Nexus 5 hardware details leaked by Canadian carrier

ExDreamer

Google is expected to officially unveil the Nexus 5 any day now. (Technically it already has.) But one Canadian carrier has apparently grown tired of waiting. Wind Mobile today launched a pre-registration page for the upcoming Android flagship, describing it as "the smart, new phone made to capture the moments that matter." The page also reveals some key specifications for the latest Nexus handset. The internals listed here largely match up with what we've seen from previous leaks and FCC filings, so there's not much in the way of surprises.

Nexus-5-sale-357x540.png

wind2.png

Source:http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/28/5039968/nexus-5-specs-leaked-by-canadian-carrier-wind-mobile

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Wind now sucks because before you got 200$ off with a 30$ plan is now only 100$ now just useless. Just buy a new phone that's unlocked.

Quote me to get a reply!

Looks like a great option for what was it? $399 i think. Good for google. Bringing the high end to a better price point.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Looks like a great option for what was it? $399 i think. Good for google. Bringing the high end to a better price point.

rumors are 299-349$

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

rumors are 299-349$

Didn't the leak on the play store say starting at $349?

rumors are 299-349$

EVEN BETTER!

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Is this even "news" anymore? The nexus 5 has been leaked so much I'm kinda tired of it and its not even released yet

i9 25.6 GHz with NeuronThreading, 256gb 6000 MHz RAM, GTX 990 OC 3024MHz 12gb, Skeletal X99 motherboard, 1 Petabyte SSD, Fractal Design Humaniod R1 Case, Herbivore 10,000W PSU, Noctua NF16 LP Derma Cooler.

Probably the only Star Citizen player who is planning on a career in Journalism instead of piracy, mining, trading, exploration, military, station management, etc.

Generation 0: The first time you see this add 1 to the number and copy it into your sig. Consider it a social experiment.

Is this even "news" anymore? The nexus 5 has been leaked so much I'm kinda tired of it and its not even released yet

I'm sick of all the leaks. I just want it to be released already so I can buy the damn thing already!

I'm sick of all the leaks. I just want it to be released already so I can buy the damn thing already!

Agreed. I like my iPhone, but using the Nexus 7 FHD has made me want to get a stock android phone and at $350 it is hard to go wrong. My contract with ATT isn't up until next year so it is a really cheap way to get a new phone.

Didn't the leak on the play store say starting at $349?

Yup. Still, might be like amd "leaking" that their card is $699. Google might want to test to see how much the people are willing to pay. 

Yup. Still, might be like amd "leaking" that their card is $699. Google might want to test to see how much the people are willing to pay. 

willing?

all nexus phones have small or zero margins

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yup this is going to be sweet!

I wen't into the big melbourne Telstra store and they basically said they have the phones stocked.

(For those who are not Aussie, Telstra is the major telco down here.)

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

i wonder if it will come to australia? dont really think i would get an android phone now tho hearing that google is locking down android.

willing?

all nexus phones have small or zero margins

Yeah well you think Google likes that? They want to change that if possible

It's so affordable, I would only buy it from google directly.  Carrier locked locked down garbage installed firmwares full of bloat can eat my shorts.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think this phone will really be available on 1st nov. There is a rumor circulating in Hong Kong that the Nexus 5 will be available tmr, 1st Nov (Hong Kong time) unlocked,16GB only, and with a price tag of HKD$3898 (~$500). And according to some online media reports, one of the major retailers confirmed this rumor. If this phone is available in HK tmr, it should be available in other countries as well.

It's so affordable, I would only buy it from google directly. Carrier locked locked down garbage installed firmwares full of bloat can eat my shorts.

Even if you buy from a carrier (on contract), it'll be unlocked. Google phones are never locked. Even if for some reason it is, XDA will help you unlock it.

But, $350 is cheap. I bought my galaxy nexus for $600.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Exactly, I still think the Nexus 4's price when it first came out was stupid cheap and now the 16gb one is £150 is cray cray.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Nexus 5 should drop today guys between 3-5pm UK time.

really? how do you know :D? i live in the UK, if it does ill buy it now!