should i upgrade to windows 8.1 from windows 7 ultimater before battlefield 4 is out?since there may be a performance upgrade?

ANNIHILATOR284

should i upgrade to windows 8.1 from windows 7 ultimater before battlefield 4 is out?since there may be a performance upgrade?

Personally i prefer windows 8.1, but there will not be much of a performance increase

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

It's not an increase worth the £70 that you pay for Windows.

Compatible with Windows 95

No.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

depends I noticed at least 10 fps difference I know FrankieOnPCin1080p recommends upgrading he also noticed a difference

Not unless you have the money and want a slight overall boost, like 5 frames per game on average.

Nothing to see here, move along

Not for the price. If you were to be buying a new PC, windows 8.1 is the way to go (with StartIsBack or similar if you dislike the "modern UI"), but it's not really worth the cost to upgrade your computer from 7 to 8.1 unless there are other reasons than DX11.2

HTTP/2 203

most youtubers say it was a big difference in the bf4 beta going from win 7 to win 8 but again that was during the beta. wait a couple days and see what ppl say if bf4 is the main reason you want to upgrade.

most youtubers say it was a big difference in the bf4 beta going from win 7 to win 8 but again that was during the beta. wait a couple days and see what ppl say if bf4 is the main reason you want to upgrade.

I'm on 7 and 8 and they updated the day 1 beta at some point. It was awful to start of with and by the end of the beta it was buttery smooth so should think it was that.

That said if the cash is expendable or you really want to do it, I prefer it as 7 feels dated

4 words are you f'n crazy. Stay with 7 absolutly no reason to switch ive had more issues with my kids laptop crashing than any other version windows.

nah don't do it for only a performance increase. If you also want it for other reasons then it is reasonable. If you are looking for a performance boost, look elsewhere to spend the cost of w8

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Direct X is going to die off anyway.

Mate, there wont be much of an increase, and if you aren't happy with the new modern UI start screen, theres really no point.