Where do all you guys get your music?

RGProductions

Saavn for streaming 

If I love song or an album I buy the disk (last one :Eminem MMLP2) 

Spotify mainly, all my playlists are there, and they're downloaded for offline use on my phone when out and about or driving. 

I used to try soundcloud a bit but my SD card on my phone basically failed and I've been too lazy to replace it so now I just read at work and use youtube for music only when at home.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Mostly Spotify. I like it because most of the songs I listen to are there and it works great with my Chromecast. For some songs that aren't available on Spotify, I buy them on iTunes. I would like to switch to Apple Music but it doesn't work with my Chromecast and I don't like buying a new Apple TV because it will be useless for me. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Thread cleaned.

Downloading your music from streaming services is against those services ToS, it's against our Community Standards and in most countries, is also illegal (IE YouTube downloader).

I will ask that this thread stay clear of ways to illegally obtain music, so it might be kept open and warning free.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Speaking of legal, the part about downloading YouTube videos is against YouTube's Terms of Service.

That's the part I don't do :)

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Thread cleaned.

Downloading your music from streaming services is against those services ToS, it's against our Community Standards and in most countries, is also illegal (IE YouTube downloader).

I will ask that this thread stay clear of ways to illegally obtain music, so it might be kept open and warning free.

Thank you. Yeah, I put to keep it legal, But I should've made it bigger. Eh, not like anybody would listen anyway.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I dont remember the last time I bought music, I've been an avid Pandora user for quite a while now. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I use Google Music, it's super easy to find music and it has all of my playlists. I only have to pay $8 month since I had it before they upped the price. When I found out it included YouTube Red it made it even better. 

Having the ability to quickly find any song and add it to my playlists is pretty sweet. 

I could never ever ever stand advertisements, so I don't mind paying for a better experience. I don't want to hear all about these things I don't need. 

Been using Tidal lately as I try to find somewhere to get lossless copies of the music I listen to as I don't own a lot of physical media, but it's looking like I'm gonna need to buy more physical CD and/or vinyls.

I used to buy CD's from a local store in my village, any decent online Uk vendors to obtain CD's these days?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

10 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I used to buy CD's from a local store in my village, any decent online Uk vendors to obtain CD's these days?

HMV?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

i get my music from my firends file server, where he sources it is not for me to know 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

HMV?

Most of their shops have gone, and right now once again their website is broken. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, Kierax said:

Most of their shops have gone, and right now once again their website is broken. 

hmmm, not entirely sure, maybe tesco/asda etc, possibly amazon?

Streaming i use pandora with my own custom channels.

Downloads:

legal ones usually amazon.  When you buy a CD or record often times you also get the MP3 to download as well.  

Not letal: youtube.  I find a good version and then rip it using software.

Downloads and CDs. Where from varies in all possible ways. i tend to buy from the artists' themselves when they have the option, although once or twice I couldn't resist buying from Amazon anyways to cut on shipping times (as in Amazon would deliver it the same day :P).

MP3s from Amazon or Google Play. Steaming from Spotify. Wish Spotify had the buy button again.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My entire life is references to TV shows and Memes.

Dell OptiPlex GX1, Intel Pentium 3 @ 450MHz, 128MB PC133 RAM, Windows 98 Second Edition, Office 97' Professional

Spotify Premium, with about 10GB downloaded to my phone. I occasionally buy albums (usually physical records) from small groups I want to support (like I bought Ed Sheeran's stuff way back in the day), but big names I'll just stream.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

On 2/20/2017 at 0:18 AM, nerdslayer1 said:

youtube red is coming to Canada, that might be worth looking into. 

If you tube Red was a 1 time purchase I'd buy it even if it was $100 bucks I refuse to play monthly for software Unless I know there are actual improvements to be made and i get the new version free via upgrade.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

4 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

If you tube Red was a 1 time purchase I'd buy it even if it was $100 bucks I refuse to play monthly for software Unless I know there are actual improvements to be made and i get the new version free via upgrade.

its google, they update software at least once a month. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its google, they update software at least once a month. 

Functional update not simple optimization update.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

1 minute ago, MeDownYou said:

Functional update not simple optimization update.

its youtube with no adds and background download, its part of google service that's the backbone of android. 

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

its youtube with no adds and background download, its part of google service that's the backbone of android. 

Yeah, but i don't pay for android Infact i can put it on my PC as an OS if i really want to. I would pay a 1 time fee if the app unlocked so it would play without playing the video (only audio) and didnt shut off when i went to lock screen on my phone. I don't care about an add every 30 minutes like pandora or something, But i'd love if i could do those things and have that taken care of with a 1 time payment rather than recuring. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.