Razer Blade Pro 2016 Review

Buy Razer Blade Pro 2016 on Amazon: http://geni.us/fNkv

Is the Razer Blade Pro 2016 the be-all and end-all of gaming laptops? At up to $4,500 for the top spec unit, I certainly hope so...

ded link (or still processing)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I wonder if this review is about the same quality as the recent ones from LTT

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I haven't been keeping up with LTT videos for a few weeks. In your opinion, how have recent reviews been?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

are you one of the people who are disappointed with their quality?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

I hope they would be at least 2K if not 4K 

Why did this video go to "private" automatically... Well, it should be working now.

3 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

@6:19 

What "is not a price you are willing to pay for them"?

I guess I don't see what you're pointing out in the picture. I have no idea what's wrong with the layout there. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Why did this video go to "private" automatically... Well, it should be working now.

Why does I feel as if Linus got a cold

3 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I haven't been keeping up with LTT videos for a few weeks. In your opinion, how have recent reviews been?

3 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

are you one of the people who are disappointed with their quality?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I hope they would be at least 2K if not 4K 

@Aereldor, I suggest you watch the Korean Ulrawide review and look at the comments about how Linus didn't cover Freesync at all

Or on the Holiday Buyer's guide how Linus recommended a build with an S340 and a 5.25" Optical drive xD

@deXxterlab97 "Upping the recording quality, no matter the cost" ?!?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

55 minutes ago, Energycore said:

@Aereldor, I suggest you watch the Korean Ulrawide review and look at the comments about how Linus didn't cover Freesync at all

Right, I did see that one. Initially, I thought it was idiotic that Linus ignored the monitor's FreeSync capabilities and instead decided to talk about a 'surprise G-sync module', but then I remembered his disdain for multi-GPU solutions where a single, better GPU will outperform them, and that AMD's current flagship - the RX 480 - can't handle 3440x1440 at all. 

The holiday buyer's guide was pretty awful.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

They actually... criticized something. It's been MONTHS since they actually criticized ANYTHING computer related. (Toys and kickfarted don't count.)

However, even though they made an apple quip, they made no comments on how "pro" this laptop is.

Because every professional (I'm talking media professional) would want a bright green laptop with RGB lit keys and a trackpad that takes up half of the space of where they keyboard should be.

:roll eyes:

8 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Right, I did see that one. Initially, I thought it was idiotic that Linus ignored the monitor's FreeSync capabilities and instead decided to talk about a 'surprise G-sync module', but then I remembered his disdain for multi-GPU solutions where a single, better GPU will outperform them, and that AMD's current flagship - the RX 480 - can't handle 3440x1440 at all. 

The holiday buyer's guide was pretty awful.

You're talking like 3440x1440 is a massive af resolution. It's only 35% more pixels than 1440p, where an RX 480 can provide playable framerates. Still.

Could have strapped a Fury X in there just to test Freesync, you can hardly call the RX 480 a flagship. Another thing mentioned was that they tested CS: GO and that title sure can run at 3440x1440 on an RX 480.

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

They actually... criticized something. It's been MONTHS since they actually criticized ANYTHING computer related. (Toys and kickfarted don't count.)

However, even though they made an apple quip, they made no comments on how "pro" this laptop is.

Because every professional (I'm talking media professional) would want a bright green laptop with RGB lit keys and a trackpad that takes up half of the space of where they keyboard should be.

:roll eyes:

Thanks for the TLDR

Sounds like just another new Razer product. Yay!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Could have strapped a Fury X in there just to test Freesync, you can hardly call the RX 480 a flagship. Another thing mentioned was that they tested CS: GO and that title sure can run at 3440x1440 on an RX 480.

Good points there. I forgot that they tested Counterstrike, which anything can run. Sorry, I keep forgetting about the Fury X.

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Good points there. I forgot that they tested Counterstrike, which anything can run. Sorry, I keep forgetting about the Fury X.

Don't worry, it's not like the Fury X destroyed the market. Maybe it would have, if AMD had priced it at $450 where it would squarely beat a 980 and rival a 980 Ti for less. Alas, now we get to buy one for $300 so yay!

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

17 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Don't worry, it's not like the Fury X destroyed the market. Maybe it would have, if AMD had priced it at $450 where it would squarely beat a 980 and rival a 980 Ti for less. Alas, now we get to buy one for $300 so yay!

What about that Vega card that was running the Battlefront Rogue One DLC at a locked 4k 60Hz at the AMD Ryzen event? If they price that at $400 or so, that'll result in a massive market share upset. I'm counting on the 8-core 16-thread processor they showed off being priced at around $550 as well.

2 tb nvme ssd's in raid 0.... whyyyyyyyyy? like I get it, fast like sanic but id much rather invest $4,000 (if I was made of money) on the same product without the raid config. for 400 bucks less. super happy to see this product based where it wasn't up to par. Linus nailed this and it's good to see him/them actually hardcore criticize a product when it deserves it.

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

What about that Vega card that was running the Battlefront Rogue One DLC at a locked 4k 60Hz at the AMD Ryzen event? If they price that at $400 or so, that'll result in a massive market share upset. I'm counting on the 8-core 16-thread processor they showed off being priced at around $550 as well.

I think we all know as well, that the 6900k is a $600 cpu that intel has ramped up in price because it was a monopoly in that performance point. im not even interested in buying either, my 6600k is just fine for me. but competition is always good for the consumer.

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Why does I feel as if Linus got a cold

Uh winter probably? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, lettuce head said:

I think we all know as well, that the 6900k is a $600 cpu that intel has ramped up in price because it was a monopoly in that performance point. im not even interested in buying either, my 6600k is just fine for me. but competition is always good for the consumer.

6900K only $600? Where?