EA has shutdown Victory Games, the developer behind Command & Conquer Generals 2, which is now also canceled

TopWargamer

http://kotaku.com/ea-cancels-command-conquer-1454179860?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/news/1380/a-new-future-for-command-conquer

And another Command & Conquer game bites the dust: EA has just axed the latest in the longrunning strategy series, the company announced today.

"Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play," a rep for developer Victory Games wrote in a blog post published this afternoon. "That is why, after much difficult deliberation, we have decided to cease production of this version of the game."

. . .

On top of the cancellation, as spotted by Polygon, employees of Victory Games are tweeting that EA has shut the studio down. Victory Games, an LA-based studio that has been working on this new Command & Conquer game for three years now, has not released any other games.

I was really looking forward to Generals 2, even though it was going to be free to play. Shame to see that they canceled the game, especially this far into development. I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing though. It could be a bad thing since we were all looking forward to Generals 2, but at the same time it could be a good thing since now EA is realizing that they're making crap, if the game was genuinely a crap game.

COMIC SANS

Next year: EA stops paying DICE

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wait wait, this is the C&C with Frostbite?? I was looking forward to that........ Ugh

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Its my favorite game franchise, but the alpha is just terrible... Shuting down Victory Games saves them alot of bad press for a game that probably wont even break even. I miss westwood studios...

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it

- Frederic Bastiat 1850

I usually don't post on news but.... WHHHYY?!!!?!?!

CPU: I5 4670k @ 4ghz Motherboard: MSI z87 G45 Gaming RAM: 2x 4GB Avexir and Corsair 2x4gb ddr3 @ 1600mhz GPU: MSI GTX 1080 SeaHawk EK PSU: EVGA SuperNova P2 750w Boot SSD: Intel 320 120GB Storage: Crucial 256gb ssd and Samsung 250gb ssd

EA Strikes again

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If it was bad then oh well. Sucks that the studio was closed but since EA flushed three years worth of time and money down the drain it is not surprising that the studio takes the hit. C&C4 was bad enough, we don't need more bad C&C games. I'd rather have none then another bad one. EA can go back to drawing board or just leave the franchise alone. C&C has seen it's day, maybe it's time to rest it for a while and let it be remembered mostly fondly.

If it was bad then oh well. Sucks that the studio was closed but since EA flushed three years worth of time and money down the drain it is not surprising that the studio takes the hit. C&C4 was bad enough, we don't need more bad C&C games. I'd rather have none then another bad one. EA can go back to drawing board or just leave the franchise alone. C&C has seen it's day, maybe it's time to rest it for a while and let it be remembered mostly fondly.

true.. i only liked the Westwood studios developed c&c's

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Guess EA didn't have enough money and decided to shut small developers down to save some money for other important things. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

true.. i only liked the Westwood studios developed c&c's

Generals 1 was pretty good and I enjoyed RA3 for it's cazy story and fun single-player. Renegade was good as well, but that doesn't really count.

Guess EA didn't have enough money and decided to shut small developers down to save some money for other important things. 

They threw away three years of work. We are talking probably a few million dollars worth of investment, if not more. The studio was created for the sole purpose of this game, they had nothing else in the pipeline. The staff would have sat around twiddling their thumbs for months while new projects were created, wasting even more money. There was no reason for EA to keep them around. It's harsh and cold, but it is the truth. That is capitalism.

Must not have enough dogs or microtransactions in it.

http://kotaku.com/ea-cancels-command-conquer-1454179860?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/news/1380/a-new-future-for-command-conquer

I was really looking forward to Generals 2, even though it was going to be free to play. Shame to see that they canceled the game, especially this far into development. I can't tell if this is a good or bad thing though. It could be a bad thing since we were all looking forward to Generals 2, but at the same time it could be a good thing since now EA is realizing that they're making crap, if the game was genuinely a crap game.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Well, I hope this means a better, non F2P game some time in the future. To bad becuase they spent a lot of time on that game already.

nooooooooooooooo.com

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Well frick haven't played a good C&C game in awhile, but if it sucked I guess i'd rather it be cancelled than it coming out and being disappointed. Also did people lose their jobs from this? Cause if so that's awful.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I thought the majority of the people liked this game..... They shouldve sacked CnC 4....

I was so disappointed when i saw this yesterday, The 1 game i've been waiting on for so long :(

I thought the majority of the people liked this game..... They shouldve sacked CnC 4....

I also thought this to be the case, just so confused now :S 

This is terrible, at least the alpha ran at 1080p, i bought the stupid collectors editions and since theyre locked down on origin i cant even hack the files to fix the resolution.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

This is BS! Ive been waiting for this since they 1st announced it.

Luckily i didnt buy the collectors edition cos i already have most of the games, but they promised beta acces and mabey alpha if you bought it? So they have sold games on false promises. EA strikes again

Next year: EA stops paying DICE

every gamer will burn EA HQ to the ground

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here