This is LG's G6

Really sad if there's no removable battery and no SD card slot. Hopefully it'll be the same as with the G2/G3 backlash and the next iteration will be back to normal. Since Samsung hopped on the Apple train with the S6, LG was able to differentiate themselves in the market. This move will eliminate that distinction. It's too bad the market is shifting in this direction. Hopefully the V20 successor will continue to be their power user phone. Removing the SD card slot is just lazy and a push towards cloud services. Even the S7 "Active" has an SD card slot.

If it had an SD card slot I would look into getting it but that's a deal breaker for me. I regularly fill my phone with video to watch when I can't use wifi. Data is expensive here so HD video massacres it. Also I don't always have coverage in places I go so I need to have everything I use preloaded...

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

Boot loop means it's perpetually stuck on the boot animation meaning it's essentially a paperweight until it's fixed.

Oh, well huh. Okay. Um yeah. Alright, sure.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

17 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Removing the SD card slot is just lazy and a push towards cloud services.

But there's nothing wrong with cloud services, I suppose unless you get crappy internet or phone service or borderline paranoid about your privacy.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

But there's nothing wrong with cloud services, I suppose unless you get crappy internet or phone service or borderline paranoid about your privacy.

@Jackson If LG is smart and has the base start at 32GB or 64GB and has it go all the way up to like 128GB or 256GB it'll be alright.

7 hours ago, alexyy said:

Looks like a potential replacement for my Nexus 6P 

Has your 6P become a piece of shit as well? So far I've had mine in for repair for the bootloop issue, while the whole time I suffer from the battery malfunction that leads to early shut downs around the 15% mark.

No sd card, try again.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

Well can I see the whole phone? What idiot took that photo?

It's a pre-MWC press photo leak.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

21 minutes ago, wcreek said:

@Jackson If LG is smart and has the base start at 32GB or 64GB and has it go all the way up to like 128GB or 256GB it'll be alright.

The problem with that is when they decide to charge an extra $50-100 per increment in storage. There's no good reason to not implement an SD Card slot other than to price gouge customers for larger data options. The SD card slot can be placed with the sim card. There's no argument for removing it. 

I think this is a great step for LG, the G5 was a pretty big flop IMO. Who makes a metal bodied phone and then covers that in a plasticy feeling paint? Plus their mods idea was, while good in theory, a failure in practice. The only really useful one was the audio module, which wasn't available in every market.

I think the main drawback here is the SD821, of the rumored spec so far, if that is what it releases with. While no slouch, the image stabilization in the SD835 is just so much better that I wouldn't want to go without.

Hopefully they have some real head-above-the-rest features that make this device at least a great seller.

They're already miles ahead of what HTC is releasing.

For those of you that are interested, there was a Reddit thread that had an image of the entire device.

14 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

Updated, no sd expansion and water resistance is present.

No SD unfortunately.

Hopefully! Didn't realise the G5 had those problems!

So SD as of yet. We don't have solid facts on the spec list.

14 hours ago, VolkA said:

Wow. It looks so ... Samsung ... But looking good nevertheless.

Really? I don't think it looks anything like a Samsung device...

14 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

No SD? Well that's a bummer. And no replaceable battery? That is not good. Also all other sources stated it would 5.2-5.3 so how come it's this big?

-snip-

Really? Every single rumor I've seen has pointed to it being a larger device, just a different aspect ratio so that it feels better in the hand. I think it's supposed to be taller. Which is a dealbreaker for me, but each to their own.

LG almost always goes with IPS, since they produce more of them. Doesn't mean it'll be bad, the IPS display on the Mate9 has been extremely well regarded.

13 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Still rocking it, hopefully the G6 will be a worthy upgrade. If not, time to change brands. Sadly, the volume buttons which were the best feature imo seem to be stuck on the side. G5 all over again. 

Holly shit I just noticed 90% STB ratio. G2 had 75.9% and that was almost as high as we ever saw. 

There are quite a few phones that have a higher STB than 75%..

8 hours ago, JuztBe said:

90% screen to body ratio? Xiaomi mi mix has screen to body ratio of 84%. So what kind of shenanigan LG is planning?

I don't think they've actually stated it's 90% have they? I believe that's simply rumors.

6 hours ago, Deli said:

Lithium battery does degrade over time. It can lose 30% capacity over 2-3 years. That's why I dislike gadgets with non-removable batteries. When the battery dies, so does the gadget.

Not really, you can still get it replaced in most cases. Especially when it comes to phones. Does it cost more? Sure. But if you need the phone, and you use it enough to run the battery down that quickly, then that's the price you have to pay.

6 hours ago, Suika said:

That screen size, that aspect ratio... I'm excited to hold one in hand just to see how it compares to the 7 Plus.

