Where do all you guys get your music?

RGProductions

Basically the title. Download or streaming. Or physical media, if that's more your thing. Also, Keep it legal, I could see that getting out of hand.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

I've started using google play. For my purchases.

I still prefer to get the cd physically, but sometimes I can't wait and get it from google play. :D

youtube playlist and if i want it on my phone i download it off youtube or i play the playlist with firefox since it doesnt pause when i lock screen  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

I've started using google play. For my purchases.

I still prefer to get the cd physically, but sometimes I can't wait and get it from google play. :D

Google play is decent, but IMO not the best. Really want something that just gives me a file and lets me go ham. But then, also redownload it, of course.

1 minute ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

youtube playlist and if i want it on my phone i download it off youtube or i play the playlist with firefox since it doesnt pause when i lock screen  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Makes sense, that's basically what I do right now.

i buy them on itunes, then convert them to decent quality MP3, and cry because google play is shit on  my phone, i would rather buy the CD, but most of the music i want i can find on itunes for cheap

Main PC:| CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 4.1, MOBO: Asus B350 PRIME , RAM: LPX Vengance 2400 16gb kit, GPU: 980Ti Poseidon Platinum 6gb
                PSU: SilverStone Strider Gold Evolution 1200w , CASE: HAF 932  HDDs:240gb EX900 HP NVME 6TB (2x3 Seagate Barracuda)
                COOLING: ThermalTake Contac Silent 12
Laptop:MSI GL62 7RD  CPU: Core i5 7300HQ, RAM: 16GB 2400mhz, :GPU GTX 1050 2GB: HDDs: 256gb adata NVME + 1TB HDD

love all brands, will go for whats cheaper for my needs

Soundcloud, it's free and the music I like is on there.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Google play is decent, but IMO not the best. Really want something that just gives me a file and lets me go ham. But then, also redownload it, of course.

No it's probably not the best. But for my needs it's decent!

Yeah the 2 downloads per purchase is a bit bogus IMO.

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

youtube red is coming to Canada, that might be worth looking into. 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Physical CD or Spotify 

I guess I should probably figure out spoitify.

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

I guess I should probably figure out spoitify.

It's pretty easy if you know what you want to listen to 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

It's pretty easy if you know what you want to listen to 

Yeah, I've just never bothered TBH.

last time i downloaded a song was off of soundcloud, i've gotten too cynical to like music anymore.

I use a South korean music streaming service called Melon. It is like a South Korean version of Spotify. 90% of all koreans use Melon to listen music.

DUE TO MANY REQUESTS I HAVE LEFT THIS FORUM FOREVER.

I can't say where I get it, but it's a few hundred gigs, ranging from mp3 128 kbps to .flac 7000 kbps.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Pretty much all CDs these days. I like to have a lossless original copy.

38 minutes ago, SSL said:

Pretty much all CDs these days. I like to have a lossless original copy.

With you on the lossless part.

I use deezer, youtube and soundcloud for streaming,  and i buy from itunes and the musicians personal store for digital downloads(or if available physical copies) and whenever i am near a music store i tend to hop in to browse and see if there are cd's or lps from artist i like a lot.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

I try my best to get the CD, if I can't do that, I'll try Bandcamp for FLAC. I've also used Google Play and Amazon music (MP3 though) without issue as well. Sadly, there's music I want on iTunes, but I'll be damned before I install iTunes...

3 hours ago, RGProductions said:

Speaking of legal, the part about downloading YouTube videos is against YouTube's Terms of Service.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I use Spotify (Premium) :).

I've been exploring other options like Groove Music though...

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Mainly CDs from CDON.com. Some game soundtracks from Bandcamp. Some .mp3s from Amazon.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv