AMD Shares ) through DeGiro earlier in the year just after CES; and thanks to old Hindsight kicking myself for not looking into them sooner.

Then again I'm so glad I didn't take the plunge in 2007 when I wanted to, at the time Irish Banks were still doing alright...now Bank of Ireland is a penny stock.

It crashed as low as €0.07 come 2011 ( from mid teens in 2007 ). Still have some shares in there; but luckily nothing that would be missed if they dropped even further below €0.23

Even AMD which was doing as well as now back then plummeted really soon. Would have lost everything 

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Yea that's because intel since then got ahead and completely pulled ahead since sandy bridge.

As soon as Intel falls behind they so sh*t they clearly shouldn't do. The last of them is the crap they did with the pentium D extreme editions...

After that they were ahead and why would they even care messing up AMD at that point when they are ahead...

And neither did that end up in a lawsuit but that didn't change the facts...

There are a lot of things that are debatable but honestly if you look back at for example this review: http://www.anandtech.com/show/1975/10

It really looks like something is badly wrong and back then people clearly weren't happy with it.

The fact is that Intel did things that at least raise some suspicion that they are doing things they shouldn't do and even without us knowing how ryzen actually performs, there's clearly something going on at intel which is again as before, raising at least the suspicion they are planning something that's not consumer friendly, AGAIN.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/56457/intel-scrambles-emails-tech-media-over-ryzen-reviews/index.html

I don't know what Intel is planning, but there is something going on and i'm honestly not sure if we should be happy or scared...

In the end you decide who you give your money and unless Intel responds with a fair response i'll stay suspicious.

Can we please ban AdoredTV in the same move we ban wccftech? And no, no one in the media is suspicious at all. They've said the emails are the same standard ones they get with every major release from either vendor.

Stop spreading FUD. Intel deserves the same benefit of the doubt we give to AMD that it hasn't faked benchmarks (despite years of having done so, most recently with the Fury X being rated at 10% higher performance than initial 3rd party reviews achieved).

12 minutes ago, fuzzylogic11 said:

Can we please ban AdoredTV in the same move we ban wccftech? And no, no one in the media is suspicious at all. They've said the emails are the same standard ones they get with every major release from either vendor.

Stop spreading FUD. Intel deserves the same benefit of the doubt we give to AMD that it hasn't faked benchmarks (despite years of having done so, most recently with the Fury X being rated at 10% higher performance than initial 3rd party reviews achieved).

Why would you want to ban adoredTV? Are you even remotely familiar with his content?

You are the very first person i hear complaining about him, he does some good work and is very objective... I can't see an issue with that!

Also if you say the fury X benchmarks are faked, show proof :P

Driver optimizations on AMD cards is a thing that can be objectively measured you know... A 10% increase in performance after launch just because of driver updates is common on AMD cards. A similar thing happened with the RX 480. At launch it was behind the 1060 6GB but now the RX 480 matches the 1060 6GB in DX11 and pulls ahead in DX12. Keeping a margin of error in mind of course.

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Why would you want to ban adoredTV? Are you even remotely familiar with his content?

You are the very first person i hear complaining about him, he does some good work and is very objective... I can't see an issue with that!

Also if you say the fury X benchmarks are faked, show proof :P

Driver optimizations on AMD cards is a thing that can be objectively measured you know... A 10% increase in performance after launch just because of driver updates is common on AMD cards. A similar thing happened with the RX 480. At launch it was behind the 1060 6GB but now the RX 480 matches the 1060 6GB in DX11 and pulls ahead in DX12. Keeping a margin of error in mind of course.

He's one of wccf's authors, and his content is always AMD-biased. ALWAYS! Objective my tail!

AMD's Fury X game benchmarks were 10% higher than any reviewer got on release day. Then there's Barcelona and Bulldozer.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=amd+fakes+fury+x+benchmark&FORM=EDGNNC

9 release benchmark sets from 9 different review outlets vs. AMD's. 10% delta across the board.

2 minutes ago, fuzzylogic11 said:

He's one of wccf's authors, and his content is always AMD-biased. ALWAYS! Objective my tail!

AMD's Fury X game benchmarks were 10% higher than any reviewer got on release day. Then there's Barcelona and Bulldozer.

