Razer Blade Pro 2016 Review

another review blatantly ignoring the fundamental flaws of every Razer product. Every single fucking time the idea that an device should at all costs be made thinner is ludicrous. The cooling might be tolerable for once. the battery size impressive. but if they had made it 1.4mm thicker, they would have been able to fit a better keyboard. Even better cooling. perhaps even gain enough real-estate for the battery to increase the horizontal size for the motherboard enough to get dual wifi-cards, aka MIMO.

But they didnt. They instead did a "apple". and shaved down the device until it could barely fit the hardware.

Once more, Razer simply doesnt get it.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

6900K only $600? Where?

He means that the 6900K should cost $600 but Intel decided to sell it for much more because they have no competition from AMD in that sector, so they could.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

As my icon already implies: Getting real work done with good haptic feedback and matte 16:10 screens would be possible on older ThinkPads (max. T/W/X-x20) or older D-series Latitude. Even if the processing power of the older models might lack according to todays standards, but sadly, anything which can be bought today is just garbage. I'm waiting for the #RetroThinkpad.  

8 hours ago, Sacredsock said:

Has a left-hander from LMG tried using this thing?

I think it's pretty much impossible to use if left-handed.

I'm super agnostic when talking about keyboards, I've recently buyed a new €10 membrane keyboard and yeah... it types. Isn't that what it's supposed to do? So I wouldn't mind having a 'bad' keyboard on a a laptop that has many other strong points. But I don't have $3700 to spend on a laptop, sadly.

Glad that we finally got a honest review.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

I think 4k on a 17inch screen is kinda overkill.  I'm surprised Linus wasn't bothered by the thick screen bezels.

I would love to see the comparison to a workstation laptop. I recently purchased Dell Precision 7710, and would love to see how my purchase compares to Razer pro line. 
@LinusTech Please make a video showing differences between pro laptop and workstation laptops (dell precision series, hp z book, or lenovo thinkpad). It would make it interesting at least for me, and maybe dozens of us.