(Poll) What LTT theme do you use?

What LTT theme do you use?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. As stated in the title, what theme do you use?

• Standard / Default (White)
    • Night Theme
    • I didn't know about the Night Theme!

I always strive to go for darker/night themes whenever possible while browsing the internet. I just came across the Night Theme for the forum today and have been loving it so far. Let us know what theme you use!

Edit: Since it appears there are already a few results showing that people are unaware of the night theme (as I was), you scroll down to the bottom of any page and you'll see "THEME" with a drop down box to switch between them. Hope that helps!

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I always strive to go for darker/night themes whenever possible while browsing the internet. I just came across the Night Theme for the forum today and have been loving it so far. Let us know what theme you use!

I even use the awful looking grey theme for Outlook!

I also use the grey for all of office, the dark theme for VS and Eclipse, I have a black desktop background, and a dark chrome theme. 

white hurts my eyes ok?!

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Cant be bothered to switch between them. My eyes will have to deal with it

The only theme worthy of mentioning Dark theme.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I seem to be the only one on the whole forum who hates the night theme. Day theme ftw.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, Alaa said:

Cant be bothered to switch between them. My eyes will have to deal with it

Who said you have to switch? I prefer night themes even in the middle of the day.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

Who said you have to switch? I prefer night themes even in the middle of the day.

My room is either darker than my soul or lighter than heaven. Its easier to adapt to high light in darkness than to squint in order to see.

Ahh the glorious dark theme

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

I use night themes wherever they are available, and when they aren't I use tamper-monkey scripts to force it dark, Skype preview recent dark theme was the best thing Microsoft ever done since they bought Skype, frankly dark themes should be something common to be offered in any sort of application nowadays.

Taking Skype as example again, before they made the dark theme available all I had was the default blinding shining white one, it used to hurt my eyes since to work I depend on using it for hours, even turning screen shine to the minimum doesn't help when you have to stare the blinding white for long periods of time.

Nowadays not giving the user the option to save their eyes for long periods of usage by offering dark themes seems absurd to me, great work from LTT for offering it.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

9 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I only do that if I have an OLED/AMOLED panel and only if the blacks are true blacks.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

I use night themes wherever they are available, and when they aren't I use tamper-monkey scripts to force it dark, Skype preview recent dark theme was the best thing Microsoft ever done since they bought Skype, frankly dark themes should be something common to be offered in any sort of application nowadays.

Taking Skype as example again, before they made the dark theme available all I had was the default blinding shining white one, it used to hurt my eyes since to work I depend on using it for hours, even turning screen shine to the minimum doesn't help when you have to stare the blinding white for long periods of time.

Nowadays not giving the user the option to save their eyes for long periods of usage by offering dark themes seems absurd to me, great work from LTT for offering it.

I think it's to make us all wear glasses.... Illuminati confirmed ?

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I think it's to make us all wear glasses.... Illuminati confirmed ?

The increase in poor eyesight can be attributed to not looking far distances (ie being inside constantly) thus causing poor longer range focus, also more people get their eyes checked than in the past so some increase is caused by better checking practices.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I don't hate the Night theme, but the higher contrast makes it much more obnoxious whenever there's a white element on the page somewhere. That's what hurts my eyes. The ordinary Day theme is brighter, yes, but its softer and better balanced, and it doesn't require my pupils to twist themselves in knots whenever someone has a SUDDENLY OMG WHITE avatar or image in their post.

Even the colors of the type/background in the Night theme seem to strobe slightly to me. I don't find harsh white on harsh black as comfortable to read as the opposite.

Night Theme FTW... whenever possible.

Easier on the eyes.

Easier on the battery.

Just plain better all around.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I seem to be the only one on the whole forum who hates the night theme. Day theme ftw.

No I hate it too, if you want to piss off dark theme users set the colour of your front from automatic to black, drives them nuts.

Yours faithfully

6 minutes ago, mok said:

standard day theme because it looks less obvious at work that im not doing....work

Maybe I should switch back then... didn't think about that.

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

No I hate it too, if you want to piss off dark theme users set the colour of your front from automatic to black, drives them nuts.

Will do! Try and read my posts now, dark theme scum!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

58 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Your dark text does not affect me! Muwahahaha. Ok it was a little harder to read than normal.

3 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

That doesn't work lul

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

The increase in poor eyesight can be attributed to not looking far distances (ie being inside constantly) thus causing poor longer range focus, also more people get their eyes checked than in the past so some increase is caused by better checking practices.

Clearly you missed the humor in that

Ooh, shiny! (or dark, rather) 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

14 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Fine then. Try and read this 8)

Lol. Time to piss off those wretched light theme users.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),