The rest of it is meh, the only other thing I'm concerned about is camera performance. I'm one of three people on this planet forum that doesn't need expandable storage (as long as they don't do something stupid and only offer 32GB or less) and the removable battery won't bother me as long as it has fantastic battery life, comparable to the 7 Plus.

fify ;)

I'm with you on both of those issues. I mean, I'd never turn down a larger battery, but I find most phones with 3000mah+ can do more than most people need, provided the system's optimized. As for expandable storage, most of it annoys me. It's slow. Now, if they had the UFS SD cards Samsung was teasing, then I'd want it.

With phones now increasingly having 64GB+, I think expandable storage will become less and less of a necessity.
There will, of course, always be those that can't let go of legacy hardware.

3 hours ago, Inkz said:

The design really reminds me of my G2 mixed with a S6. I don't know if it is really 90% screen to body ratio, it only looks slightly less than my G2. The G2 is about 76%.

The lower bezels are much smaller than the G2, and I think there's a decent savings at the top too.

I don't think it'll reach 90% though. Then again I don't think that's an official claim anyway.

1 hour ago, byalexandr said:

Well can I see the whole phone? What idiot took that photo?

It's likely either a teaser, or meant for a marketing poster.

It's not a release image.

27 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

If it had an SD card slot I would look into getting it but that's a deal breaker for me. I regularly fill my phone with video to watch when I can't use wifi. Data is expensive here so HD video massacres it. Also I don't always have coverage in places I go so I need to have everything I use preloaded...

Would it still be a deal breaker if the phone came with 64GB of storage? Or the option of a 128GB model?

Or had USB OTG?

That holds an awful lot of movies...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

right now I have the Redmi Note 4 and even with it being 64GB version and having a 32GB micro SD card I fill it up really fast. When you have 1080p Videos (I can easily tell the difference on my phone between 1080 and 720 and lower res does annoy me) they take up the space really quick when each vid on my phone is average 3-4GBs. Just wish it had NFC but I don't use it that much and the fingerprint scanner was more important it anyway for quick access.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

16 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

right now I have the Redmi Note 4 and even with it being 64GB version and having a 32GB micro SD card I fill it up really fast. When you have 1080p Videos (I can easily tell the difference on my phone between 1080 and 720 and lower res does annoy me) they take up the space really quick when each vid on my phone is average 3-4GBs. Just wish it had NFC but I don't use it that much and the fingerprint scanner was more important it anyway for quick access.

Sounds like poor encoding. Most 1080p videos I get are just over 1GB. Sure, you can get ones that are higher, but I never notice the difference. I agree though, 720p just isn't enough.

Do you really need 14+ hours of video on your phone at once though? Your battery can't last that long.

Agreed, I'll never buy a phone without a fingerprint reader again.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

26 minutes ago, dizmo said:

LG almost always goes with IPS, since they produce more of them. Doesn't mean it'll be bad, the IPS display on the Mate9 has been extremely well

II'm not saying it's bad, but there is a noticeable difference when for instance watching stuff on it in a dark room (which I do from time to time in bed before sleep). Just an example. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Looks nice.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

If the battery life is better than the s7, I will consider getting it. As some people said I hope boot loop won't be an issue

Like we don't have enough smartphones...

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

10 hours ago, Mysticode said:

Has your 6P become a piece of shit as well? So far I've had mine in for repair for the bootloop issue, while the whole time I suffer from the battery malfunction that leads to early shut downs around the 15% mark.

Nope only issue I've had has been I dropped it and cracked the very top portion of screen. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

I can't wait for the "fly like a g6" jokes this phone will generate.  If there's not a fly like a g6 joke in Linus' review of the phone, I'll be disappointed.  

On 1/24/2017 at 1:45 AM, randomhkkid said:

Hopefully! Didn't realise the G5 had those problems!

My G5 has two blue lines where the sides of the battery are.  You can only see them when the screen is white or really light, but you can definitely see them.  From what I've read, it's because the battery distorts the screen slightly due to the way it sits in the case.

Doesn't matter to me - next time I upgrade it will be a Motorola phone anyway.  I miss my Droid Turbo so much.  

On 1/24/2017 at 2:42 AM, nerdslayer1 said:

sd card?

a promise of no boot loop? 

no screen burn in? 

my g5 had ridiculous screen burn in. I had to get a new one, seems pretty fine now, but it was the first ever time ive experienced such an issue on any device. I couldn't fathom how a device that has only been out for a few years from a company that makes amazing televisions, had such a shitty screen. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

On 24.1.2017 at 4:31 PM, Deli said:

Lithium battery does degrade over time. It can lose 30% capacity over 2-3 years. That's why I dislike gadgets with non-removable batteries. When the battery dies, so does the gadget.

They are still replaceable tho. Its just bit more work ;)

6 hours ago, Daring said:

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. If you read the article it states that the full render is fake but the image that I posted in the original post comes from a verified exclusive Verge leak. 

This "exclusive" LG G6 leak is not a leak at all. It should be obvious that it is based on the G6 image The Verge obtained earlier this week, flipped vertically with an LG logo pasted at the bottom.

Please read your own articles thoroughly before posting criticism.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering