(Poll) What LTT theme do you use?

What LTT theme do you use?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. As stated in the title, what theme do you use?

• Standard / Default (White)
    • Night Theme
    • I didn't know about the Night Theme!

i like dark themes for things my only problem is that i struggle to read white writing on a black background otherwise id for real ave the dark theme on

I lurk a lot

It's nice to see the data of this. About 1 out of every 6 people haven't even known about the Night Theme. Hopefully this topic spreads the word. Night Theme-ers unite!

2 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The only night theme that looks good is the Discord night theme.

Wow, I started using the Discord night theme almost instantly. I actually forgot that wasn't the default!

Just now, NinJake said:

Wow, I started using the Discord night theme almost instantly. I actually forgot that wasn't the default!

lol

I can't go back to the light theme on Discord. It looks so out of place lol

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Been about 2 days using the Night Theme and my eyes have been thanking me already!

I used to use the day theme (basically night theme but with lighter boxes for replies), but when they made the switch to the new IPS version they decided not to have it anymore.

So since I don't like night theme, I just use the light theme.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

23 hours ago, Nashiwa said:

Thanks a lot, I didn't know about the dark theme! Now it's much better for my eyes.

No problem! I figured by making this Poll/Thread it would spread the word to users to try out the different theme. Maybe sometime in the future they will release more themes as well!

How do i change to night theme, sorry , i am new, i dont know how ...

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

1 hour ago, Tamesh16 said:

How do i change to night theme, sorry , i am new, i dont know how ...

This is how : 

On 29/11/2016 at 8:11 PM, NinJake said:

Edit: Since it appears there are already a few results showing that people are unaware of the night theme (as I was), you scroll down to the bottom of any page and you'll see "THEME" with a drop down box to switch between them. Hope that helps!

On 29/11/2016 at 8:14 PM, Stardar1 said:

I even use the awful looking grey theme for Outlook!

I also use the grey for all of office, the dark theme for VS and Eclipse, I have a black desktop background, and a dark chrome theme. 

white hurts my eyes ok?!

freakin' microsoft not making a black theme for explorer!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

...Windows 10 lets you change the title bar and toolbar colors

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

5 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

...Windows 10 lets you change the title bar and toolbar colors

but not the background color

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 12/2/2016 at 10:53 AM, Sauron said:

That would be pretty awesome tbh!

How the fuck do I change the theme?

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

@kaiju_wars I described how in my edit on the Original Post. But scroll down to the bottom of any page while on the LTT website and click the "THEME" text with a little drop-down arrow.

11 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

How the fuck do I change the theme?

Bottom of the page, it will say "Theme"

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

That would be pretty awesome tbh!

It would, especially considering how easy it would most likely be. On Linux you can make your DE look pretty much any way you want it to, there are tons of custom themes you can make or download from someone else. Of course, to ship it with a commercial product they'd need to put extra care into colour matching and stuff like that, but it would definitely be doable.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

hated the night theme because it was pretty broken first time i tried it, the i switched over just to test and i havent felt like switching back again

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Not interested in themes because what's important to me is the content on the forums more than anything else. There have also been some abusive comments when things don't format correctly on the night theme (i.e. the poster being called a cunt as if it's their fault things format differently between the white and night theme).

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, ministrsinister said:

Bottom of the page, it will say "Theme"

1 hour ago, NinJake said:

@kaiju_wars I described how in my edit on the Original Post. But scroll down to the bottom of any page while on the LTT website and click the "THEME" text with a little drop-down arrow.

Thanks guys, after looking at both, I'm more of a day theme guy.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

56 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

don't format correctly on the night theme

I want to say this must have been fixed for default font colors. It seems for night theme the "default"is white and for day theme it is black text. I'm pretty sure the only situations where people get angry is because of users purposely changing the font color or copying and pasting text from elsewhere.

But I do agree.

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

what's important to me is the content on the forums

It is nice to enjoy good content with an appropriately fitting theme though :D But to each their own.

I need an all blue theme