I've never heard of him being an author at WCCF. Got a link between the two please.

You should check your sources man. I have no idea who told you adoredtv works for wccftech because he just doesn't.

https://www.patreon.com/adoredtv

AdoredTV is run by Jim Parker, nobody at WCCFtech is called Jim Parker

http://wccftech.com/about/

So yea, check your sources, what you said is completely false and before blaming me for spreading false information you should at least make sure you aren't doing the same thing >_>

5 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

You should check your sources man. I have no idea who told you adoredtv works for wccftech because he just doesn't.

https://www.patreon.com/adoredtv

AdoredTV is run by Jim Parker, nobody at WCCFtech is called Jim Parker

http://wccftech.com/about/

So yea, check your sources, what you said is completely false and before blaming me for spreading false information you should at least make sure you aren't doing the same thing >_>

He was hired as a junior writer by Khalid Moamer back in June. Just because he has a Patreon doesn't mean he's indepdendent. And further, don't change the subject. AdoredTV is nothing but pro-AMD shilling. He has no sources for any of his claims in that video, and he rarely does for anything he makes.

And sorry, but no, there is 0 evidence Intel is up to anything remotely unethical, let alone illegal, over this release, and nor should anyone think it is just because the king of AMD shills (Charlie) cries wolf with no evidence simply because a completely different set of managers did something similar to his accusation more than 10 years ago.

He was hired as a junior writer by Khalid Moamer back in June.

Show me where you found that

Just because he has a Patreon doesn't mean he's indepdendent. And further, don't change the subject.

I posted a link because his name is on it, that's all.

And what do you mean "not changing the subject" i just proved what you said is false that's all.

If you don't want to believe intel is planing to play dirty again that's fine, but i'll keep everything i read from the links i posted in mind with my next purchase.

In the end it's your money they want and you decide who gets it. Simple as that.

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Show me where you found that

I posted a link because his name is on it, that's all.

And what do you mean "not changing the subject" i just proved what you said is false that's all.

If you don't want to believe intel is planing to play dirty again that's fine, but i'll keep everything i read from the links i posted in mind with my next purchase.

In the end it's your money they want and you decide who gets it. Simple as that.

But you're choosing to ignore the majority of the facts: these people have no basis for their claims, and in the case of Charlie, he's a known shill and liar. In the case of Adored, it's a known AMD propaganda machine. In the case of wccf, same thing, except they even quoted two chief tech media people who both said there's nothing new in these emails that they haven't seen in every other Intel or AMD release.

All the evidence points to Intel playing fair. There's no fire, not even smoke.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Speaking of accusations... 

Oh look, someone saying something bad about Intel. AMD shill confirmed! 

Everything Adored says is anti-Intel. He's a confirmed shill. Go ahead, find any video where he says anything positive about Intel other than a minor aside before returning to praise AMD and hope for competition. His bad day at Intel video has no source work. It's purely his speculation, and you can see the smug satisfaction in his face. Come on, use your head.

22 minutes ago, fuzzylogic11 said:

He was hired as a junior writer by Khalid Moamer back in June. Just because he has a Patreon doesn't mean he's indepdendent.

Except under EU and UK Law Patreon is taxed, which means he cannot lie with his name and taxation information on Patreon.

There's no Jim Parker listed under WCCF staff, so the onus is on you to show sources that he's a writer there.

Also AMD Shilling? That must be why has lambasted Vega as not being fast enough here.

ANYBODY SEE the story on GURU3D this morning?

" They question itself was already curious but if we dive deeper into the story we see the claims have been made by Semi-Accurate, not the most unbiased source. Then again, we see no reason for them to make this stuff up. Also some other press apparently received that email. So yes, as it seems Intel has been reaching out to certain media in shameless attempt to influence upcoming benchmark scores in their favor. Intel's PR department is contacting media and calling in favors with the press by issuing them  "guidelines" on how to review AMD Ryzen. Intel's PR emails include this line: "call us before you write." 

So it is true!............ http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/intel-is-trying-to-manipulate-amd-ryzen-launch.html

let's see what happens around the web when these things are released. It should be easy to pick out the scabs really quickly.